UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ Election July 4th (officially)

Diarrhoea

4 hours ago, Brando said:

Basically same thing that Obama did.

That is exactly the wrong way to interpret how Obama pulled a Hillary and only switched on gay rights when it was politically expedient to do so after Joe Biden came out in support of it, which was at the time deemed to be a gaffe to do so, who was brought on as Vice President supposedly because he'd be to the right of Obama on every issue. Yet on social issues in general, Obama tended to be indistinguishable from McCain. :celestial5:

Β 

On the current topic here, though, it doesn't seem like Keir Starmer is being ambiguous in his disdain for trans people. He's not going to switch if he suddenly gains control. He's just pushing the political environment towards being even more dangerous and life-threatening to the trans community of Britain. How many more Brianna Gheys have to be murdered by terrorists who can easily find an ideological home under Keir Starmer or Rishi Sunak alike?

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• Robert

8 hours ago, Brando said:

Labour needs to win the next election. They can't stand on these socially untested ideas because Tories will destroy them at the polls for that. And it makes sense. Once they are in power they can start adopting more pro-LGBT policies. Basically same thing that Obama did. Initially saying that he believed that a marriage was between a man and a woman and then fully supporting gay marriage from the start of his second term. Calling Keir a transphobe because he doesn't support this or that idea put forward isn't the right solution though. Same way as attacking Obama for being homophobic would have probably only cornered him in the wrong place. Corbyn was unelectable and dragged Labour down, so it's good to see him gone.Β 

You either stand for something or you don't. Elected leaders and politicians have influence. This does NOT help the situation, especially in the UK. Go **** yourself you corrupted bastard.

Β 

Not to mention this goes against every bit of his 'human rights barrister' record - the ONLY thread of decency/likability he had going for him. A liar, a cheat, and a downright opportunist. He might as well join the Tories.

Edited by Pandora

7 hours ago, cockatoo said:

Why are people still talking about Jeremy Corbyn in 2023?Β :rip:Β He's not coming back

Why are people still using trans people as a political football in 2023? Trans people are not going away. Check yourself if this is all you're getting from the conversation.

The man behind Yewtree being unscrupulous? Shocker!

I respect and admire Jeremy Corbyn. I wish he could be PM. But the points about his electability are irrefutable. The 2019 election was a disaster, plain and simple.

Β 

The moderate Labour message isn't as electorally inadequate as the corporate democrats. Nor is it entirely equivalent, as it doesn't come with the same level of outright corruption.

Β 

But UK Labour are not finding the right balance between electorally sound policies and keeping some kind of integrity. They are running as tories-lite. This represents Keir Starmer throwing trans people under the bus as a political calculation. They do not need to go that far - in Australia, our Labor politicians are moderates mostly too, but they wouldn't be seen dead saying this ****.Β 

Β 

The UK electorate is captured by conservative media and is hostile to leftist politics. I get it. But there is a better way than this

10 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That is exactly the wrong way to interpret how Obama pulled a Hillary and only switched on gay rights when it was politically expedient to do so after Joe Biden came out in support of it, which was at the time deemed to be a gaffe to do so, who was brought on as Vice President supposedly because he'd be to the right of Obama on every issue. Yet on social issues in general, Obama tended to be indistinguishable from McCain. :celestial5:

I think Obama was always an ally, but he simply couldn't run on gay marriage support issue in 2008

The UK is so f*ckedΒ :rip:

Β 

The 2019 election is genuinely the worst thing that happened to that country, maybe even more than Thatcher's election. It pretty much destroyed any chance for the true left to ever win an election. The consequences of that are gonna be felt for a long time to come.

Stream I Wrote a Song

• ATRL Moderator

Tory MPs are FURIOUS a 25-year-old doesn't share their racist, transphobic, lower income-murdering politics

On 4/1/2023 at 4:32 PM, Brando said:

Party Membership =/= ElectabilityΒ 

LOL!

20 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Β 

I think the BBC reported she was home when police arrived? And I assume that they're just moving gardening equipment to get into her shed rather than, like, excavating her garden for buried embezzled money. What a mess though :skull:

Β 

UK politics getting one step closer to the US everyday and it’s on all sides

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Β 

UK politics getting one step closer to the US everyday and it’s on all sides

And Labour’s leaders are still sharing it. They’ve completely lost the plot.Β 

I finally understand those people who couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Hilary and Biden even if Trump is worse.

Β 

I was sure I was gonna vote for Labour in the next election like I’ve always done but unless they change their stance of supporting transphobia, they won’t be getting my vote.Β 

Why do you have that bland man leading Labour anyway?

Β 

You're telling me you can't find one woman with charisma? :rip:Β 

On 4/8/2023 at 4:38 AM, CaptainMusic said:

I finally understand those people who couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Hilary and Biden even if Trump is worse.

Β 

I was sure I was gonna vote for Labour in the next election like I’ve always done but unless they change their stance of supporting transphobia, they won’t be getting my vote.Β 

Sure Jan.Β 

On 4/8/2023 at 9:38 AM, CaptainMusic said:

Β 

I would be very done with Labour but my MP is Zarah Sultana so I guess she can stayΒ :gaycat6:Β my parents' MP is Jamie Wallis (the trans MP) and I don't know what I'd do if I still lived there, the local Labour Party is dreadful and he isn't the absolute worst that the Tories have to offer so I'm unsure. I already voted for the Tory West Midlands mayor in 2021 because he's doing a fine enough job and Liam Byrne was (and is) an absolute ghoul. What a depressing time to be alive!

43 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Sure Jan.Β 

Lol @ β€œSure Jan” like I have to vote for this terrible party :lmao:Β 

Β 

IΒ won’t be voting for them and that’s that.Β 

On 4/8/2023 at 2:10 PM, Wonderland said:

Why do you have that bland man leading Labour anyway?

Β 

You're telling me you can't find one woman with charisma? :rip:Β 

Well, they can, she’s their deputy leader. It’s just they fear her power too much to have her be the actual leader.Β :gaycat7:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.