Thandiwe Newton axed from film after row with Channing Tatum over Oscars’ slap

okgo

LINE of Duty actress Thandiwe Newton has been axed from the new Magic Mike film after a bust-up with Channing Tatum — about the Oscars slap.

Witnesses said the row on set escalated to “astonishing” levels before leading man Channing drove off in a car. Executives have decided to postpone work on the blockbuster and re-cast Thandiwe’s role - wasting 11 days of filming in London.

The 49-year-old Brit is said to be planning to sue studio chiefs at Warner Bros. However sources claim her position is “untenable” after the bust-up with Channing, 41, became “unimaginably vicious”.

Some freelance crew members also say they have lost £4,000 over the feud, which was sparked by a disagreement about actor Will Smith hitting comedian Chris Rock on stage at last month’s Oscars.

One said he saw Thandiwe and Channing arguing on set at Paddington, West London, where they have been photographed filming Magic Mike’s Last Dance — the third instalment about a troupe of male strippers.

The crew member told a pal: “Channing Tatum is the producer and number one on set. Thandiwe Newton is the number two star. But 11 days into shooting and it’s all over.

“They fell out over the debacle at The Oscars. I was on set. I watched her and watched him. They were in and out of the house where we were filming having this confrontation.

“It was a tense exchange of words, but suddenly it escalated - Channing got into this car and he disappeared.

“People looked at each other and thought, ‘Wait, we’re supposed to be filming’.” The source added: “After the row he just went, ‘I am not working with her anymore’. Him being a producer, it’s his movie, so she’s off the movie.

“She’s gone. Everything we’ve shot for the last 11 days has to be reshot with a new cast member.”

The source said of director Steven Soderbergh: “He didn’t take a side.

"He was trying to calm things down but he’s a very quiet man.”

The incident is understood to have taken place last week. Crew members then received daily emails informing them shooting had been postponed for a further 24 hours.

Channing, one of Hollywood’s most bankable stars, is now understood to have returned to the US for an Easter break.

The crew member claimed that Thandiwe — whose role had been kept under wraps — was “very demanding” before the row. A Warner Bros. Pictures spokesperson said: “Thandiwe Newton has made the difficult decision to step away from the production of Warner Bros. Pictures' Magic Mike's Last Dance to deal with family matters.”

MadonnasBoyfriend

Wow they can't just agree to disagree and keep it moving? Imagine being passionate about this thing that feels so two weeks ago by now.

The way this slap has thrown Hollywood into a tailspin lmao 

How many Magical Mike films are there out there, why are they still doing more and why is Channing Tatum still trying it? :skull:

3 minutes ago, igninton said:

How many Magical Mike films are there out there, why are they still doing more and why is Channing Tatum still trying it? :skull:

Because it’s making him and the studio a **** ton of money

money-horny.gif

6 minutes ago, igninton said:

This is the third I think. I mean a film with oiled half naked men it's not the worst thing to watch :michael:

All this over something that didn't even involve them :skull:

Oh my goodness. I’m Team whoever didn’t give a **** about the slap. 

6 minutes ago, McNulty said:

His GF is Zoe so we know which side he was on

But Jada was in the last Magic Mike movie. So I wouldn’t be so sure. 

ghows-NC-37da93bd-3df0-48c6-afef-96caf69

tumblr_o3k6q9NEPC1ruvpwjo2_400.gif

You can tell Thandiwe Newton is anti-assault and Channing Tatum is one of those corny celebrities running to comfort the assaulter. Thandiwe should sue and Channing should suffer. On a related note, can we stop pretending Channing Tatum (and Jared Leto) are talented actors? I guess the small silver lining to the evil Disney buying 21st Century Fox is that now we don't have to see Channing Tatum absolutely ruin the role of Gambit in the "X-Men" reboot.

...Vin

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Wow they can't just agree to disagree and keep it moving? Imagine being passionate about this thing that feels so two weeks ago by now.

MTE. It involved neither of them... When Twitter stan wars invade real life tea :rip:

People care about celebrities' lives THIS much that you'd lose a job over arguing about them?

57 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

The way this slap has thrown Hollywood into a tailspin lmao 

:ahh:

Happy Salma is the replacement. Queen needs/deserves more blockbuster roles! 

The randomness of it all :rip:

My goodness how tf did this even come up on set? 

I want this slap mess to be over. I dont know whose on what side but it could really be either one of them thats pro or against it.

Miss Thandie better get a good employment/litigation lawyer since she can definitely get them done in the UK against this :clap3: 

Channing is overpaid overrated eye-candy with a massive following that won't ever move up to awards contention because he won't have to.

Much like Dwayne Johnson. Disappointed Thandiwe was even involved in this project.

And I'm making safe bets on who was on what side on this.

Between this and the “sorry for being lightskin” vids, Thandiwe needs to stop being upset on other people’s behalf :rip:

i love Miss Newton but after that whole apology for being light-skinned video. i can tell that she's batshit insane :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.