Drag Race vs The World

Hephaestus

On 8/19/2024 at 2:52 AM, Jacobdaniel said:

this season had such a strong start but weak ending. tbh these mini-season aren't good. Not enough episodes to build a story arch or give more people a chance to win challenges. like this competition is ending when it feels like it should just be heating up

6 episodes is ridiculous imo.. as you mentioned the season feels like it should just be picking up but its literally over next week. They really need to restructure how they do these shows because these vs the world seasons, while fun end up being a complete nonevent. Give us 10 queens, 8 episodes.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

"Congratulations Lemon"

When I tell you I audibly gasped :chick2:

• Haha 2

On 8/18/2024 at 3:37 AM, Relampago. said:

Sorry, I don't care that Lemon has done well in the competition, her drag is simply boring and uninspired for me. 

#TeamAlexis

I love her but this is so lame, begging to be crowned because she probably won't come back to Drag Race again... :toofunny3:

Also I waited up until the finale to speak up on this because I wanted to form a better opinion on it, but there's a "mean" side that has come out of Alexis this season I really didn't vibe with, which really surprised me because I really liked her on her previous seasons.

Contrarily, I think Kennedy has been the warmest and most level headed we've seen her so far. I didn't really like her personality on S7 and appreciated her way more on AS3, but on this season she seems like a new person almost. Truly the queens who's impressed me the most out of the whole cast honestly.

It's gonna be either her or Lemon, probably the latter just because production probably won't crown two US queens back to back on a Canadian season.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I love her but this is so lame, begging to be crowned because she probably won't come back to Drag Race again... :toofunny3:

Also I waited up until the finale to speak up on this because I wanted to form a better opinion on it, but there's a "mean" side that has come out of Alexis this season I really didn't vibe with, which really surprised me because I really liked her on her previous seasons.

Contrarily, I think Kennedy has been the warmest and most level headed we've seen her so far. I didn't really like her personality on S7 and appreciated her way more on AS3, but on this season she seems like a new person almost. Truly the queens who's impressed me the most out of the whole cast honestly.

It's gonna be either her or Lemon, probably the latter just because production probably won't crown two US queens back to back on a Canadian season.

I thought Alexis on AS5 was way meaner. She seems a bit more level headed this time around. I agree with you about Kennedy though. 

2 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I thought Alexis on AS5 was way meaner. She seems a bit more level headed this time around. I agree with you about Kennedy though. 

I don't know, I remember her being ok on AS5 with the occasional fierce side coming out when she rightfully needed to defend herself. This time she's shown a more calculated, sometimes instigating side that I didn't like.

That's not to say she's a bad person or anything, I just didn't particularly enjoy her personality this time around.

• Like 1

Yeah that was obvious - but she earned it. So happy Alexis made it to the top 2 for the first time 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lemon is a great winner.  However:

Round 1: Kennedy Vs Lemon.  I thought Kennedy's lipsync trounced Lemon's so I felt gutted for Kennedy.

Round 2: Alexis Vs. Cheryl. Alexis rightfully won that. 

Round 3: Lemon Vs. Alexis. Alexis had the perfect dress for the song but Lemon did sell the song better so I understand her winning. Alexis had the best crown me look though. 

And cute for Eureka winning Miss Congeniality. I just wish Kennedy had rightfully ended up in the final 2.

• ATRL Moderator

Kennedy is the undeniable lipsync goat, her only loses come against the white payola’d queen of the season 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Colour me shocked! :sistrens: Not bothered by Lemon taking the crown though. She did great imo. The edit made it clear she was taking it from the start though. Still, this season was pretty fun and an improvement over s1.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Kennedy Davenport will ALWAYS be that. girl.

She TORE UP that Hideaway lip sync, like damn, I didn't even think she was dancing like that anymore :WAP:

• Like 10

Kennedy didn't really know the words right? Lol 

congrats, Lemon.

it was obvious she was going to win from like Ep.3 

Edited by Rigalo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What a load of ******* bs

Edited by Bewitched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lemming and NasTia winning, Sapphira CRISTal losing, what an awful year for winners :pukey:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

I still have to see the end of the episode, but I can only assume

they decided to crown Fierce after all, because of that look :clap3: 

Congrats girl

Firece is so stunning! when she turned her puusss UP it's over!!

Congratulations Lemon, I've enjoyed her since Canada S1 and her winning feels like a true full circle moment. You can tell she came prepared and really, really hungry for the crown this time around.

Congrats to Eureka too, I hope the money she won can help her get into a better position financially and in life considering she said she was struggling.

That being said, I have to be honest and say that Kennedy ate that lip sync up. Other than production shenanigans, the only reason I can justify her not moving forward to the final lip sync is her not knowing the words as well as Lemon. Additionally, I truly believe that Cheryl ate Alexis up in their lip sync and I truly didn't expect that to happen. But then again, I don't think Cheryl was ever in consideration to win the crown so it only made sense for Alexis to move forward.

When you have a cast as stacked as this it's always gonna be a little bittersweet because you wish multiple queens could get the crown, or at least this was my feeling watching it. It's also a bit of a shame how short the season was because I wish the queens could've had more time and opportunities to showcase more of their talents.

Great season overall, Canada really had a great year between their last regular season and this one :clap3:

• Like 2

lemon winning a season tailored for her... color me shocked :suburban:

the first half of the season started off really strong, but it fell off almost as hard as katy perry's new lead single from the charts. it was still enjoyable though, way more than as9 (to me :gaycat4:)

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't mind Lemon winning, but the final lipsync edit was just too much for me.

They were showing Lemon close-ups during best adlibs in the song, while Alexis was being shown mostly when she was just spinning around.

Anyway, the season ATE. Especially compared to that charity AS mess. 

Edited by Kamaotori
  • Like 4

Congrats Lemon indeed :eli: 

That was actually a really enjoyable episode for a finale! Lemon winning was painfully obvious for a while now and even though I actually think she lost both her lipsyncs tonight, I do think she did very well this season and her story to the crown through all her seasons is quite cute! She's probably not gonna go down as an iconic winner, but I'm still happy for her. 

Was not expecting this season to serve as hard as it did, but these girls truly DELIVERED and gave us some great TV. Sad it's over, but it was very enjoyable :clap3: 

It's a good day to be a Lemon stan :fan:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I was rooting for Alexis but I'm not mad at Lemon winning, she did good this season. Also, I loved the painting thing with Ra'Jah, very wholesome.

This was a good season tbh, just wish it was longer

They made it seem like Ra'jah drew the final portraits too, is that so? I'm gagged

In honor of past mirror messages:

"Lemon, keep your eyes on the stars… you'll never be one."

:heart: 

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.