• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• sam.teas

• Delirious

• Lady Claire

On 7/29/2022 at 2:31 AM, FireFade said:

If she actually lipped sing to the songs it would of been less awkward. Only part I liked it the end with my favourite song when she sat at the table just wish she actually sang along :jonny2:

On 8/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, Delirious said:

can she at least drop a deluxe with 5 bonus tracks?

She'd be stupid not to atp. I guess it all depends on her new management's plans for her

This album deserves more attention because it is back-to-back bangers! The way Let Love Go, Good Luck, Let Them Know, and Definition remain on permanent replay in my mind :jonnycat:

On 8/21/2022 at 5:57 AM, Delirious said:

I don't think she's doing this but we can expect some droplets coming and later added to the album throughout 2023... that's what she did with both of her previous projects

17 hours ago, campelo said:

This is perfect to work out to

this has been my go-to-gym album since the release. overthinking is the clear standout from it.

I wish her label had the balls to try to push Overthinking in the US, at least to introduce her to new audiences

• 2 months later...

Definition is so good... I still have it in my playlist

Animal: 6/10

Let Them Know: 9/10 (best song on the album period !!!)

Shy: 6/10

Definition: 8/10 (this should have been the 3rd single after I Wish)

Good Luck: 6/10 (this song's release as 3rd single completely killed album hype)

Let Love Go: 8/10

Overthinking: 6/10 (Mabel and 24kGoldn lack chemistry)

Crying on the dancefloor: 7.5/10 (this was a bit overlooked when I first played the album a few months ago... But upon reflection this is really catchy)

I love your girl: 6/10

When the party's over: 6.5/10

LOL: 7/10 (another DCMU copy but it's so damn catchy... If Anne-Marie's recent songs like Psycho could be a hit, why didn't this become a hit?)

I Wish: 7.5/10

Deal or no Deal: 6/10

-----

This is a decent album... But honestly not a album for Mabel's personality? She is a very cute & nice , but she lacks that larger-than-life vocal & diva personae of dance diva. The transition from her cool-indie/R&B girl in 1st era to dance diva in 2nd era is not exactly natural IMO

The only songs in which she sound like a diva are Let Them Know and Definition ... Aka the 2 standout songs on the album

That being said , I'm not sure if there are any hit songs on the album? The song sounding most like a hit is 'I Wish' 

-----

Maybe if I had planned the singles, I would release these

- 1st single: I Wish (the Love Island promo should have been saved for this)

- 2nd single: LOL (it is what it is... If Anne-Marie still got hits w pure pop songs like Psycho/ Uh Oh , this should have been a hit with the right promotion)

- 3rd single: Definition (I Love LTK but in restropect it's a risky single... Definition sounds more radio-friendly IMO)

- 4th single: Let Love Go

- 5th single: Let Them Know

Let Them Know is such a ridiculous song but it bops a bit. Definition is the best here I feel. Shy and Animal are nice too.

This album was just not it for me honestly. I feel like the label was pushing too hard for a Future Nostalgia type smasha. 

Edited by orange22

Animal: 10/10

Let Them Know: 10/10

Shy: 7/10

Definition: 9/10

Good Luck: 1/10 just awful :monkey:

Let Love Go: 8/10

Overthinking: 8/10

Crying on the dancefloor: 7/10

I love your girl: 10/10 pop perfection :clap3:

When the party's over: 6/10

LOL: 9/10

I Wish: 5/10

Deal or no Deal: 4/10

One of the best pop albums of the year!

• 3 weeks later...

Why have I only just discovered I Love Your Girl :jonnycat:

Lemme give the full album a listen asap

EDIT: Just clocked the chorus instrumental is almost a replica of Carly's Cut To The Feeling nn

Edited by nathanspears

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 10:15 AM, Supervillain said:

Honestly with the amount of songs she scrapped she could release another album, even better than ALN :skull: 

do you have any tea since she got signed to dua's old management and was pictured back in the recording studio? are we really getting no deluxe or droplets?

On 8/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, SchmoodRing said:

@BlackoutZone @Supervillain

Are we getting a deluxe edition with 

The Body

Guilttrippin'

Bittersweet

Imagination

Heartbreak Season

You Can't Tell Me

Need

are we really not getting any of these songs? especially with the way y'all were hyping THE BODY up

On 8/10/2022 at 1:48 AM, Delirious said:

Her label was literally gonna shelve the album last minute. That unreleased album is def not coming ?

both statements kill me lol 

On 8/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, Plebhead8 said:

It’s defo just a first draft of aln not a whole other unrelated album, tre-jean marie posted it with shy, definition, good luck, trash etc on the tracklist among others 

what are the among others that were contenders?

On 8/21/2022 at 4:57 AM, Delirious said:

i know right The Body, Guilt Trippin, Bittersweet, Imagination, Heartbreak Season and You Can't Tell Me are sitting right there

On 8/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, Slap said:

You’ll be glad to hear Definition came up in my Apple Music suggestions and it got me to discover this album! I’ve always liked Mabel’s music but hadn’t yet connected with her as an artist but this album is great!

she's a cute girl to stan for. i saw her live and it was like watching the girl next door blow up. support her and be a fellow mabelle/mabelline

On 8/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, cockatoo said:

She'd be stupid not to atp. I guess it all depends on her new management's plans for her

do we know what their plans for her are exactly cause they use to manage dua so i have expectations

On 8/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, Lady Claire said:

I don't think she's doing this but we can expect some droplets coming and later added to the album throughout 2023... that's what she did with both of her previous projects

is this confirmed though for sure

11 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

i know right The Body, Guilt Trippin, Bittersweet, Imagination, Heartbreak Season and You Can't Tell Me are sitting right there

she's a cute girl to stan for. i saw her live and it was like watching the girl next door blow up. support her and be a fellow mabelle/mabelline

do we know what their plans for her are exactly cause they use to manage dua so i have expectations

is this confirmed though for sure

You love quoting old posts :skull: 

OT: The album is unsalvageable. She should just move on.

9 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

You love quoting old posts :skull: 

OT: The album is unsalvageable. She should just move on.

:dies: