UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ Election July 4th (officially)

Diarrhoea

keep seeing deeply mad sh*t about the tory manifesto, feeling very uncomfortable and then telling myself 'actually you don't have to worry about it cos they're going to be out on their arse in about three weeks time', it's really liberating

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• Robert

the green manifesto is a slay, vote green!Β :clap3:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Slayne said:

the green manifesto is a slay, vote green!Β :clap3:

Just wondered will they get some extra MP on top of they likely retain their sole seat in Brighton Pavilion iirc?

3 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Just wondered will they get some extra MP on top of they likely retain their sole seat in Brighton Pavilion iirc?

They're targeting Bristol Central as well I believe

3 hours ago, discreetinside said:

they are targeting 4 seats in this election but if you vote for them somewhere else they're more likely to keep their deposit so we should still support them. also i want to keep Labour on their toes and not get too comfortable thinking we all support their Tory policiesΒ 

• Like 1

labour politician debuts singing career etc etc

Β 

ngl it kinda slaps

The Greens wanting a ban on domestic flights while simultaneously being anti-HS2, then Β wanting to phase nuclear power while advocating for a better environmentΒ :bibliahh:Β The jokes write themselfΒ 

Edited by abelfenty
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yeah the Greens manifesto is a bomb. Obviously they're right on the social issues but everything else is just serving let's just export our emissions abroad without giving it a second thought.

Β 

The Lib Dems surprisingly have the best manifestoΒ :deadbanana4:

So girlies, what are we saying? Lib Dems or Greens? Both parties have their faults but these are the only two options for me that are pledging for real, actual change… at the moment I'm undecided.

Β 

The Labour party under Keir Starmer are no better than the Tories, so I won't be voting for them. (I live in a healthy Labour majority seat so realistically my vote isn't going to change much but I want to put my support behind a party that actually stands for something different)

• Like 1

:clap3:Β 

Daisy Cooper was great on the ITV debate tonight. It's either Lib Dems or SNP for meΒ 

Not a serious party

• Haha 2

Are Sunak and Starmer really having a war in the media right now over who had the more working class background growing up? :deadbanana2:

Reform is now 2nd in the polls, Nigel wants a Conservative Alliance, will become Tory leader and potentially PM in 2029.. maybe I need to look for flights to Johannesburg (my home country would never take my ass back :rip:)Β 

Edited by Gwendolyn

• ATRL Moderator

Labour have a right-wing manifesto

Greens are anti-public transport

I can never trust the Lib Dems following the coalition

Β 

Vote for your local progressive independent candidates!

• Like 3

the Green manifesto is still the best by a large margin. don't be easily swayed by twitter libs who are telling you that 'Greens oppose HS2', literally a quick google search will tell you they have no talked about it in years. their 2024 manifestoΒ includes pledges for publicly owned railways, re-opening old rail lines, and investing in electrification of the rails. even the ban on domestic flights only includes 'flights that would take less than 3 hours by train', not a blanket ban on all domestic flights.

Β 

please read the manifesto and make up your own mind. vote for someone who shares your values and who you think would actually be a good representative, not a faceless Labour candidate that is going to give us 5 more years of austerity. all that's going to do is set up Tories/Reform to return big in 2029.

Edited by John Slayne
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:12 PM, KFC said:

Are Sunak and Starmer really having a war in the media right now over who had the more working class background growing up? :deadbanana2:

There is nothing worse than politicians who try so hard to look like "ordinary people"Β :rip:Β Β 

• Like 1

Labours manifesto is a bomb

Greens manifesto is a bomb

Β 

Looks like I'm forgiving the Lib Dem's and voting for them, as they're somehow and for the first time the only party with good policiesΒ 

Β 

I actually feel so embarrassed knowing there are brain-dead fat gammons like him in this countryΒ :rip:

Edited by abelfenty

Why do I feel like Rishi wants to lose his seat so he can go straight off to California

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abelfenty said:

Β 

I actually feel so embarrassed knowing there are brain-dead fat gammons like him in this countryΒ :rip:

Do you live in a city? Brain dead fat gammons like him are the majority of this country :rip:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

Why do I feel like Rishi wants to lose his seat so he can go straight off to California

i fully believe he called the election because he's sick of the job and wants to get it over with. he knew himself and his party are gonna get rinsed either way. he just pulled the plug sooner so he can move on to whatever else he'd rather do.

• Like 2

the way Tories have ran out of excuses and all they can say is "b-b-but Labour will raise your taxes!"Β 

Β 

like just listening to Rishi right now and you can feel the desperation. it'd be sad if they weren't so nastyΒ 

I'm kinda cackling at JK Rowling saying she won't vote for the labour party because of their stance on trans issues, whilst progressives and LGBT folk feel as though labour aren't doing enough for trans people. She's so deluluΒ :deadbanana2:

Β 

It's kinda giving right wingers saying the BBC is too left wing, when it's chaired by a former Tory councillor and the platforming of people like L*ura K*nnesb*rg just shows how right wing they actually areΒ 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.