• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• John Slayne

• Robert

4 hours ago, Codex said:

Isn’t he more LGBT friendly than Sunak?

No, he hates LGBT people just as much as he hates foreigners, black people, working class people, women, etc.

Writing in the Spectator in 2000, Johnson attacked what he called "Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."

In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

There was even more explicit homophobia. As Business Insider previously revealed, in a 1998 Telegraph column about Peter Mandelson's resignation from the Labour government, Johnson said the announcement would lead to the blubbing of "tank-topped bumboys" in "the Ministry of Sound" nightclub, and "the soft-lit Soho drinking clubs frequented by Mandy and his pals."

He added that Mandelson's departure would cause the "lipstick" to come away from Blair's government.

In a separate Telegraph column Johnson also bewailed attempts to increase equality at the BBC for gay people.

"It must be a spoof," he wrote.

"In my hand was a magazine from something called the BBC Resources Equal Opportunities Unit. There were letters from gays asking about their "partner's" right to a BBC pension."

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

Homophobia

• Johnson said that it was “right” that Tories would wish its leadership to “speak up more strongly against…gays in the military”
  • While he was an MP, Johnson published an article that said there was a “grit of truth” in Robert Mugabe’s comment that New Labour was composed of “gay gangsters”

Source: https://labour.org.uk/press/newly-unearthed-comments-further-expose-boris-johnsons-homophobia-and-racism-2/

TELEMMGLPICT000313639960_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Looks like Boris is faltering and might not get over the line. He'd have declared he was running by now if he was sure of the win. Would not be surprised if he announces he's supporting Penny tonight or tomorrow morning to try to push her above 100 MPs. Can imagine him wanting to spitefully try to prevent Rishi from getting a coronation. 

Spoiler

It's what I'd do.

How much of a ******* idiot do you have to be as an MP to be supporting Boris' return :ahh: sunak is the safest option 

Edited by Janet

If Boris comes back and is forced to resign in less than 45 days :rip: 

I have an idea on how to get labour into power. 

Send Angela Rayner to go speak with the king.

Have her request that the King dissolve Parliament and order a new General Election so the people have their say.  

She can do this with her seductive Gobby Northerner twang and they can have her show her 

tumblr_inline_oe109tQz1L1u0kr49_540.png

To Charles. Easy peasy. 

Charles dissolves parliament and orders a General Election. Labour Sweeps. 

Problem solved! 

Boris got one last lie in by saying he had over 100 nominations but still decided to not run.

Bye. You won't be missed. :clap3:

More or less confirmed to be Rishi’s then…

He’s obviously the technical best option, but do we really want that? He might be able to save face and make the Tories look better, but there’s no chance he’s going to actually do anything for working class people; he’s a Tory, after all. Nothing is going to significantly change, and change is what we need. It seems like more of a danger that they could regain public support and we will, again, be stuck under their leadership for the foreseeable future. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Boris got one last lie in by saying he had over 100 nominations but still decided to not run.

Bye. You won't be missed. :clap3:

Nice to see him humiliate himself one last time :clap3: 

The mess wouldn't have been this big if they had just picked Sunak from the beginning. He is so obviously better and more capable than Truss and the fact that they were even considering Boris again over him is insulting.

Boris dropped out to save the Tories for the next elections.

Nothing surprises me anymore, so I could picture Rishi flopping in the same amount of time :rip: 

Well. Ok. Let’s see what he says he’s going to do for the people (and then inevitably doesn’t do, or does something that actually makes conditions worse). Wave that magic wand. 

spacer.png

I know he's ultra rich, conservative, and the definition of the elite, so we don't stan. But it is a moment of historical and symbolic significance to have an Indian prime minister. First PoC in general too. There have not been many of those in Europe. Idk if it's just the historian in me but I think it's notable.

With the queen's death it feels like a year for decolonial moments

> sunak will cling on until the next ge because, unlike truss, he is not a flagrant idiot

> economy will recover in the short term and this will be used as a selling point to the voters, with them forgetting that the tories were the reason it tanked in the first place

> this is also because the past few days have proven voters clearly have a ******* two week memory with people unironically wishing for boris to return

> nothing more needs to be said about how much a corporate shill a literal tax-avoiding billionaire prime minister will be

> the tories will win the next ge. partly because of voters having a two week memory and thinking, while cradling their hot water bottle in the midst of the twentieth blackout of the month, "well, our electricity bill has literally quadrupled but think how much worse it would have been if that jimmie curbin got elected!"

> also partly because keir starmer is an centrist wet wipe who doesn't have a clear stance on anything although, i admit, great british energy was a step in the right direction

country is a lost cause :coffee:

Edited by bluth

6 minutes ago, bluth said:

> sunak will cling on until the next ge because, unlike truss, he is not a flagrant idiot

> economy will recover in the short term and this will be used as a selling point to the voters, with them forgetting that the tories were the reason it tanked in the first place

> this is also because the past few days have proven voters clearly have a ******* two week memory with people unironically wishing for boris to return

> nothing more needs to be said about how much a corporate shill a literal tax-avoiding billionaire prime minister will be

> the tories will win the next ge. partly because of voters having a two week memory and thinking, while cradling their hot water bottle in the midst of the twentieth blackout of the month, "well, our electricity bill has literally quadrupled but think how much worse it would have been if that jimmie curbin got elected!"

> also partly because keir starmer is an centrist wet wipe who doesn't have a clear stance on anything although, i admit, great british energy was a step in the right direction

country is a lost cause :coffee:

And let’s not forget the most important rule of all

> everything will somehow be labours fault, even though the last time they were in power was before the current year 7s were born 

Coincidentally, the day that Sunak secured the premiership (24 Oct) is also Diwali, one of the most important festivals of the year for Hindus.

So does anyone think the Tory MPs intentionally sabotaged Truss from the beginning because they didn’t want her? She came in second to Rishi in the parliamentary vote, but she got to be PM because she won the party member vote. It’s like the past seven weeks were all just a plot to get her to leave so that the parliamentary party could get their chosen guy into the job.

#100 - OUT

Hi UK girlies. Is there any teas about Scotland (and in general NI and the union) rn?

14 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Hi UK girlies. Is there any teas about Scotland (and in general NI and the union) rn?

No idea about Scotland, but in Northern Ireland an election will be called within the next 12 weeks after the deadline to restore a devolved Government in Stormont passed with no resolution.

https://news.sky.com/story/northern-ireland-secretary-says-he-will-call-stormont-election-after-attempts-to-restore-executive-fail-12732457

Matt Hancock being on that show is so messy but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the shower

Hopefully Rishi/Keir follow his lead and go in next year :smitten:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.