Mabel - 'About Last Night…'

Supervillain

On 6/29/2022 at 2:59 PM, Better Mistakes said:

no angel by charli 

i was getting more of a WORK FROM HOME by 5H vibe but i can hear NO ANGEL too

On 7/2/2022 at 4:23 PM, sam.teas said:

not another single... 

read the post above. it's clearly just a promo single but from multiple insiders have confirmed that it is a great song. here for it becoming the dark horse of the era

On 7/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, Plebhead8 said:

Is that clip of LOL actually a music video or is it just some sort of visualiser for the full album?

possibly a single because she hasn't filmed anything else for any of the other songs 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:24 AM, FireFade said:

Let Love Go is the weakest so far :duck: still a cute lil bop 

instead of lil tecca it should've either been left alone as a solo track or featured raye on it since she is one of the songwriters and been a girls night out **** your ex type of anthem

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• sam.teas

• Delirious

• Lady Claire

On 6/28/2022 at 6:37 AM, Supervillain said:

Her Instagram Story :bibliahh: Which one of you?

what did she post?

On 6/28/2022 at 8:09 AM, sam.teas said:

not the fake email 

?

3 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

that's disgusting wth :rip: stan culture i swear

On 5/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, Supervillain said:

Rough demo that never happened

how come to the fat boy slim sample didn't happen?

On 5/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, dangerousalex said:

i assume this album not changing much is due to the fact it was sent to be pressed on vinyl ages ago (which is why it’s dropping on release day) and is just now being released which explains the new digital exclusive tracks 

exactly what the case is but hey at least we're getting the album finally 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, dangerousalex said:

this will definitely be the Poster Girl of 2022 but hopefully more consistent

oh this a guarantee just based on the snippets alone

On 5/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, Lucky#17 said:

Played through the first 20songs & I've already got 9contenders noted for my Top10. The excellence in this round :clap3:

wait what?

On 5/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, SimpleKindofLife said:

She has so much potential I really need this album to somehow be successful

she better have more dj collabs up her sleeve. link up with calvin harris again sis <3

On 5/27/2022 at 4:43 AM, Mellark said:

I am excited for this. So many good releases in July. I remember seeing her live at The Troubadour almost 3 years ago and her debut was one of my favorites. I am curious to see if the sound is different from High Expectations, but I liked HE so I am curious about this new sound for her. I hope she has her Jessie Ware moment. 

I hope it's signed and not a signed insert. My Sigrid vinyl was signed, but it's cute. 

the sound is different from her. before she was giving ambient h&m now she's giving studio 54 lite. she deserves to be just as big as she was promising to be in her previous era. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:07 AM, BlackoutZone said:

Impressive the tracklist hasn't changed since how it was a year ago, they just added feats

are their any songs that should've been included that you know of or was this more or less always the intended incarnation?

On 5/27/2022 at 5:19 AM, Supervillain said:

Yeah she recorded new stuff, would be weird to just scrap it all and go with old **** 

maybe they're saving it for the deluxe or the next record?

On 5/29/2022 at 4:55 PM, Lady Claire said:

She got so much better performing. Now looks like she's having fun and going all out

as she should

On 5/29/2022 at 4:58 PM, sam.teas said:

this is exactly what i want to see from her: happiness 

this

On 5/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, Sesame said:

Yes what he should have done was told her that she fell off hard 

imagine waking up and leaving your house to be bitter smfh 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, Supervillain said:

Rough demo that never happened

how come to the fat boy slim sample didn't happen?

On 5/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, dangerousalex said:

i assume this album not changing much is due to the fact it was sent to be pressed on vinyl ages ago (which is why it’s dropping on release day) and is just now being released which explains the new digital exclusive tracks 

exactly what the case is but hey at least we're getting the album finally 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, dangerousalex said:

this will definitely be the Poster Girl of 2022 but hopefully more consistent

oh this a guarantee just based on the snippets

On 6/11/2022 at 7:44 PM, kyliefever2002 said:

this is a bit disappointing considering that she recorded more tracks for the project, so putting a remix from a track that has already been in 2 projects instead of those new tracks is just so :skull: 

maybe they're being saved for something else

On 6/24/2022 at 9:49 AM, Supervillain said:

Not the "LOL" snippet playing... :rip: Can't believe she's pushing this song

is the song not good?

On 6/25/2022 at 3:44 AM, Better Mistakes said:

This was a really sad and insightful interview: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/27/tiktoker-mabel-bullying-brits-animals-2019-pop-cruel-comments

For a while she couldn’t listen to the new album, worried she had made a mistake. Then she realised she loved it, and that had to be enough. Plus, she says, the pop market has been “crazy” since the pandemic. “I’ve been quite sad about it. Everything feels so disposable. TikTok has given the power to kids, which I love – some kid will post something and then it’s in the Top 10. But I worry about that kid and the pressure of having to deliver again. I’m in my 20s and I still find that hard.”

yeah tiktok is the cancer of the music industry smfh the way ya want these artists to rely on app designed for kids to get hits is sad. this album regardless of it's commercial performance is gonna be a solid body of work and i'm more than happy with that

On 6/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, goldstargay said:

Pandering to tik tok is ruining pop music.

again for the people in the back

On 6/26/2022 at 4:13 AM, FireFade said:

might be a wildly unpopular opinion, but Overthinking is one of her best :WAP:

the structure of it is so messy. 24k is featured way too much on the final version. it should've gone his intro, her first verse, the chorus, her second verse from the solo version, chorus, 24k's rap from the final version featured here as a bridge instead of repeating the intro then the both of them of the final chorus together would've been chef's kiss

On 6/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, hugonibs2 said:

Guys don't worry the album is a bop. Let's just hope they pick the right songs as future singles. 

any recommendations on what should be a single?

On 6/19/2022 at 2:32 AM, Better Mistakes said:

This could’ve been a cute Future Nostalgia era in the UK had it not been completely mismanaged and the right singles chosen

mabel deserved

On 6/19/2022 at 2:03 PM, Lucky#17 said:

Considering how long it took them to get Good Luck out, they're doing the right thing now - putting lots of new music out pre-release, getting her booked for performances & creating as many signed bundles as possible. This won't do as well as High Expectations, but I think she'll be good. That snippet she posted of her Deal or No Deal verse on IG sounds like the best thing she's done since High Expectations + the best tracks are yet to come, so I'm still hyped.

exactly she just needed more of a promotional push. they really thought that she could just smash out of the gate but are sadly mistaken

On 5/27/2022 at 4:39 AM, Plebhead8 said:

Maybe they’re just adding post album singles like they did with Boyfriend idk?

it would be weird to name only one feature if all 5 were remixes imo 

i'm so mad that we never got red flag as an official single follow up release after boyfriend. but instead it was made out to be a spotify single exclusive like tf

53 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

wait what?

Mybad, accidentally posted that here instead of the Song Contest game thread.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, mlaredoperez said:

omg thanks!!

It's much more funky/disco rather than dance pop

she needs to work with him again officially. hopefully she is on his album.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:02 AM, computer.boy said:

^^

I might sound like a hater but

”I didn’t sign up to be a TikToker”

* Proceeds to promote Overthinking in such a quirky way on TikTok *

Mabel sis, don't try to pull an Adele, it is what it is, get those coins!

i mean she like many other artists have expressed are being forced to use and cater to that damn app for promo. mabel isn't pulling an "adele"

On 5/27/2022 at 2:06 AM, computer.boy said:

But seriously though, it's sad to hear that she had a rough time during the past years while all we knew about her was all about the success behind DCMU / High Expectations.

I'm glad that she managed to take some time for the sake of her mental health. Kudos to her!

you could tell the she's in a much better place. it shows especially when she performs now. good for her

On 5/27/2022 at 2:39 AM, mystery said:

That interview was really good, it is sad to see that she has been having a rough time lately. I hope the situation can improve. I am happy she is finally able to put out the work that she wanted to. Maybe it won't perform the best but why does that matter if she believes in it, was also sad to read that she couldn't even listen to it for a bit because she was so worried she made a mistake.

i have so much respect for her standing by her art. the true fans will support and so far early reviews have critics taking a liking so it was all worth it in the end

On 5/27/2022 at 4:02 AM, TakeYouToHell said:

Good Luck isn’t that bad, the problem is that it’s too long actually and the second part of the chorus ruins the whole song. 

anyways so excited by this pop bible because Let Them Know and Overthinking are 10/10 bops:jonnycat:

it's really not that long the way y'all are dragging it's length lol lowkey mad that galantis didn't play this during his planet pride set though

On 5/27/2022 at 4:26 AM, Supervillain said:

Yes! Very Carly Rae Jepsen. 

this may be the uk emotion then 

On 5/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, Lucky#17 said:

Thank God - July seems like the perfect time for this album! High Expectations ruled my Summer2019; this'll probably rule Summer2022.

:duca:

same i just got out of a relationship so this maybe the soundtrack of my summer

On 5/26/2022 at 4:07 PM, NumbSoul said:

Wow, I thought they would shelve this! I'm so happy it's actually coming :'( 

Can't wait, hope she serves a lot of bops and that the album is not too short.

The cover is cute, I was expecting more tbh, but it does look better every time I look at it again ddd

who is that in your avi?

On 5/28/2022 at 5:41 AM, TakeYouToHell said:

Some gay demon possessed her at the studio while recording Let Them Know because how can it be still that good after constantly replaying it since last year? a smash that got away

while i do like the song, the structure of it bothers me so much. it's like it was butchered to be under 3 minutes. i have this same issue with overthinking as well. 

On 5/28/2022 at 6:31 AM, Death said:

I read an interview where she said that this album is heavily influenced by ballroom and drag culture so I’m kinda excited for it :gaycat1:

yes makes sense considering she's grown up surrounded by alot of gay black men which is what inspired this album. she is literally giving us everything that we want and we're paying her dust. repent y'all!'

On 5/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, Better Mistakes said:

honestly she should just put out a song a week and see if one sticks

that's literally what's happening lol

On 5/28/2022 at 6:49 AM, Supervillain said:

It’s much stronger. Any song could be a single. 

which song would you recommend should be a single?

On 5/28/2022 at 8:02 AM, Delirious said:

Poster Girl is toptier tho and has the same story. My top 10 fave album of 2021 :clap3:

it was a good album but not great. zara's albums always suffer from inconsistencies in that regard

On 5/28/2022 at 7:19 AM, touch said:

Just heard the Good Luck demo and it's perfect! Definitely switching it on my iTunes when the album comes out

the demo just excludes the intro, post chorus breakdown and outro... the change isn't that drastic for y'all to switch on the final lol

On 5/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, Delirious said:

she barely has any 'proper' fans

but she might manage to nag a hit after the album's release

this album is coming out on my birthday so she can count on me as a #mabelle to stream it non stop

I hope there are many Let Them Know type of songs in the album!

That lead single is pop perfection!!!!

6 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

as she should

this

imagine waking up and leaving your house to be bitter smfh 

You literally told someone they shouldn’t have been nice to Mabel :gaycat6:

I hope there is more bangers like Overthinking on this album! then i'd be listening and hopefully get addicted :heart:

This album needs to hurry up, I need the bops :'( 

While not all the songs were instant for me, I ended up loving all 4 of them at some point!

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

who is that in your avi?

Jinsoul from LOONA. It's from this video: Link

1 week to go and the hype is close to zero :toofunny3:

I'm so excited though