• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• inmymendes

• BuzzCharts

• Protocol

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

Shocking how she pulls numbers :eek:

It's suspiciously shocking :deadbanana: As others mentioned on the first page, all of this seems so strange given that her social media engagement, even on TikTok, really isn't that great. The biggest sound for this that I could find on TikTok has 40K videos in over 6 weeks, which is quite low for "viral" standards. 

If there isn't something shady going on with the numbers behind the scenes, then I'm legitimately curious where these listeners are coming from and how so many people even know that this song exists :toofunny2:

I just went through her TikTok, most of her videos get high engagement. The pinned of this song alone has 12M views, 2.2M likes, 19.9K comments. She’s been teasing this song every day on TikTok for like a month. 

Edited by inmymendes

On 4/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, BuzzCharts said:

Her Instagram post for the song had 14k likes :rip: and none of the TikTok’s for the song are doing any numbers.  So once again that isn’t explaining her putting up numbers bigger than most MPGs on day 1.  

Nobody knows who she is or that this song is released yet she is putting up bigger numbers than Dua Lipa in the US……

12M views for a single Tiktok is not "doing any numbers" :rip: And her audience is very US/CAN focused so it has a big impact on the US charts

Also her tik toks are going viral for the song/content so people actually watch/like it for the song and not for a silly trend

12 minutes ago, Sept said:

12M views for a single Tiktok is not "doing any numbers" :rip: And her audience is very US/CAN focused so it has a big impact on the US charts

Also her tik toks are going viral for the song/content so people actually watch/like it for the song and not for a silly trend

I'm talking about tik toks for the new song.  "Fingers Crossed" blowing up wasn't a surprise because it had a lot of hype leading up to release.  Most of her recent tik toks don't even get 500k views.  I'm just saying that most girls can't get anywhere near the top 10 of US AM, yet here is this girl who's latest tweet got less than 100 likes promoting the song is having another hit out of nowhere.   Tate Mcrae puts up way bigger numbers on all socials yet doesn't even sniff the top 5 on itunes. 

Her songs behave like country songs on streaming/itunes as opposed to pop songs.  Maybe she got a lot of soccer moms on her side when she was on American Idol. 

Edited by BuzzCharts

6 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

I'm talking about tik toks for the new song.  "Fingers Crossed" blowing up wasn't a surprise because it had a lot of hype leading up to release.  Most of her recent tik toks don't even get 500k views.  I'm just saying that most girls can't get anywhere near the top 10 of US AM, yet here is this girl who's latest tweet got less than 100 likes promoting the song is having another hit out of nowhere.   Tate Mcrae puts up way bigger numbers on all socials yet doesn't even sniff the top 5 on itunes. 

Her songs behave like country songs on streaming/itunes as opposed to pop songs.  Maybe she got a lot of soccer moms on her side when she was on American Idol. 

Tiktok numbers are global and then you compare it to... US itunes chart? Hardly comparable

And Tate's biggest TikTok ever has 10M views (for "she's all i wanna be" which also had a very good debut on charts) while Lauren's "Finger Crossed" had 31M views and "Flowers" had 12M views so i'm not sure how accurate your "analysis" is 

This is painfully basic as was Fingers Crossed. But good for the business to have a new star. I just wish more interesting music would blow up.

I’m wondering what an uptempo song by her would sound like if she’s even interested in doing those. Regardless, I think she’s a great writer and her voice stands out among her peers for sure. I love any artist who can belt their heart out

Here comes the smasha. I think she’s really gonna be the next Canadian pop girl to smash in the US. Which is surprising to me cause I thought it would’ve been Tate McRae (still might be!)

I don't understand your complain, I find her voice listenable. In fact, I like this song very much, been on repeat since last week. Besides the fact I got obsessed with some love story that I found on YT and well...

The ending is such a highlight, wise words.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 50 on Pop :party: I don't have too much faith on it, since it's very slow, but I'd love to see it happening, beautiful song.

79    49    LAUREN SPENCER-SMITH    Flowers    422    59    363    0.767

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wild that she got a career with "Fingers Crossed", and then immediately killed it by releasing a carbon copy follow-up that displayed zero originality, growth or variety

This is a career-ending bomb, shows she has no range, and radio which was already a bit tepid with the first single will be over her now

A case study on how to make it and then how to **** it up

Em Beihold snatched the white girl singer songwriter spot she was going for

14 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is a career-ending bomb, shows she has no range, and radio which was already a bit tepid with the first single will be over her now

A case study on how to make it and then how to **** it up

Actually she’s doing great, she’s just getting starting, she’ll be performing tomorrow night on Fallon, she’s releasing her next single “Narcissist” soon, and she was just signed by a much bigger manager 

dLvZ9N6.jpg

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/andrew-gertler-ag-ziggy-chareton-lauren-spencer-smith-jp-saxe-shawn-mendes-1235304956/

Edited by inmymendes

52 minutes ago, inmymendes said:

Actually she’s doing great, she’s just getting starting, she’ll be performing tomorrow night on Fallon, she’s releasing her next single “Narcissist” soon, and she was just signed by a much bigger manager 

dLvZ9N6.jpg

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/andrew-gertler-ag-ziggy-chareton-lauren-spencer-smith-jp-saxe-shawn-mendes-1235304956/

K but she already pooped her radio career with one barely-made-it single and another bomb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.