Hocus Pocus 2 | NOW ON D+

Bencharmer

Twink Icon and Richard Madden’s roommate Froy Gutierrez is in it. Extra eye candy 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• shark_heather

• Bencharmer

• Shelter

Better than what i expected.

The main actresses delievered amazing acting and singing performances (even SJP who felt totally disconnected from Sarah prior that)

The atmosphere was respectful to the original movie.

The movie succeeds not rely on nostalgia, brings plenty of new elements and a different direction.

The main teens felt a bit basic thought.

The end makes no impressio, not epic at all... But the cliffhanger is exciting.

I'm so ready to watch this on Sunday!!! My childhood is about to become re-imagined!!

Yes, I really enjoyed this :jonny5:

While the first one is a classic, the sequel is good too :alexz2:

I love the new movie it really didn’t disappoint. I am happy that the new film left an opening for another sequel after this just in case. However they ended the film ina way it could also be the final one. The wait was worth it. 

Wow 

It did not disappoint 

The Beginning with the young Sanderson was AMAZING , super funny and smart 

Then the plot was good , the Ladies delivered to the maximum 

I would say some dialogs could have been much better ,especially with the new characters ( the Mayor character was a total disaster ) and the ending could have been a bit better but overall was beyond my expectations 

Not as good as the original. 

Nope not as good, but not a complete dud either. They are still great together. I would’ve made some changes to some bits. Also the house being where it is, made no sense. 

There will definitely be a 3rd now. I think this will probably be one of Disney’s biggest draws, so hopefully they treat it like that. Normally it’s only Marvel and Star Wars, but this will pull people in. 

It was cute. I know it is a Disney plus special but the writing was giving Disney XD original movie :rip:  

Nnnn. It was cute but not enough for a yearly rewatch. The leads were boring, the acting was cringe, the writing, the extra musical numbers, it was all a bit too much and the atmosphere was nowhere near the original. I can see my little cousins enjoying it though. 2.5/5

Overall the movie was decent.  The original cast was great at reprising their roles and bringing back the essence of their characters. :clap3:

However the new cast (high schoolers, shop owner, and mayor) were not it and overall annoying.  I think with a different cast (minus the originals) this could've been a much better sequel. :mandown:

Some of the best moments were:

• The childhood backstory of the Sanderson Sisters and how they came to be.
  • The trip to Walgreens.
  • Mary riding the Roombas and Sarah on the Swiffer WetJet
  • Billy coming back, although I feel like his character wasn't utilized as well.
  • The small and subtle scenes of LGBTQ+ inclusion.  First, the drag queens dressed as the sisters in the costume contest.  Followed by the gay couple cuddled up on their couch watching the original movie when Sarah peeked in the window.  I applaud Disney for still including these scenes, especially since they will probably take heat from parents over it.
Edited by BeenTheShit
typo

Ok, so it's not as good as the original. I think we can all agree on the sequel having the impossible task of being as good as the OG. It was still enjoyable to watch though. I think how they chose to bring the Sanderson witches back made sense and the clever twist of connecting it to the end of the first movie was appreciated.

I think the biggest criticism that I have is the protagonists were not as compelling as the OG protagonists (Max, Dani, and Allison). I really wish they came back instead of having the teen girls as the protagonists for this movie. Becca was cool, but they should've given her a better background as to how she is a witch. It was a little confusing and she ended up being Mary Sue character. My other complaint is that the mayor should've been insidious instead of being comedic. It would've raised the stakes for the sisters and maybe actually make us root for them. 

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. Could've been better. Missed opportunities, but still a decent sequel. 

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

There will definitely be a 3rd now. I think this will probably be one of Disney’s biggest draws, so hopefully they treat it like that. Normally it’s only Marvel and Star Wars, but this will pull people in. 

I guess I could see them making a Hocus Pocus attraction at their theme parks? But I don't know if a third one could be done without the Sanderson sisters. It would be weird. 

18 hours ago, Triton said:

Twink Icon and Richard Madden’s roommate Froy Gutierrez is in it. Extra eye candy 

I wish he was shirtless in the movie :monkey:

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:

It was cute. I know it is a Disney plus special but the writing was giving Disney XD original movie :rip:  

This, it felt like a throwaway Disney Chanel film on a Sunday night.

They could have used more budget because some special effects felt cheap.

I thought it was cute. I cackled at some parts lol

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Becca was cool, but they should've given her a better background as to how she is a witch. It was a little confusing and she ended up being Mary Sue character. My other complaint is that the mayor should've been insidious instead of being comedic. It would've raised the stakes for the sisters and maybe actually make us root for them. 

THIS 

The only problem with the movie was the new characters 

Becka was cool and likable but with no back story.  The other teens were really bad ( except The shop owner )

But the worst of all was the mayor . He wasn't even funny , he was an idiot 

I wouldn’t get my hopes up about a 3rd one. I feel like they’ll do a D+ show about the 3 high school girls 

12 hours ago, shark_heather said:

I would say some dialogs could have been much better ,especially with the new characters

I think the treatment of the 3 news girls got a bit rushed.

Mayor's daughter entered the chat room just like that ...

But well the sisters definitely had more screentime than in HP1 so... It was hard to satisfy every aspect anyway.

But if they want to expand he franchise i guess it will be fixed.

Edited by Bencharmer

Looooved it tbh. 
I was very nervous and skeptical going in but I was absolutely satisfied with it and the writing was actually good. 
a witch is nothing without her coven and with Winifred joining Mary and Sarah was great. 

When i see how the all Mayor plot is going messy...

I wonder if Thora Birch wasn't supposed to played be the mayor of Salem and Cassie would have been her daughter? :ninja:

Edited by Bencharmer

7 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I guess I could see them making a Hocus Pocus attraction at their theme parks? But I don't know if a third one could be done without the Sanderson sisters. It would be weird. 

Yeah I don’t know why they don’t have the house at their attraction parks. 

It wouldn’t be Hocus Pocus without the Sanderson Sisters. 

Spoiler

Why do you think they won’t be back? Did you not see the end credits scene

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.