Beyoncé " Best Thing I Never Had" certified 2x platinum in UK

Renan90

This song single-handedly saved the “4” era in the U.K. It was such a big hit on radio over here that year. I also still remember everyone singing along to it at Glastonbury.

An international Pop hit and one of her best ballads.

Love On Top, I Care & Dance For You could never!

:jonnycat:

Literally her worst song ever. I wanna forget she even recorded this let alone released it and made it a single.

Just now, Shinning said:

Literally her worst song ever. I wanna forget she even recorded this let alone released it and made it a single.

Girl, STFU!

Its a CLASSIC! 

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Girl, STFU!

Its a CLASSIC! 

A classic to WHOM? It was the biggest chart success of 4 cause it's BASIC and GENERIC, just what the GP likes. But its lack of quality led to its poor longevity and thaat's why Love On Top outlasted.

Honestly, it's one of my least favourite Beyonce songs, but I remember how big it was back in the day.

"4" on the other hand is an amazing era :heart: Hope she'll bring that energy back for the upcoming album.

41 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Girl, STFU!

Its a CLASSIC! 

Lol

Wait, you like this song by Beyonce but Cant Help But Wait by Trey Songz is trash?

Your taste is random as hell 

Great to see it did well in the UK I guess

38 minutes ago, Shinning said:

A classic to WHOM? It was the biggest chart success of 4 cause it's BASIC and GENERIC, just what the GP likes. But its lack of quality led to its poor longevity and thaat's why Love On Top outlasted.

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Lol

Well, “LOT” didn’t outlast in the U.K/Europe considering “BTINH” is now multi-platinum (in several territories) and the other is, well…

:fan:

“BTINH” remains a classic in the country/continent where it was recognised and appreciated. We didn’t allow it to flop like her domestic market did with almost every other single from that era.  

:clap3:

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Well, “LOT” didn’t outlast in the U.K/Europe considering “BTINH” is now multi-platinum (in several territories) and the other is, well…

“BTINH” remains a classic in the country/continent where it was recognised and appreciated. We didn’t allow it to flop like her domestic market did with almost every other single from that era.  

:clap3:

Doesnt Love On Top have more streams WW though:mandown:

BTINH still lost the war

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Doesnt Love On Top have more streams WW though:mandown:

BTINH still lost the war

By default, and only because “LOT” is the only song from that era that she frequently acknowledges. 

Still…

• LOT: 460M+

• BTINH: 350M+

The war was only won by a hair it seems. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

One of her worst singles imo, maybe her worst due only to the matter of how basic it was compared to the rest of 4's songs that just shows the public's questionable taste.

Perhaps I just dislike it because it's a blatant Irreplaceable 2.0 after we already had so many Irreplaceable 2.0's from other big singers.

Just now, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

By default, and only because “LOT” is the only song from that era that she frequently acknowledges. 

Still…

• LOT: 468M

• BTINH: 350M

The war was only won by a hair it seems. 

Best Thing I Never Had also has a small lead in the UK

Love On Top will be Double Platinum this year in the UK as well, likely before fall:eli:

I think Beyoncé also isn't particularly fond of this song given that she hasn't performed it (not even a bit of or used it in an interpolation) since 2011 when it was a single. Meanwhile Run the World, Love on Top, Countdown, End of Time, have all been performed at multiple concerts/appearances since. I mean Love on Top (acapella) and End of Time were both performed at her solo Super Bowl that came directly after the 4 era.

Yeah, I can't congratulate this but good for It, I guess. 

Still surprising how much UK lashes to everything pop B releases. 

I am never going to understand the level of hate this song gets...

The song and video are too cookie cutter for me, im a STAN STAN so yeah.

But I get that artists have to spread their catalogue out to reach new audiences and this did for her what IASF did, grab international attention and sale tickets.

Congrats to BTINH :2ndplace:

in the end 4 got the last laugh after all

4 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This song single-handedly saved the “4” era in the U.K. It was such a big hit on radio over here that year. I also still remember everyone singing along to it at Glastonbury.

FACTS :clap3:

OH I WILL NEVER BE THE BEST THING YOU NEVER HADDDDDDDD

One of her best songs :clap3:

19 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Love on Top was such an unexpected smash. I always thought it might be too 80s/90s R&B throwback for the international GP and then it smashed :jonny5:

Party deserved :jonny2:

Best Thing I Never Had is kind of Irreplaceable Pt. II.

I love this song. It IS basic compared to her other singles but the vocals...whew and the Bridge is my fav part of this song.

The era would have COMPLETELY flopped without this song being released as a single. People can continue being mad about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.