Jump to content

UK Politics 🇬🇧 Liz Truss kills Queen and economy


Diarrhoea
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Zack said:

Even if he doesn't lose, what is left of his credibility and authority will be severely damaged by this. 

 

Theresa May didn't lose her no confidence vote but ended up leaving within a few months anyway, due to tensions within the party following the vote.

 

Yeah and he has two disastrous by-elections coming up in 17 days :fan: but Theresa had enough public pledged support by lunchtime, whereas voting has been open for 45m and he's still, like, 50 short. His campaign has been terrible and Nadine Dorries has been... herself and I choose to believe he'd lost. :giraffe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Robert

    17

  • Benjamin

    19

  • fountain

    20

  • Diarrhoea

    18

Posted (edited)

 

Edited by nathanspears
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

 

NAOMI-DG-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a bit worried right now, I pray this is the last straw for everyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theresa dressed for when she reclaims her throne. :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the Reddit prediction thread I said he loses 189-166 with 4 abstentions applies clown makeup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just don’t know why any right thinking MPs would want to support him anymore.. it’s career suicide, so hopefully they use some sense and this is actually it for him :dancehall3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miss @Diarrhoea are you able to change the OP to remove the Dec 12 date for the GE? I was confused seeing that earlier thinking there was one this year :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boris is not losing this vote

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

The only hope.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Miss @Diarrhoea are you able to change the OP to remove the Dec 12 date for the GE? I was confused seeing that earlier thinking there was one this year :rip:

I've been meaning to do it for ages (obviously) but it's been so long that idk what to change it to :fan: might try and find a quote from the OG House of Cards or something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Diarrhoea said:

I've been meaning to do it for ages (obviously) but it's been so long that idk what to change it to :fan: might try and find a quote from the OG House of Cards or something

thanks sis. :fan: was very confused by the date. 

 

Hope - but doubt - Boorish loses but even if he doesn't, there's still a lot of cracks in the party now and he is a certified criminal! :fan: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

thanks sis. :fan: was very confused by the date. 

 

Hope - but doubt - Boorish loses but even if he doesn't, there's still a lot of cracks in the party now and he is a certified criminal! :fan: 

Yes let's focus on this

 

mogul3.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh Boris losing is probably the worse result for Labour.

 

If he barley wins, the Conservatives will keep a hated stubborn leader who will not willingly resign that the public despise, while the Conservatives fall into civil war.

 

If he overwhelmingly wins, same as above but the Conservatives are more united.

 

If he loses, the Conservatives get a new leader who might pretend to be competent and get a new leader bounce from voters. Boris stink is gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

211-148 for Boris, we'll see how June goes x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boris wins. It wasn’t even all that close either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worse than Theresa May though, that's absolutely brutal, he's done. Not immediately, but soon.

 

That vote against is absolutely huge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Tbh Boris losing is probably the worse result for Labour.

 

If he barley wins, the Conservatives will keep a hated stubborn leader who will not willingly resign that the public despise, while the Conservatives fall into civil war.

 

If he overwhelmingly wins, same as above but the Conservatives are more united.

 

If he loses, the Conservatives get a new leader who might pretend to be competent and get a new leader bounce from voters. Boris stink is gone.

I think you're right that this was the best case scenario for these reasons. 

 

Sure we want absolutely rid of the cockroach that keeps holding on without dignity, just like Theresa before him... but this is still a bad result for him and the stain on his image stays. When not even 60% of his party want him around, it's damaging. To get less support than Theresa did when she was battered and bruised (not strong and stable) on the daily before resigning is humiliating. And they can't rebuild till he's gone, so the longer he holds on the more damage he does for them. :fan:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The conservative mouthpieces are no doubt going to go on a media run and try to spin this into a win somehow :rip: “the votes have shown that there is confidence in the pm!! the majority want him and believe in him!!!” :biblio:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That MP on SkyNews saying Zelensky will be punching the air and celebrating Boris survived. Wow. :rip:

 

I could never be a journalist, I would've been very rude if he has said that to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...