95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

First reactions to Blonde are very positive :clap3:

Praying that it's not getting panned especially when Grace Randolph has been very critical to this movie :toofunny3:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

:clap3:Hope de Armas takes Volpi and get nominated for Oscar. The review so far. 

I think de Armas will miss SAG and BAFTA, but she'll get nominated at the end like Kristen Stewart and Ruth.

Oh wow turns out it was not the hot mess that people were claiming and Ana might still get a shot for a nom.

I was shocked the movie not PANNED, considering Grace has been having smear campaign against that movie since last year :toofunny3:

And I thought Indiewire would go for jugular to that movie. Turned out they liked de Armas' performance :toofunny3:

65 on mc; i'm thinking no. 

it seems a lot weirder than spencer which just managed 1 nom. 

VENICE, Sept 8 (Reuters) - The ghost of Marilyn Monroe made her presence felt during the filming of a fictionalised biopic of her life 'Blonde', throwing things around when she got angry, the actress who portrayed her, Ana de Armas, said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/marilyns-ghost-got-physical-filming-blonde-star-says-2022-09-08/?taid=631a383c51baff000171bf45&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

She took note from Gaga :dies: 

Blonde is 86% on RT :dies: 

I'm shocked it's still doing well there.

This was bound to have mixed reactions so it's expected. I thought it might land on 60s so it's doing better than I expect.

Ana should be safe for nods, even the more negatives are praising her performance. It will probably get a few more too like cinematography, makeup and costume.

If Ana won Volpi, I think she should be safe to get nominated for BAFTA.

SAG won't nominate a controversial role like that. They will pick basic nominees as usual.

To play Lydia, Blanchett learned to speak German, play the piano and conduct music, but the brilliance of her work goes beyond the conventions of study, practice and research (LA Times)

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-09-04/telluride-film-festival-tar-cate-blanchett-empire-of-light-olivia-colman

Perhaps Cate will take LAFCC and NSFC. Or she will tie with Tang Wei.

I won't be surprised if Cate sweeps trifecta critic awards like she did with Blue Jasmine :cm:

oh wow @ ottessa moshfegh writing the screenplay for causeway :eek: i'm even more excited now. hope the reviews tomorrow are positive

20 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I'm still skeptical of how the movie itself will be received and think that'll be the big hurdle for both performances, but it doesn't hurt that it looks like Apple TV+ has no other contenders for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress. So they may get a full push by Apple.

Ana de Armas can only happen if critics rally behind her performance and push her, and I honestly don't see that happening since I think Yeoh will take most of the critics favor. I've seen some things about scenes of Blonde and it's just too much for the AMPAS. 

3 hours ago, Donquizote said:

I won't be surprised if Cate sweeps trifecta critic awards like she did with Blue Jasmine 

the only woman who has been the sole winner of trifecta, twice, is Goddess Meryl Streep.

hopefully this lesser does not come close

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the only woman who has been the sole winner of trifecta, twice, is Goddess Meryl Streep.

hopefully this lesser does not come close

:dies:

Don't do Blanchett like that.

If de Armas won Volpi this weekend, I truly believe she'll get nominated. 

If Cate won Volpi second time, I truly believe that she'll sweep all precursors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.