Hocus Pocus 2 | NOW ON D+

Bencharmer

Ok so I watched it again but this time by myself (and sober lol) and I still love it! The only thing I didn't care for was the song choice but the fact that they tied in the same chant from the first movie made it enjoyable. The ending was beautifully done and Book shedding a tear was kinda heavy!

I think that if there's gonna be a third one (there likely will be) then they're gonna use it to do the whole " revenge on Max, Allyson and Dani" plot that alot of viewers seem to be asking for while of course linking it somehow to the new characters since they now have Book.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• shark_heather

• Bencharmer

• Shelter

I thought it was a very cute and fun sequel. Not a masterpiece but a very enjoyable watch. :clap3:

And it looks like we may or may not get a third movie :duca:

I liked it, I think the sequel did a great job continuing the story and the original cast reprising their roles was absolutely iconic. I hoped they also found a way to get the original cast back, and I mean getting Max, Dani and Allison back as well, I think it would've been great if they would've helped the the newest cast.

The only discrepancy with the original story I found was Gilbert's story because, had him seen the witches, it would've mean that he scared the sisters' spell and we know that couldn't have been possible since all the children of the town were heading towards the cabin.

Other than that, solid effort and the OG cast truly did a terrific work reprising their roles and considering that it's been almost 30 years since the original movie came out, the art and makeup department did a fantastic job, they all looked so young!

Whoever did Sarah’s eyebrows needs to be shot. 

:skull: 

Do we think its successful? 

Sarah missed the mark so badly; she really wasn't kidding when she said she didn't remember this movie at all :bibliahh:

God, I have to say . . . Hocus Pocus is the movie of my life; it is my absolute favorite that I watch all the time. I knew I wouldn't LOVE HP2 and that it would never hold any candle to the original. So, with that in mind, this served as expectedly 'fine' as possible. The biggest redeeming factors for me were: (a) the song, which (again they were never gonna out-do the first movie's but despite that) was absolutely fantastically done, A BOP :clap3: - & - (b) their chemistry, which wasn't quite like it was in the OG but they had so much fun doing this that I couldn't NOT like it.

there were parts that were cringey, and as others have said this was suuuuuuper Disney Channel-ified, whereas the OG was so distinctive, had its own character and cheese but in a different way. So I wish they'd kept a darker tone like the first had vs. making this one suuuuper hokey and silly.

that all said, it was so enjoyable and while I won't watch it as often as HP, it'll def become a staple every year and I am so glad it exists :weeps:

4 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Do we think its successful? 

Yes and no.  I think it's probably breaking record streaming numbers for Disney+, but the reviews are overall terrible. :coffee2:

2 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Yes and no.  I think it's probably breaking record streaming numbers for Disney+, but the reviews are overall terrible. :coffee2:

"Terrible"

Screen-Shot-2022-10-03-at-17-56-48.png

Obviously, the original is so much better!!!

The sisters were the only redeeming part of HP2, did not care for the high schoolers one bit.

Bette Midler/Kathy Najimi were awesome, lol.

Froy Gutierez was only hired for his good looking appearance :cupid: What a terrible actor...

22 hours ago, Rihlord said:

Whoever did Sarah’s eyebrows needs to be shot. 

:skull: 

The most distracting part of the movie. The dark eyebrow/heavy eye makeup combo was NOT it. Also I feel like she shoulda played the character as more of an airhead. 

Bette was the best part of this sequel, hands down.

The teenagers were dreadful.

10 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Terrible? Overall? Where? :confused:

I liked it, but it felt very Disney Channel Original Movie-esque. I was expecting the mayor to be the new villain tbh. 

I wonder how a third would work out if they basically made Winnie good in the end?

20 hours ago, Attitude said:

I liked it, but it felt very Disney Channel Original Movie-esque. I was expecting the mayor to be the new villain tbh. 

I wonder how a third would work out if they basically made Winnie good in the end?

The most solid theory would be Mother Witch as main villain, trying to corrupt the 3 new witches who owns book.

Maybe they will try to bring the sister back for helping them? 

I realised they were many elements of the first movie that could be developped in that third movie I can see more flashback already of the sisters with Mother Witch, cooking her scorpio pie, dealing with Satan... Then and NOW!!!

Hope they will find a way to include Max, Allison and Dani, even thought, at this point, there would be enough of characters...

I loved it. This is a KIDS movie. People overanalyzing every technical detail are doing the most. :deadbanana2:

On 10/3/2022 at 6:42 AM, ahauntingnearu said:

Sarah missed the mark so badly; she really wasn't kidding when she said she didn't remember this movie at all :bibliahh:

God, I have to say . . . Hocus Pocus is the movie of my life; it is my absolute favorite that I watch all the time. I knew I wouldn't LOVE HP2 and that it would never hold any candle to the original. So, with that in mind, this served as expectedly 'fine' as possible. The biggest redeeming factors for me were: (a) the song, which (again they were never gonna out-do the first movie's but despite that) was absolutely fantastically done, A BOP :clap3: - & - (b) their chemistry, which wasn't quite like it was in the OG but they had so much fun doing this that I couldn't NOT like it.

there were parts that were cringey, and as others have said this was suuuuuuper Disney Channel-ified, whereas the OG was so distinctive, had its own character and cheese but in a different way. So I wish they'd kept a darker tone like the first had vs. making this one suuuuper hokey and silly.

that all said, it was so enjoyable and while I won't watch it as often as HP, it'll def become a staple every year and I am so glad it exists :weeps:

Hocus Pocus was a commercial and critical FLOP when it opened.  Nobody even cared about that movie. It was sent to video and thats where it made all of its money.  :dies:  People just attach it to their childhoods and try to make it better than it was. :laugh:

1 hour ago, FightForTanas said:

Hocus Pocus was a commercial and critical FLOP when it opened.  Nobody even cared about that movie. It was sent to video and thats where it made all of its money.  :dies:  People just attach it to their childhoods and try to make it better than it was. :laugh:

Idk what point you think you're proving ddd

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Idk what point you think you're proving ddd

That the movie wasnt as great as you think? ddd

5 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

That the movie wasnt as great as you think? ddd

What a stupid argument. Do you know what a cult classic is? Everything is subjective :skull:

32 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

What a stupid argument. Do you know what a cult classic is? Everything is subjective :skull:

Whats stupid is you holding Hocus Pocus to some impossibly high standard that nothing could live up to. :skull: Of course you would be disappointed when you have insane expectations. :toofunny3:

Edited by FightForTanas

8 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

Whats stupid is you holding Hocus Pocus to some impossibly high standard that nothing could live up to. :skull: Of course you would be disappointed when you have insane expectations. :toofunny3:

On 10/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, ahauntingnearu said:

No, my dear - what's stupid is you being incapable of comprehending a 1-minute passage of text. Reading is fun!

God bless

Thora Birch said there were 3 options to include Dani in that movie.

I believe that was something like...

Option 1 : Dani has the owner of the magic shop.

I noticed there are some light plot holes in the story of Gilbert. Why would he bring back 3 evil witches when he know they just care for themselves ? :deadbanana4: 

The all "their are my faves" feels a bit weird for someone who claim to study magick. But well why not...

Plus he was supposed to be hypnotized just as the other kids in 1993.

As the owner of the shop, Dani, who always been into witches, could have become one and keep the book safe from someone trying to bring them back for a serious reason (their Mother?) 

Option 2 : Dani as the Mayor.

Many people noticed the Mayor felt lame and the sisters quickly forgot about him. If you switch the all scenario, including Dani as Salem Mayor, you get a story that would flow quite similar.

Even with the idea of the sisters taking Dani's child.

Option 3 : Just as a cameo.

Edited by Bencharmer

It was good

I enjoyed it as much as the 1st one

:-*

When Winnie said SISTEEERSSSSS 

:WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.