UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ Election - Greens quadruple their seats!

Diarrhoea

Tories ran the country into the ground and now Rishi complains that people are depressed and taking time off work? you couldn't make this up. the sad thing is that millions of people will STILL vote for them despite Tories having open contempt for anyone working class.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Chemist

• Marla Singer

Looking forward to the Queen of London - Susan Hall becoming MayorΒ :jonnycat:

Β 

Β 

Kidding ofc

Β 

• Haha 1

Someone tell me who to vote for tomorrow! I have a last minute desire to exercise my civic rights but I have no idea what's going on :rip:

3 hours ago, KFC said:

Someone tell me who to vote for tomorrow! I have a last minute desire to exercise my civic rights but I have no idea what's going on :rip:

(Assuming you're in London) You have 3 different votes. One for the mayor, one for your local assembly member and one for a London wide assembly member.

Β 

London wide is essentially a proportionally representative vote, so vote for whoever you like (even if they're a tiny irrelevant party)!

Β 

Local assembly members are currently all either Tory or Labour so probably best to stick to one or the other.

Β 

The Mayoral vote used to be first and second preference, but now since the Tories changed the rules, we only get to vote for one person. Sadiq is most likely going to win. Susan Hall is the crazy Tory candidate who's a climate change denier and pro-Trump. I don't know much about the other candidates but the Green Party candidate seems ok.

29 minutes ago, glitch said:

(Assuming you're in London) You have 3 different votes. One for the mayor, one for your local assembly member and one for a London wide assembly member.

Β 

London wide is essentially a proportionally representative vote, so vote for whoever you like (even if they're a tiny irrelevant party)!

Β 

Local assembly members are currently all either Tory or Labour so probably best to stick to one or the other.

Β 

The Mayoral vote used to be first and second preference, but now since the Tories changed the rules, we only get to vote for one person. Sadiq is most likely going to win. Susan Hall is the crazy Tory candidate who's a climate change denier and pro-Trump. I don't know much about the other candidates but the Green Party candidate seems ok.

I lost my polling card :rip:Β probably better I don't waste a vote. I'll be more educated come the next election

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KFC said:

I lost my polling card :rip:Β probably better I don't waste a vote. I'll be more educated come the next election

You don't need one! You just need to go to the right polling station and bring ID.

• Like 1

Horizon Flame

Β 

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

T*ries got rinsed. Sunak desperately clinging onto that one Tees Valley victory because they literally lost everything else :deadbanana4:

Β 

their loss in York & North Yorkshire is the most pleasing to me

Ouch

Β 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Conservative MPs have the opportunity to do the funniest thing possible rn

• Like 1

If there is a general election would a Green Party vote be a wasted vote?

probably. they have a seat in brighton and there's i think one in bristol they might win? otherwise it's not likely to do much good

Β 

that said, if you already have a labour mp there's probably no need to vote for them again if you really don't feel like it (who does tbh)

Β 

camila video premiers at the same time, i feel like there must be a connection

Β 

Gen electies is coming omgggg

We will be voting greens. **** the tories and **** the red tories.

34dlDi5-Imgur.thumb.gif.d8c68220d13f7ff2

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KFC said:

If there is a general election would a Green Party vote be a wasted vote?

depends on where you live. afaik Greens are targeting Brighton and Bristol, everywhere else they have little chance of winning. if you live in a constituency that's safe for Labour I'd encourage to vote Green.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

We will be voting greens. **** the tories and **** the red tories.

the Labour transphobia was the last straw for me tbh. I'm supporting Greens as well

Β 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just about to be confirmed - but election willΒ finally be held on July 4.

Edited by C_Colstead

One things for sure and that's I definitely won't be voting the SNP againΒ 

CONFIRMED: General election on July 4.

Β 

About f*****g time!

Ugh I'll be in London just before and on election day, is it gonna be chaotic during that time?!

that was funny, he's p*ss soaked and about to get absolutely hammered, i hope it was as humiliating as it looked

• Like 1

#TORIESOUT. VOTE ANYONE ELSE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.