#BlackDontCrack

Devin

2 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Set one up for us! I'll join!

- -

Attention! Can we talk about how the pro-Black, Black activist, Black movement leader, Black poet, Black Civil Rights activist Maya Angelou was married three times, and they were all white men?

The way my jaw dropped when someone told me. 

@Wicked @Devin @worldwide angel @Armani? @Symmetra @Stellar1103 @Katamari @Insanity 

@Speezy @EarStyle @St. Francis @99sandthe2000s @Keith @GoodGuyGoneGhetto @Materialboy215 @dreampop @Not Like The Movies

This has been a talking-point amongst Maya Angelou for decades. 

:fan:

Do you want to know which other famous “pro-Black activists and cultural visionaries” had or have White partners?

• Angela Davis

• Alice Walker

• James Baldwin

• Ruth Ellis

• Eldridge Cleaver

+ many more.

Interracial dating and romantic relationships have always existed within our community and even moreso amongst those whom you wouldn’t expect.  

This is why I don’t buy into certain narratives and date who I please, regardless of race or ethnicity. 

:gaycat1:

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Thinking Of You

• Armani?

• Wicked

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This has been a talking-point amongst Maya Angelou for decades. 

:fan:

Do you want to know which other famous “pro-Black activists and cultural visionaries” had or have White partners?

• Angela Davis

• Alice Walker

• James Baldwin

• Ruth Ellis

• Eldridge Cleaver

+ many more.

Huh? :skull: Bye.

2 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Interracial dating and romantic relationships have always existed within our community and even moreso amongst those whom you wouldn’t expect.  

This is why I don’t buy into certain narratives and date who I please, regardless of race or ethnicity. 

:gaycat1:

nPgtzGp.gif

I never knew that 

that's interesting. 

3? I thought it was just 2 and a biracial man :deadbanana:

wbk she was down with the swirl tho

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

- -

Attention! Can we talk about how the pro-Black, Black activist, Black movement leader, Black poet, Black Civil Rights activist Maya Angelou was married three times, and they were all white men?

@Wicked @Devin @worldwide angel @Armani? @Symmetra @Stellar1103 @Katamari @Insanity 

@Speezy @EarStyle @St. Francis @99sandthe2000s @Keith @GoodGuyGoneGhetto @Materialboy215 @dreampop @Not Like The Movies

You late lmao :deadbanana: its more common than you think.

Thinking Of You
6 minutes ago, Devin said:

You late lmao :deadbanana: its more common than you think.

Oh I know it’s more common when it shouldn-

But out of all people? Maya Angelou? wth :rip:

2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

- -

nnnnnnnn i’m not that shocked because cis het black men can be very vile to black women but at the same time i knew nothing about her marital status :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

- -

Wasn’t MLK dipping into mayonnaise too ? 

57 minutes ago, Speezy said:

and was ( allegedly ) :fish2:

3 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

- -

Maya wasn't just for the Mayo. Maya was for EVERYBODY back in them days...so the rumors say.

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, Stellar1103 said:

Maya wasn't just for the Mayo. Maya was for EVERYBODY back in them days...so the rumors say.

Oop

Let it be known 

7 hours ago, Speezy said:

I don't believe anything the FBI says about any activist, as far as I'm concerned it's as real as a Disney movie.

I mean...you can be Pro Black and date interracial. I never got that take:rip:

Auntie Anita Baker coming to Detroit next month in a arena @Devin

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522ef0a5e8be61dac71

36 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Auntie Anita Baker coming to Detroit next month in a arena @Devin

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522ef0a5e8be61dac71

Ayeeeee I love Anita Baker. :duca:

12 hours ago, Speezy said:

:deadbanana:

Speaking of MLK … I hate how White America pushed Juneteenth to be a national holiday to benefit themselves. I was cool with just taking a PTO day every June 19th. 

14 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Oh I know it’s more common when it shouldn-

But out of all people? Maya Angelou? wth :rip:

RIGHT I was shook when I heard it a while back. 2 most common reasons why interracial (B+W) relationships happen of a certain status are:

1. The environment changes – most Blacks don’t make it to the top or need to fight to get there. So when niggas are on the come up. They surrounded by white folks so they eventually date white.

2. Self hate – I notice some (not all) Blacks disassociate themselves from they own community or sacrifice they identity/foundation cause they believe white maintains a good image and etc. Personally, I think it worse for gays vs straights in the Black community. Because being Black you already not accepted by white people, then to add the label of being a Black-queer, Black-trans, Black-gay etc. depending on where you live, you prob not gonna be accepted by your own community either which makes a lot of Black gays date outside they race.

Then there’s situation I peeped white-adjacent Black folks and Blacks who only date white people fetishize over their own (Black) people. But that’s a topic some aren’t ready to have. :coffee2:

Ultimately, I’m not against interracial (B+W) relationships. Its def not my preference. The only thing I hope for is those Black folks not disrespecting Black women or the culture they came from. 

Also you forgot to tag @Click Clack @blaggot @Bey_Rihstan they Black too. :dies:

Thinking Of You
2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Interracial is fine when it is another POC. You dating exclusively white people after dragging white people and their ways is ironic. 

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

1. The environment changes – most Blacks don’t make it to the top or need to fight to get there. So when niggas are on the come up. They surrounded by white folks so they eventually date white.

I completely understand what you are saying because this is most people’s mindset, but this is so lazy to me. It’s a convenience to them. That’s why they do it. I was raised “Huxtable Black”; upper-middle class, suburbs, college degree (which I just received), in predominantly white areas my entire life. It would be so easy and so cliché for me to date or marry someone white. But no because why would I do that when there are definitely Black people just like me with similar backgrounds, upbringings, or are very successful in life? You just have to look for them. That’s why LeBron son was dragged so hard. You’re trying to tell me there wasn’t no other black girl or POC he could’ve taken to prom? Sasha Obama, who has has been surrounded by white people her entire life, still was able to find a BROTHA who was very similar to her. That’s why that “They were only surrounded by white people” excuse gets me because no, you’re just lazy (and you’re probably a c**n)

18 minutes ago, Devin said:

Self hate – I notice some (not all) Blacks disassociate themselves from they own community or sacrifice they identity/foundation cause they believe white maintains a good image and etc. Personally, I think it worse with gays vs straights in the Black community. Because being Black you already not accepted by white people, then to add the label of being a Black-queer, Black-trans, Black-gay etc. depending on where you live, you prob not gonna be accepted by your own community either which makes a lot of Black gays date outside they race.

It baffles me the self hate issue is even still a thing. I get the Black homophobia thing, but the risk of you dating a white man, then being surrounded by the white gays that you know are probably racist, then going to meet his family and his Uncle and Mee-Maw calling you a ni- behind your back. That’s just too many risks :deadbanana2:

I’m not against the swirl but would have to vet him, his friends, and his family before getting into anything serious… which would be a task in itself and hardly any of #them are ever worth it :michael:

7 hours ago, Armani? said:

I think that's largely dependant on how you define 'Pro-Black'. 

Based off how I view 'Pro-Black', you can't not date a Black person but call yourself that. 

Your wealth, resources, land, stuff, etc,. is all being in cahoots with them.

I think you can be an advocate for Black people, but Pro-Black to me is an all around life declaration for Black people, doesn't make sense to date outside of that in my opinion. And also just like, thinking of all them folks that were swirling a LOT of them were that animal that has black rings around the eyes. James Baldwin was notoriously called out by Marlon Riggs :deadbanana2: And to that one of my favorite quotes by Marlon: "Black men loving Black men is a revolutionary act", I apply the same to BM/BW or BW/BW, Black enbys etc,. 

How are you "Pro-Black" but everything you have is gonna go to a non Black person when you pass away? How are you 'Pro-Black' but the only people allowed in your sheets are non Blacks lol. I'm not arguing or even anti-swirl/IR dating but this is all based off how I think of the term 'Pro-Black'.  Malcolm X and Huey Newton both discussed this too in their writings and/or speeches. It was apart of their politic. 

Me personally I have no desire to "date" (I don't really "date" in the normative sense bc I'm Aromantic. And recently thinking I'm kind of on the asexual spectrum; but I have a platonic relationship that's more than a friendship atm) out of my race. For starters it's too much work when you're hyperaware of how other people think of you or hyperaware of the depths of Antiblackness, and second.. I just kinda don't want to. I also don't call myself Pro-Black either. 

I know this ain't a popular take but I'm j/s. People can do whatever they want at the end of the day, and it doesn't make them a c-o-you-know-what if they date IR. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, Armani? said:

Hmm skeptical3.png

On 6/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, Thinking Of You said:

Interracial is fine when it is another POC. You dating exclusively white people after dragging white people and their ways is ironic. 

I completely understand what you are saying because this is most people’s mindset, but this is so lazy to me. It’s a convenience to them. That’s why they do it. I was raised “Huxtable Black”; upper-middle class, suburbs, college degree (which I just received), in predominantly white areas my entire life. It would be so easy and so cliché for me to date or marry someone white. But no because why would I do that when there are definitely Black people just like me with similar backgrounds, upbringings, or are very successful in life? You just have to look for them. That’s why LeBron son was dragged so hard. You’re trying to tell me there wasn’t no other black girl or POC he could’ve taken to prom? Sasha Obama, who has has been surrounded by white people her entire life, still was able to find a BROTHA who was very similar to her. That’s why that “They were only surrounded by white people” excuse gets me because no, you’re just lazy (and you’re probably a c**n)

It baffles me the self hate issue is even still a thing. I get the Black homophobia thing, but the risk of you dating a white man, then being surrounded by the white gays that you know are probably racist, then going to meet his family and his Uncle and Mee-Maw calling you a ni- behind your back. That’s just too many risks :deadbanana2:

Yeah, it definitely seems like an excuse. It's sort of similar to the "I was a nerd and Black girls weren't into me, that's why I pawg" narratives some Black men like to push as if there aren't Black female nerds around too.

Not quite comparable, but even most yt people or even Asians living in majority Black countries date and marry each other. 

As for Maya Angelou, could her traumatic childhood (sexual assault) and/or failed relationship with Vusumzi Make have been her reason to divest? 

Thinking Of You

@Wicked :clap3: Points were made 

2 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Yeah, it definitely seems like an excuse. It's sort of similar to the "I was a nerd and Black girls weren't into me, that's why I pawg" narratives some Black men like to push as if there aren't Black female nerds around too.

This part. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, Wicked said:

I think that's largely dependant on how you define 'Pro-Black'. 

This. Its weird to be Pro-Black and date white.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.