The Apple Thread

Sergi91

New phone arrived a little bit ago :party:

Had a brief issue during setup with it not wanting to transfer my number, but it eventually did :rip: 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

7 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

New phone arrived a little bit ago :party:

Had a brief issue during setup with it not wanting to transfer my number, but it eventually did :rip: 

same - launch day server overwhelm I guess

I had the same with iMessage activating, receiving but not sending... fixed itself after a couple hours and restarts

Coming from a 13 mini I just got my 15 Pro today - was really sad to leave the Mini but alas I don't see it coming back anytime soon. TBH this size is perfect for me, it's not that much bigger with the further decrease of bezel, thinner frame, and lightness

Natural titanium is beauuuutiful

Having fun with a lot of features that are new to me - Dynamic island is a lot of fun to experience - seeing album art up there is especially cute. Always on display also cool.  

Action button is... underwhelming. I wish you could have options, eg. single vs double vs hold. As of of now I need to leave it on ringer and it's functionally worse than the switch for that, blah. Maybe it'll get updates. 

1 hour ago, LCTV said:

Just transferred the esim over :jonny: the blue looks amazing.

I got blue too. I love it but I kinda want Natural after seeing it in person. Oh well mine has a case on anway.

Got my phone setup. Some 2FA stuff was annoying but not too bad overall. Got my Airpods 2 Pro with USB C to go with it. REST IN PISS LIGHTNING. :jonny4: Excited to upgrade from my 5 year old airpods 2.

I've been having issues when transferring from one phone to another. Had to create a computer back up. That always works for me.

These drop tests I’m seeing…lord :shakeno: 

definitely get yourself a case because these won’t even survive a waist height drop

People are complaining about the overheating… not a good sign.

Maybe I should stay with my 11 pro (83% battery life).

On 9/23/2023 at 10:15 PM, Dula Peep said:

These drop tests I’m seeing…lord :shakeno: 

definitely get yourself a case because these won’t even survive a waist height drop

9 hours ago, Anye said:

People are complaining about the overheating… not a good sign.

Maybe I should stay with my 11 pro (83% battery life).

I guess I’ll stay with my 13 Pro Max :dancehall:

I have a 14 Pro Max and love it. While I don't and didn't plan on upgrading to the 15, the reports of the drop tests and over dramatics happen every generation now I see on release. The desperation to bring Apple down is so high. The Fine Woven cases do seem like trash I will hand people that. But you were always stupid imo if you pay 40-60 dollars for an Apple case when you get the same thing online for much cheaper if not better :skull:

But people see one or a few bad drop tests of a very small sample size and clickbait headlines with a few cases of over heating and think the entire phone generation is trash and Apple is done for. Yet ignore the millions who love them and have 0 issues. Until this becomes a widely reported upon issue people need to relax. Like every generation on release now there comes tons of news articles on how this is the worst iPhone or Apple product just to get idiots to click

• ATRL Moderator

The software updates are so mediocre. Sonoma is kinda cute, though? I like the screensavers, docked websites, and widgets.

5 hours ago, Shelter said:

Should I get the 15 or the pro? Someone help. 

Pro is not much more $ wise and has a better camera.

Happy with my 14 Pro Max at the moment, but I am waiting for Apple to announce their new iPad line. 

Edited by Mellark

5 hours ago, LCTV said:

Pro is not much more $ wise and has a better camera.

Do you think the 15 are worth it. I was so excited to upgrade but all I see is negative this year 

6 hours ago, Shelter said:

Do you think the 15 are worth it. I was so excited to upgrade but all I see is negative this year 

it really depends on what you are upgrading from. If you have the 14 pro max you probably really don't need the upgrade......

15 hours ago, Bloo said:

The software updates are so mediocre. Sonoma is kinda cute, though? I like the screensavers, docked websites, and widgets.

I am loving it. The screensavers are really good and I am loving the widgets. Like nothing crazy but I find it very aesthetically nice/has good use and seems to work great

1 hour ago, Queen. said:

it really depends on what you are upgrading from. If you have the 14 pro max you probably really don't need the upgrade......

11 pro 

9 hours ago, Shelter said:

It's usually #cliquebait and TikTokers/Youtubers desperate for impressions, it happens every year. :rip: 

I love my 15 Pro Max. 

Edited by Starshine
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shelter said:

11 pro 

oh girl you indeed need an upgrade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

11 pro 

My mom uses my old 11 Pro Max and is working fine. :michael: It really be up to you. 

8 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

My mom uses my old 11 Pro Max and is working fine. :michael: It really be up to you. 

I be on mine a lot and the battery isn’t great anymore

5 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I be on mine a lot and the battery isn’t great anymore

Then go get yourself the new IPhone 15! :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.