• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Megamind

• Bloodflowers.

• Bosque

• frenchyisback

Just tragic having LePen in the 2nd round :rip:

She is worst than Trump:clown: 

Macron walked back some of his controversial plans for the retirement system to score points, meanwhile Le Pen wants to end military cooperation with Germany, pull France out of the NATO command chain and strengthen ties with Russia :clown:

60% of under 65yo in France voted for a candidate that wants to leave the EU one way or the other. 

Europe is OVA!

Frexit coming by the end of the 2020s :gaycat6:

My brother said he wanted to vote for Melanchon but he got scared Lepen would end up #1 in the first round so at the last second once in the voting boot, he voted Macron...

Tho' he hates Macron, wants his to retire at 60yo & always wants to leave the EU that he finds to far right economically :gaycat6:

Edited by frenchyisback

French people are clowns if they think retiring at 60 is correct... There will be a HUGE labour shortage because of this... And then you don't want immigration as well... Looks like they want to become a Japan

Edited by Monster Megamind

21 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

French people are clowns if they think retiring at 60 is correct... There will be a HUGE labour shortage because of this... And then you don't want immigration as well... Looks like they want to become a Japan

French people are something else tbh, they'll literally shut down the country and set cars on fire if you confront them with demographic realities... 

4 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

French people are clowns if they think retiring at 60 is correct

I don't think the best way to get the French people to not vote for a fascist willing to disrupt the neoliberal norm is to insult them and tell them to suck it up and accept living within the meat grinder of neoliberalism, sis!

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

I don't think the best way to get the French people to not vote for a fascist willing to disrupt the neoliberal norm is to insult them and tell them to suck it up and accept living within the meat grinder of neoliberalism, sis!

I don't agree with you. Facts are facts... You can't magically produce workers out of thin air. If you don't want your Younger population to be overburdened, you need to raise the retirement age. That's economics 101. UK and Germany are recognizing that they will have a higher older population in the future and already planning raising retirement ages. Retirement age shouldn't even be on the ballot. Experts need to decide this. Pensions will balloon up exponentially and burden the working age people. Or you'll be on the path to hyperinflation.

And if young people feel overburdened, then they will automatically move to another country in EU and France will end up like Greece.

22 hours ago, Revolution said:

wtf :deadbanana:

Omg ? this is not a good pr move by her team 

On 4/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, Revolution said:

wtf :deadbanana:

:rip:
Trump could never…

Edited by frenchyisback

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

:rip:
Trump could never…

Trump kinda did this in his rallies

What's the buzz in Paris? Paris and it's suburbs are going to decide this election.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:29 AM, Monster Megamind said:

And then you don't want immigration as well.

Just like the US and many other countries, they probably think they have too much (non white) immigration already, so they'd rather vote for the far-right than sit next to a brown skinned person on the bus.

Immigration by Country:

France - 13.06%
United States - 15.28%
Germany - 18.81%
Canada - 21.33%
New Zealand - 28.65%
Australia - 30.14%

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/immigration-by-country

Also on Our World in Data:

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/migration?facet=none&Metric=Number+of+international+immigrants&Period=Total&Sub-metric=Per+capita+%2F+Share+of+population

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

Just like the US and many other countries, they probably think they have too much (non white) immigration already, so they'd rather vote for the far-right than sit next to a brown skinned person on the bus.

Immigration by Country:

France - 13.06%
United States - 15.28%
Germany - 18.81%
Canada - 21.33%
New Zealand - 28.65%
Australia - 30.14%

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/immigration-by-country

Also on Our World in Data:

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/migration?facet=none&Metric=Number+of+international+immigrants&Period=Total&Sub-metric=Per+capita+%2F+Share+of+population

I wonder how many of those 13 percent are actually white? So the number of Browns is even less...

On 4/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, Monster Megamind said:

It's not about labor shortage only about inefficient pension systems in the EU. I'm working till 65, giving away 1/5 of my salary to the government and yet I will still get a beggarly pension. They are not clowns for not wanting to work till death.

But they are definitely clowns for voting for Le Pen especially now.

Edited by TasteOfYourLips

1 hour ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

It's not about labor shortage only about inefficient pension systems in the EU. I'm working till 65, giving away 1/5 of my salary to the government and yet I will still get a beggarly pension. They are not clowns for not wanting to work till death.

Negotiations could be made to increase the pension but the pension age should be increased. You don't die at 65 so work till death is disingenuous.

7 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

I wonder how many of those 13 percent are actually white? So the number of Browns is even less...

The vast immigration France is actually immigration within from other EU countries. :rip:

Imagine if they had to actually deal with US levels of black & brown immigrants. :gaycat6:

By country[edit]

Recent immigrants arriving to France as per 2014:[24]

Country[25] % of all
immigrants in France

23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal 8%[25]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 5%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 5%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 4%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 4%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png Romania 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 2%[25]
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland 2%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland 2%[25]

23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png Algeria 7%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco 7%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia 3%[25]

23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey 2%[25]

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 2%[25]

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 2%[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_France

Just now, frenchyisback said:

The vast immigration France is actually immigration within from other EU countries. :rip:

Imagine if they had to actually deal with US levels of black & brown immigrants. :gaycat6:

By country[edit]

Recent immigrants arriving to France as per 2014:[24]

Country[25] % of all
immigrants in France

23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal 8%[25]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 5%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 5%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 4%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 4%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png Romania 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 2%[25]
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland 2%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland 2%[25]

23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png Algeria 7%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco 7%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia 3%[25]

23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 3%[25]
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey 2%[25]

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 2%[25]

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 2%[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_France

There are going to be some bad days ahead, when the French realize that the labor will only come from African or south Asian people in the future..

8 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

So the number of Browns

:skull:

48 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

This statistic may have been true in 2014, but in 2022, 47% of immigrants in France are African-born, 32% are European-born and 14% are Asian born. https://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques/3633212

EDIT: The statistics on Wikipedia are apparently only the migration flows into France in 2012

Edited by Kitty Kat

6 hours ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

A relevant video about a country that has an early retirement age.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.