• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• Cloröx

• frenchyisback

• Vespertine

2 minutes ago, KeshaSwift said:

Every live appearance is promo. And anyways, its not like she hasn't done promo through the ROOF this era.

-

OT: Embarrassing, and quite surprising actually.

What live appearance did she do two weeks ago? She’s done one performance this year.

What a disaster this era has turned out to be :ahh:

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Is this a bigger bomb than Witness/Smile?? Considering her status.

25->30 is certainly a bigger decline than Witness->Smile

This is embarrassing.  If it keeps going down like this, it will be below folklore in no time:ahh:

What a ******* bomb :ahh:

Is this why all the posts had to be archived? To hide all the receipts of the Adele stans being completely and utterly delusional? 

I seem to remember being called insane for pointing out how her label was poised to lose MILLIONS on the many many many (many) unsold physical copies they produced. Sad! I wonder how many people will lose their jobs over this catastrophe. 

Has she issued any Vegas refunds yet?

EOM and OMG still on TTH yet the album is plummeting even worse in streaming :deadbanana4:

Not Adele and Camila flopping at the same time :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

What a ******* bomb :ahh:

Is this why all the posts had to be archived? To hide all the receipts of the Adele stans being completely and utterly delusional? 

I seem to remember being called insane for pointing out how her label was poised to lose MILLIONS on the many many many (many) unsold physical copies they produced. Sad! I wonder how many people will lose their jobs over this catastrophe. 

Has she issued any Vegas refunds yet?

:hoetenks:

But also mess at no reschedule and no refunds. And it's true the album was certified 3x Plat in America which means there are about 700k copies collecting dust on shelves that will eventually be returned to the label.

Hubris always backfires. Tale as old as time.

yikes... that's kind of embarrassing 

This is what happens when you don't promote your album, I hope Columbia looks at this and finally releases a third single

Kinda embarrassing but also deserved for making safe white music every time. 

Meanwhile:

Folklore: 57 :devil: I wonder how long it's gonna take for it to surpass the other one.

:gayalipacat3:

Dangerous: The Double Album - 4,141,000

My Turn - 4,123,000

Shoots For The Star, Aim For The Moon - 3,972,000

After Hours - 3,576,000

Legends Never Die - 3,342,000

folklore -  3,333,000

Sour - 3,271,000

Fine Line - 2,692,000

Future Nostalgia - 2,607,000

Certified Lover Boy - 2,402,000

So yeah, I doubt it 30 will outsell these albums in the end, her "fans" truly set her up :deadbanana4:

I swear this era has been one money pit after another.

First, they spent all that money lighting up the world landmarks but no one knew what the hell it was for.

Then, they promoted EOM to high heavens on streaming and radio only for it to start collapsing as soon as they let it fall from #1.

Then they paid millions to cut the line at the vinyl factories to produce hundreds of thousands of unsold copies, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of CDs that are sitting on discount racks or in distribution facilities, never to be touched again.

Then there was the whole Vegas debacle, with all the promo money going down the drain, let alone the fact that she had her label pay to renovate the venue that she ended up canceling the NIGHT BEFORE. Caesar's ended up undoing all that work anyway, which is what makes it so funny to me :bibliahh:

Finally, her label is going to have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to get all the unsold CDs and vinyls shipped BACK to them.

Yes, the era has done big numbers, but considering how much must have been put into it, I seriously doubt it broke even. I just know the Columbia executives are resenting and regretting signing Adele right now :gaycat6:

With the album OUT of the top 40 and likely to stay that way for a while, this era really does seem like a big disaster for everyone involved. I just know the OTH who hid behind Adele and got their kii's when Taylor moved her release date are fuming now :clap3:

Edited by wastedpotential

12 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I swear this era has been one money pit after another.

First, they spent all that money lighting up the world landmarks but no one knew what the hell it was for.

Then, they promoted EOM to high heavens on streaming and radio only for it to start collapsing as soon as they let it fall from #1.

Then they paid millions to cut the line at the vinyl factories to produce hundreds of thousands of unsold copies, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of CDs that are sitting on discount racks or in distribution facilities, never to be touched again.

Then there was the whole Vegas debacle, with all the promo money going down the drain, let alone the fact that she had her label pay to renovate the venue that she ended up canceling the NIGHT BEFORE. Caesar's ended up undoing all that work anyway, which is what makes it so funny to me :bibliahh:

Finally, her label is going to have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to get all the unsold CDs and vinyls shipped BACK to them.

Yes, the era has done big numbers, but considering how much must have been put into it, I seriously doubt it broke even. I just know the Columbia executives are resenting and regretting signing Adele right now :gaycat6:

With the album OUT of the top 40 and likely to stay that way for a while, this era really does seem like a big disaster for everyone involved. I just know the OTH who hid behind Adele and got their kii's when Taylor moved her release date are fuming now :clap3:

When you put it like that... :hoetenks:

4 hours ago, Protocol said:

:hoetenks:

But also mess at no reschedule and no refunds. And it's true the album was certified 3x Plat in America which means there are about 700k copies collecting dust on shelves that will eventually be returned to the label.

Hubris always backfires. Tale as old as time.

Probably even more than that :deadbanana: 

Perhaps Walmart should try a $1 Easter basket filler deal?

This is embarrassing :deadbanana2: what happened to all the OTHs hiding behind Adele :deadbanana2:Where are they at :deadbanana2:

:jonny2: Its what she deserves for releasing such a boring album
She needs to come back with a different sound for once.. i would like her to try a (soft-)rock  album :michael: 

30 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

This is embarrassing :deadbanana2: what happened to all the OTHs hiding behind Adele :deadbanana2:Where are they at :deadbanana2:

And they were so confident back in October/November, too :deadbanana2:

I knew I was correct this was going to fade quickly, she's lucky she's Adele, had it been any other singer this wouldn't have lasted in the top 40 as long as it has. I literally never saw anyone irl or all over Twitter mention her or the album since it's release. It's like it completely left the mind of the public after the novelty of the release

If i were her, i’d come back quick with another (much better) album in the next year or so. If she takes another 5 year break her next era will flop. If she doesn’t want to promote this album anymore that’s fine. Just go back to the drawing board. Her first week numbers show there’s still a lot of interest in her but the album probably disappointed a lot of people and they stopped listening to it fairly quickly after release.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.