Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• storminthedark

• More Than A Melody

• Dsmrs77

I'm finally diving into this and wow, five songs in I'm not disappointed at all

Just now, Edibles. said:

I'm finally diving into this and wow, five songs in I'm not disappointed at all

I was literally about to say the same thing. I’m very surprised. This is definitely putting him on another level as an artist, it’ll definitely get acclaim too.

3 minutes ago, conquxror said:

I was literally about to say the same thing. I’m very surprised. This is definitely putting him on another level as an artist, it’ll definitely get acclaim too.

Music For a Sushi Restaurant blew me away. Grapejuice was the only one that kinda lost me but it's still fine

Pretty sure he's going to announce a One Night Only event for the album either today or tomorrow :party:

5 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

tickets how?

Register now for Harry Styles - One Night Only In New York

Harry Styles is celebrating the release of his new album Harry's House with a special show at UBS Arena on Friday, May 20th and wants to make sure his fans have the best chance to get tickets.

There will be two ways for fans to purchase tickets:

• American Express® Early Access powered by Verified Fan: Thursday, May 5th @ 9AM ET
  • General Verified Fan Presale: Thursday, May 5th @ 12PM ET

“We expect the demand for tickets to see Harry Styles - One Night Only In New York to be overwhelming. Due to the limited quantity of tickets available, there will not be a Public Onsale. Registering for one of the two Verified Fan Presales is the only way to ensure you have a chance to purchase tickets.“

Edited by Dsmrs77

7 hours ago, storminthedark said:

New show in london just announced :party:

Omg 

I see on Ticketmaster there’s an O2 presale, an album presale and an American Express presale all opening next Tuesday, let me see what I can get ?

2 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

can we get a second song already :gaycat6:

You can get all 13 of them apparently :lakitu:

51 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

can we get a second song already :gaycat6:

the second single is probably not coming until the album drop I think :gaycat6:

Daydreaming has a sample from The Brothers Johnson’s Ain’t We Funkin Now. 

14 hours ago, storminthedark said:

the second single is probably not coming until the album drop I think :gaycat6:

They're in a pickle with the second single. I don't think they ever imagined As It Was would become this big.

It's similar to when Blinding Lights blew up for The Weeknd, and his following single really just got drowned out. Save Your Tears wasn't released until many months after In Your Eyes sort of failed, and even that needed a remix with Ariana to summit on the Hot 100.

Harry's already filmed the music video for the second single, so they sort of have to go with it. Unless they hold off on that and pick a different song to sort of be a "bridge" single that they don't expect as much from, as As It Was is still growing on radio and will be a major player for most of spring/summer probably.

It's a good pickle to be in, but decisions must be made on when to release another single and which song to release (based on their overall goals).

43 minutes ago, canyonmoon said:

They're in a pickle with the second single. I don't think they ever imagined As It Was would become this big.

It's similar to when Blinding Lights blew up for The Weeknd, and his following single really just got drowned out. Save Your Tears wasn't released until many months after In Your Eyes sort of failed, and even that needed a remix with Ariana to summit on the Hot 100.

Harry's already filmed the music video for the second single, so they sort of have to go with it. Unless they hold off on that and pick a different song to sort of be a "bridge" single that they don't expect as much from, as As It Was is still growing on radio and will be a major player for most of spring/summer probably.

It's a good pickle to be in, but decisions must be made on when to release another single and which song to release (based on their overall goals).

I think it'll depend on whether they want to cut off the legs AIW might have for a better "summer sounding" single like Late Night Talking or Daydreaming. It could be the driver's license of the era where it has a massive debut and does well internationally but is overshadowed by other songs (like good 4 u or deja vu) which have better longevity but idk. AIW is huge and streaming better than DL was at this point. They filmed the fine line videos out of order of release and I think he filmed something in LA after coachella (he had a fresh manicure in pap pictures which usually means he shot something) so maybe the buckingham palace video isn't the second single. 

1 hour ago, storminthedark said:

They filmed the fine line videos out of order of release and I think he filmed something in LA after coachella (he had a fresh manicure in pap pictures which usually means he shot something) so maybe the buckingham palace video isn't the second single. 

I 100% believe they have at least 2 videos already filmed. If I were to guess, the buckingham palace video is Daydreaming, and they might have one for Late Night Talking. 

I’ve seen a lot of hype for Late Night Talking since he performed it at Coachella,  so I would perhaps release that one first since some people  are already somewhat familiar with it and asking for it. It’s perfect for the summer too.

Although (and I don’t think this is a likely scenario) I would love to see the fan reaction if he were to release Daydreaming before the album 

By the way, we now have the writing credits for the album.

Of note:

• Amy Allen on Matilda

• Daydreaming contains a sample from "We Ain't Funkin' Now" by The Brothers Johnson 

• We have the usual suspects on most songs, except for Tobias Jesso Jr. on Boyfriends and Samuel Witte on Cinema. 

ooh, this is going to be controversial, but we did get a lot of great answers from Harry the last time.

I tried looking for where this was announced, but I assume they might have mentioned it on the radio?

I assume we’ll get another excellent cover for the dads with this one :gayrrycat1:

59 minutes ago, Dsmrs77 said:

ooh, this is going to be controversial, but we did get a lot of great answers from Harry the last time.

I tried looking for where this was announced, but I assume they might have mentioned it on the radio?

I assume we’ll get another excellent cover for the dads with this one :gayrrycat1:

this is the clip of the announcement. it's going to be messy but the last interview with him was good ignoring the dad and therapist stuff towards the end

Agreed that the last Stern interview was a bit messy, but it also helped to introduce him to a new demographic

6 hours ago, Dsmrs77 said:

I 100% believe they have at least 2 videos already filmed. If I were to guess, the buckingham palace video is Daydreaming, and they might have one for Late Night Talking. 

I’ve seen a lot of hype for Late Night Talking since he performed it at Coachella,  so I would perhaps release that one first since some people  are already somewhat familiar with it and asking for it. It’s perfect for the summer too.

Although (and I don’t think this is a likely scenario) I would love to see the fan reaction if he were to release Daydreaming before the album 

I didn't listen to the leaks but apparently Cinema is also a banger. I think they should push post album singles, it's definitely doable nowadays. With a good radio push, a good video, and maybe a performance.