Harry Styles - 'Harry's House'

James_Dean

While I don’t absolutely love every track, the album as a whole is really good and I’m enjoying a lot of it! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• storminthedark

• More Than A Melody

• Dsmrs77

I'm not a fan of him but this is the first time I enjoy most of the songs on the album :heart2:

smoore95GAGA

Just wanted to pop in real quick to ask if everyone has recognized the fact that Satellite is indeed the best song on the album :gaycat2:

I needed some time for it to grow on me cause it didnt have a real standout apart from LNT

Overall I love the album, it's not as good as FL (not even close IMO) but I enjoyed most of the tracks

Favs:

Sushi, LNT, As It Was, Daylight, Cinema, Keep Driving and Satellite

It really is so frustrating how banal the lyrics are, this could've been a masterpiece :rip: Like, the production is so gorgeous, the melodies lush and beautiful, but then you pay attention to what he's saying and it's an Instagram caption. 

That said it's a great 'mood' album you can just leave on so I will be giving Miss Styles streaming coins. "Boyfriends" in particular is going on my morning acoustic playlist, my fav song on here tbh. Gorgeous harmonies.

I think the singles will be "Late Night Talking", "Daydreaming", and "Satellite" (the latter with a radio edit that shortens the intro).

I could also see "Cinema" but it seems a little too meandering for radio. I do love it though, it reminds me of The 20/20 Experience. That album is a good comparison for this one IMO, amazing production with lightweight lyrical content but it works so well as a mood you don't really care. In general Harry seems to be following a Justin Timberlake esque career path but with smarter PR.

Daydreaming and Daylight:jonny2: AIW still sounding like pop perfection too

So far my faves are AIW, Sushi, LNT, Little Freak, Matilda, and Daylight

After 1 day, me thinks that Love of My Life is the best on the album! :clap3:

Daydreaming is going to smash the US to bits. It should’ve been the second single 

2 hours ago, EndOfJune said:

I'm surprised daydreaming isn't pulling more streams. best song on the album and it's such a goodfeeling summer song too :katie2:

1 hour ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Just wanted to pop in real quick to ask if everyone has recognized the fact that Satellite is indeed the best song on the album :gaycat2:

The taste :jonny5:

I get that it's less instant or ear-catching as Fine Line but it still has fantasticcccc tracks. Such a great album. 

Managed to get the orange vinyl from the London pop up shop :jonny6:

I love this album, might be his best :clap3:

Very cohesive and the production is amazing.

I can't stop listening, it's such a vibe! :heart2:

My faves at the moment: LNT, Little Freak, Matilda, Cinema, Daydreaming, Satellite

The Spotify streams :jonny5: 

what a King!! 

btw…. grape juice keeps getting better 

I enjoyed this way more than I did his previous 2. There aren't many standouts, but everything is solid and there are almost no skips.

The segment of Matilda - Cinema - Daydreaming is the highlight and the only time I've saved 3 songs from one Harry Styles album to my library, let alone consecutive.

My faves are Keep Driving, Grapejuice, Satellite and Daylight, but I like every song! (except for Boyfriends oops)

Love the album!!!! :clap3:

Opinions after listening for the first time: 

• It's really cohesive. 
  • Based on the first listen: Fine Line > Harry's House > Debut album. 
  • His vocals on this are better than in any of his previous albums. He kinda went off!
  • Second half >>>>>>>>>>>>> first half. 
  • Satellite must be one of his best songs ever. 
  • Daylight, Little Freak, Matilda bottom 3 :zzz: 

Fave tracks:  Satellite, Cinema, Daydreaming, Keep Driving, As It Was

My trinity:

As It Was / Little Freak / Matilda. 
Sublime. 

3 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

My trinity:

As It Was / Little Freak / Matilda. 
Sublime. 

Same. Only switch sublime with late night talking

Ok finally listened to the album - good! First one of his i've downloaded and kept the whole thing :clap3: 

I’ve finally finished the album. While I do agree that fine line immediately grabbed me more as opposed to House of Harry. It was still a great listen. AIW  definitely was a good pick for single material. One of the better songs. I also liked Boyfriends, Keep Driving and Day dreaming. 

20 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Not him being stunned the crowd wants Medicine :lmao:

Still fuming how he didn't add it on streaming... Like we need the studio version!! 

Grapejuice is just otherworldly. Easily dethroned Sunflower Vol 6 as his best song, those of us who get it just get it! Mmm those Nine Inch Nails’d industrial guitars leading into a divine Vampire Weekend pastiche complete with the filtered soft vocals :jonny5: Ughhhh so amazing

Daydreaming follows close behind, whew. What kind of long lost Studio 54 mindless bop.