Sex Education | Final season airing to mixed reviews

FrederickSpears

Just finished and I can agree that this is definitely the weakest season. But it still was pretty enjoyable imo!

Ruby and Aimee carried so hard, I loved their characters the most

some of my thoughts with spoilers:

Spoiler

1. Maybe a hot take but Otis fumbled so hard with Ruby :rip:They look much better together, much better than Otis x Maeve

2. Adam's storyline was such a BORE :redface: His new job is cool but the whole thing about his parents and stuff made me want to yawn

3. That new popular trio is very annoying. After first 2 episodes I thought they'd grow on me, but no, quite the opposite

4. I'm really happy Aimee got a happy ending she deserves everything :jonny5: 

5. Eric's entire church storyline and him *meeting* God was just... confusing to me

6. I also HATED how they tried to make Cal and Jackson happen when they are soooooo uninteresting to watch... Viv can stay though!

7. Even a hotter take but Maeve was very annoying this season except for the funeral episode. I wish she had just stayed in America and never came back 

Conclusion: Ruby is THAT girl and we needed more of her! I hated that such character's entire arc revolved around Otis when they could've done something more interesting

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Lovett

• Uncatena

• blackoutbritney

I don’t think I have ever seen a TV show before where the ending is so anticlimactic and leave every character with their stories open :rip: 

I liked the season as a stand-alone one, but it does not cut it for a finale.

I do get the finale they gave it. I don't think it was planned as a final season but Ncuti landing the role as Doctor Who probably shift things. Emma also expressed interest in leaving the show since S1. I think it was the best.

For me it worked as a finale. Maybe we'll see a special / new season of it in a few years

This season was a bit all over the place but it had its great moments and still very enjoyable to watch, I agree episode 6 was truly the best of the season @The Witch

I would say overall the finale was fine, not amazing, but decent, I don't think the show would have much more to say anyway, it ended at the right time.

Gillian Anderson keep comfirm herself as one of the best British acresses ever, despite how bad they wrote her character this season she still managed to deliver an amazing performance as usual, legend.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Gillian Anderson keep comfirm herself as one of the best British acresses ever

she's American :deadbanana2: but yes!

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

she's American :deadbanana2: but yes!

You're right but she's also naturalized British, she grew up in Uk-London, I consider her in my mind British since she has participated in more British productions especially lately.

Just now, Leptine said:

You're right but she's also naturalized British, she grew up in Uk-London, I consider her in my mind British since she has participated in more British productions especially lately.

right, I see. I only know she herself has lived in the UK since 2002 but she did spend a lot of her youth in England. Bri'ish queen!

Just finished episode 1 and I really can’t stand the new school.

While this season is the weakest of the series, it's still enjoyable because of great characters/actors.

I do feel that the new characters were mostly unnecessary, though they did provide a good kii from time to time. Eric's storyline is the one I cared for the least, Otis was also kinda irrelevant ngl.

Ruby carried this season, I loved her so much :heart:

not the Elitefication.. girl, those random ass characters that do not contribute anything to the storyline and are there just for the sake of being there :redface: 

I can't tell if the school and that Coven clique is supposed to be serious or satirical, it feels like the latter 

Episode 5 in and Otis is trash.

Ruby lowkey had the best story arc, like, she queened a bit  

usAiJLj.thumb.gif.9adc82058e3d9b7b6776019b5943d872.gif

• Like 1

What the **** happened? Did the writers go on strike?? Cause duhh, the quality took a DIVE

The past 3 seasons were so fvnny and this is just boring in comparison

Best thing about this Season?? Adam's arc and maybe Jo&Jean.. other than that, evrything was a heavy downgrade and it's just so unfvnny whatevz

hmmm overall this season didn't do it for me. 

- Adam's storyline was ok, not great, but ok. he didn't really interact with the other kids so it felt a bit out of place... like he had his own little spinoff show, which was weird.

- Otis was kind of hollow and only served as a vehicle for other characters

- the actress who plays O did a bad job :rip: I think we were supposed to like her by the end but she had no charisma

- Ruby ate this season, possibly the best character and storyline

- Maeve's story line in America was really good, and the funeral episode was the best episode of the entire season

- Jackson's storyline was so boring and unnecessary. they should've cut his character and focus more on Viv, who had a good storyline but it felt rushed

- Cal's storyline was good and I liked the points they made with it, but it was a bit strange... so Cal finally got to a queer school where everyone was accepting and THAT'S when they became suicidal? 

- the new characters from the college felt extremely flat and one-dimensional. i blame the lack of screen-time, they simply didn't get enough time to really flash out their characters and instead we got these cheap parodies of 'woke students'.  

- Jean and Jo's sibling dynamic was one of the better things this season

- finally, Eric... mixed feelings. his visions of God made me roll my eyes. i wish people would stop trying to rebrand religion as progressive and accepting. yes, some churches are welcoming, but most are not and it's actually ok to walk away and find your community elsewhere. but good for him i guess. 

also that person who said Maeve is 'the most selfish person'. we're talking about a teenager from a trailer park who took an internship abroad to better herself and pursue her dreams :rip: idk what's so bad about that, was she supposed to throw her education away for her high school boyfriend?? or her addict brother? (granted that her brother needs help, but his situation is a) not Maeve's fault and b) not Maeve's responsibility, she's a CHILD who took care of her younger sibling for years. she's earned her success.

• Thanks 2

Welp that was something.

The funeral episode was IT. Amazing in everything. I wish the season would've been like that. 

Aimee a queen for ever and always :clap3:

Ruby deserved a better storyline than being Otis' campaign manager :skull:

Maeve also deserved a better story line

the others they tried to do something but that was MEH at best

A really dull final season for such an amazing show

:cries:

There's some drama revolving around O and the writer. Apparently Netflix did not portray her as the writer intended :skull:

3 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

There's some drama revolving around O and the writer. Apparently Netflix did not portray her as the writer intended :skull:

spill?? Link sis?

1 minute ago, May said:

spill?? Link sis?

it's towards the end 

The final season has a somber tone compared to the others, but I appreciate the more mature approach and think the only thing missing was a bit more of a celebratory, final send off. It did feel a little abrupt at the end. But I fell in love with these characters and their stories and it's bittersweet to see it end, but definitely one of my favorite shows ever!

I found myself most interested in the storylines of Aimee, Ruby, Maeve, Cal, Jean, Jo and Viv. 

Edited by kishi

this final season was a mess in an otherwise brilliant show. Erik's religious storyline was total bs but tbf his story fell down when they decided he was not gonna end up with Adam, who also had a terrible storyline this season. Luckily his family arc was well done and enjoyable. Other characters' stories were okay, but thankfully Maive and Aimee carried the show and got a beautiful end to their storyline. Maive's mum parts made bawl my eyes out :monkey:

Just now, CBC said:

this final season was a mess in an otherwise brilliant show. Erik's religious storyline was total bs but tbf his story fell down when they decided he was not gonna end up with Adam, who also had a terrible storyline this season. Luckily his family arc was well done and enjoyable. Other characters' stories were okay, but thankfully Maive and Aimee carried the show and got a beautiful end to their storyline. Maive's mum parts made bawl my eyes out :monkey:

Also the whole season felt like a parody of the previous ones. The lgbt components of the show that stood out for being well incorporated into the main plot, somewhat realist and relatable to their target audience were turned into a seasonalized fantasy...

• 3 months later...

Awful. Boring. Disappointing last season. No wonder Emma wanted out 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.