• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Lovett

• Uncatena

• blackoutbritney

I’m not loving this season as much as others :( there are so many characters now at this point it’s hard to care ab every storyline. Also feeling like the overall vibes so far has been very melancholic 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 3:35 AM, The Witch said:

The wokeness in s4 feels so 2018...

It's honestly ridicolous and not realistic at all, especially how they portrayed the new school, also the Gillian Anderson storyline is not credible at all, the actress is still serving amazing performance but they make it looks like it's a younger woman that never had a child before, a supposed successful therapist like her character who had already a child is not realistic that is not organized with somebody hired that can help her with the newborn.

Despite these things, the show is still very enjoyable I am 4 episodes in, the show is finishing at the right time tho.

• Thanks 1

Watched episode 4 last night and so far, for some reason, it's been a corny fest :deadbanana:

Like, it's still entertaining because the characters we love are there, and the show is quite open about certain topics.

BUT, what the **** did they do this season to make it this corny? ddd

25 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It's honestly ridicolous and not realistic at all, especially how they portrayed the new school, also the Gillian Anderson storyline is not credible at all, the actress is still serving amazing performance but they make it looks like it's a younger woman that never had a child before, a supposed successful therapist like her character who had already a child is not realistic that is not organized with somebody hired that can help her with the newborn.

Despite these things, the show is still very enjoyable I am 4 episodes in, the show is finishing at the right time tho.

The fact she didn't want to take any medicines despite being a therapyst herself was so, so off to me :lmao:

Anyway, I hope this ends on a cute note and in that case I might come back and watch it in the future, because the first seasons are so good :heart:

• Like 1

The whole church storyline is so dragged out and corny to me as well idk. Im so confused by their new "college." Is there any school thats not a performing arts school that is actually like this? It all seems a bit much to me I don't know. I love having diverse characters of different backgrounds when it feels natural and important to the plot but these characters seem like such parodies who often rely on their diverse identifiers as their narrative crutch rather than let that be just a part of the foundation of their character.  

Just finished and wow what an absolute train wreck of a final season. 

On 9/26/2023 at 5:36 PM, Outlaws said:

The fact she didn't want to take any medicines despite being a therapyst herself was so, so off to me :lmao:

I saw it as a comment on how even someone as educated as her will sometimes refuse the help they need, but it wasn't in character at all

the season had some strong moments overall, the funeral episode was fantastic, and some of the side plots were great, especially Aimee's, Jackson's and Adam's, but there was a LOT of mess, especially compared to the earlier seasons. Eric felt like a caricature and his storyline did nothing for me, as well as the forced drift between him and Otis. Maeve was obviously the most interesting character and got the best send off. Jean's sister was almost interesting, especially her past, but that wasn't developed enough so she just felt like someone written in so Jean had someone to bounce off of. None of the new characters were all that interesting, but the potential was there. Which made it more frustrating. 

Cal's story line was the most important and well written to me. Showing a non-binary character go through gender dysphoria and how that manifests when there is so much misunderstanding about gender non-conforming people is so important. I love that they had light moments as well, like their little flirt with Aisha. 

Otis and O's story was boring, annoying, drawn out, and did absolutely nothing for the season and it took up the most time. Extremely frustrating. Ruby was wasted by literally only being important when Otis needed her. 

also, Roman is a cutie! :jonny2:

Finished the last/fourth season, and I liked it better at the end when they started focusing more on the main characters. The new characters were so overwhelming and useless considering it was the last season. 

Season 4 is such a stain on an otherwise great show. Sad but glad we got an official ending... I guess.

I'm 6 episodes in already and I have to say that Otis vs O storyline is so uneventful :rip:

They're trying so hard to make it look like competition or something but the whole situation is just laughable at best

Spoiler

Although I'm glad Ruby clocked her аss on the radio show :jonny5: I hope this wraps up this entire competition arc

Having such ass as the conclusion to such a great show is sad. Truly an embodiment of that horse drawing meme.

Also, that school seems like hell.

Im midway through the final episode and this season has been a complete disaster .. im so sad i loved this show

i actually love a couple of the new characters  but the rest of it is just SOOO bad .. i cant believe how much it fell off.. it went from something cool and fun to watch to being something actively cringeworthy

Officially finished

yep, that season ruined the show for me

3 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Watched the funeral episode and it was so, so cute :chick3: I gotta accept.

loved the cameo's of the old teachers :chick3: and I feel so bad for Maeve's brother, the contrast of her being able to move on because she has supportive friends and him being caught in the cycle of substance abuse... so sad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

loved the cameo's of the old teachers :chick3: and I feel so bad for Maeve's brother, the contrast of her being able to move on because she has supportive friends and him being caught in the cycle of substance abuse... so sad

Everything about it, the messiness of the 'event', then the beautiful music scene, everyone looking at each other, idk it was so wholesome. But yeah, it was also super deep and hard. 

(it also had some stupid things and situations with people getting mad over nothing, it's so annoying :skull:)

• Like 2

The first 3 seasons were so good, this was just ok for me. I don’t get why they needed all those characters and how woke it has become, it’s very forced. That school is not realistic, it was an actual disaster. The last ep was a mess and didn’t really feel like an ending until the last few min. 

Episode 6 was the only GOOD episode. Eric was the best on s1 & s2 and they ruined him making a basic stereotipical gay. Joanna was the only new character that served :clap3:

Otis and Maeve: ZzZzz

We need a Ruby going to collage spin-off :giraffe:

@Leptine

Edited by The Witch

16 minutes ago, The Witch said:

We need a Ruby going to collage spin-off :giraffe:

Yes, we do. 

• Like 2

Makes absolutely no sense to get rid of older characters to introduce new ones who are uninteresting and dull. I wonder what was the real reason. Maybe the old actors asked for too much money or something. It seems fishy and weird. 

• Like 1

reading replies to this thread, and, though i agree this season is the weakest of the 4, i think we are being overtly harsh.

i think this season did its job well. the whole point of sex education is growth, maturity and change. people are complaining about new storylines, characters & development, but so much good content and interesting & pertinent problems are being discussed through new & interesting characters. these storylines (personally) kept me engaged and made me think about things i hadn’t before, not to mention made me feel things (which doesn’t happen all too often).

i loved the ending. i think the otis/maeve storyline is so beautifully crafted from start to finish. i love the send offs for each character that we got.

it wasn’t perfect. it wasn’t without flaws or cringe moments. but love never is! and that is the point.

that’s just my humble opinion 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.