• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gagacasanova

• Rylary

• nooniebao

• HEAVYONIT

still top 20 iTunes :gaycat1:CMT performance seemed to have great effect :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

CMT Awards Performance

Finally she's doing sth interesting for once :jonny: 

Legendarrie 

I was kind of meh with the song at first but the "CMT Awards" performance sold it for me :clap3:

8 hours ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

I was kind of meh with the song at first but the "CMT Awards" performance sold it for me :clap3:

That's the same sentiment I have generally..I was very meh with the song, but the more I listen to it and the more I understand the lyrics, I'm like this is dark af and I love it. When I first heard it, I was like this is too happy! But then the more I listen and the more I understand, I'm like dang son, this is deep. It's truly lyrically amazing! 

For some reason the beginning of "Ghost Story" reminds me of "Something in the Water." Anyway, that CMT performance was absolutely gorgeous! I was not expecting her to do a little trapeze. The song hasn't done anything for me. Maybe it'll hit different once the album drops. Maybe not. 

This better go top 10 on radio.

Finally watched the Grammy performance.

That was not that good :chick3:

CMT was a shock tho :jonnycat:

16 hours ago, Bdawg said:

Where is this on radio? 

Right outside the top 30 on Country radio.

Does anyone know the official font used for the "Ghost Story" text and Denim & Rhinestones album logo? I'm looking to make some graphics/alternative covers. Thanks!

3 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

Video premiere Friday.

This looks really good!!!! Can't wait!

stunning!

Country

29 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story spin 1528 total audience 5.292

climbing with all these promo, thats pretty good.

After listening more and more to the other two promo tracks, I think 'Crazy Angels' would have been the far superior lead single.

I think 'Ghost Story' may suffer the same fate as 'Cry Pretty' on country radio - being the lyrics may be too complex for the average listener to care about? Let's be real, country radio today likes simple songs where you know what's happening right away. While 'Ghost Story' may not be the strongest lyrically, I have had several people really think the song is about nothing but a ghost and think it's stupid. :rip: The average listener is not going to hear it and be like "wow I relate to this and totally am the ex that got away and want to haunt my former partner". 

Even the title track would have been superb, but maybe too pop? I don't know... 'Crazy Angels' has grown so much on me and sounds perfect for Spring/Summer. :doc: I will be really surprised if at this rate 'Ghost Story' can make top 20.

It is a slow grower, but I really like the song, the video, and the CMT performance.

It did have me wondering how much 'mainstream country' appeal it would have on the radio, but I guess we will see

This has moved top 30 on Billboard Country Airplay after 7-weeks, which actually is not horrible.

Carrie is getting a lot of hype for her Stagecoach performance, so perhaps this will help with radio performance? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.