The Other Two: Season 3 | HBO Max May 4

Lee!!

I keep forgetting to comment on episodes after I watch but yeah, ep 5 was HARD. She's too dumb. On the other hand, happy for Pat.

6 was a case study in toxic, fake gay man behavior and all without Cary being a fermenting about it. He's just a trash person.

Brooke, sweetie. :toofunny2:

The billionaires literally serving realistic. Sad.

It started extremely strong but the past 2 episodes have not been serving that much, I agree.

katyperry.gif

3x7 - comeuppance. Cary might just be the devil, idk. 

Pat earned that breakdown, I wouldn't talk to my family or Simu ever again. 

Brook and this hairbrained idea of doing good is a mess. Go and apologize to that FINE ass man and stop being such a pain. 

Chase, idk what to even say. I want the best for the kid but he honestly can do nothing, lol. Like idek. He's kinda directionless, so an actual adult gen-zer I guess.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, Dula Peep said:

Something feels off about this season

It went from reality to weird unrealistic storylines. 

It will be canceled I’m afraid. It had so much potential to be a heartfelt show.

• 2 weeks later...

The Other Two  3x8 

A scarily accurate depiction of the extraordinary pettiness of an ex-repressed gay man who's also a loser. I can relate to wanting to stunt on hos BUT I can't relate to caring as I am now. I don't even remember the faces of people I work with much less the kids I went to school with; who I wasn't friends with anyway.

From the pissiness to the minimizing the lives of others, homophobia truly does make us bitter and evil if we aren't careful.

Is liking ben platt a white people thing? Because I feel nothing for that guy. I'd ship his ass overboard in favor of 100mil EASY.

The nerve of chase to give unwell people his album when they're possibly close to comitting suicide is SICK. The point is to save lives, not endanger them.

Where were the people that said the writing was suffering? This is masterclass comedic depiction of an empty man of gay persuasion. We had the buildup, the pinnacle and now the wind down.

I held up pretty well until the mental health language police woman got hit by that car and called the driver a psycho. Because TRU.

Brook shouldn't even gaf because People haven't had credibility for years for their lists.

I'm a gay and I do not watch survivor. I know some of the guys on the show are supposed to be hot though and the girls are bad but still no interest. Like, ever.

And goddamn, that bullet to the head ending with Pat not being happy with what she wanted. There's nothing more alienating than improving your life.

Literally the best episode of the series. From start to finish it was great. Rare for a comedy these days.

Didn't know there was a thread. Best comedy on television :clap3:

This season has been great and the recent episodes especially have been really strong. I get why people are having trouble finding their way in because they've just really gone to extreme depths making Brooke and Cary unlikable, but damn it is so funny seeing it play out. 

Like the "girl has to go to the woods" video has to be one of the all time funniest things

• ATRL Moderator

Finally watching season 3 and WHEW I have missed this show :wanda:the first couple minutes had me cackling :dies:

Shame it's ending, but at least it won't feel like it's overstaying it's welcome. I wish this show had a Schitt's Creek-like moment with awards bodies & streaming success, but it'll be considered a cult TV comedy gem like Search Party.

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

what a ******* mess lmfao

This really breaks my heart. The investigation is one thing, but that Tina Fey joke is damning (at least for me it is) this show has become one of all time favorite comedies and hearing about the creators/leads’ toxicity, I don’t know it just sours everything 

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

This really breaks my heart. The investigation is one thing, but that Tina Fey joke is damning (at least for me it is) this show has become one of all time favorite comedies and hearing about the creators/leads’ toxicity, I don’t know it just sours everything 

im kinda glad rn that I haven't seen S3 yet because this absolutely made me wanna miss it completely tbh. also, those investigations usually don't come to anything because its hard to prove a pattern of abusive or toxic behavior and the studio wants to save ass so im not buying it. the quotes from staff is all I needed. 

12 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

im kinda glad rn that I haven't seen S3 yet because this absolutely made me wanna miss it completely tbh. also, those investigations usually don't come to anything because its hard to prove a pattern of abusive or toxic behavior and the studio wants to save ass so im not buying it. the quotes from staff is all I needed. 

You should watch it the series finale was perfect with so many callbacks to previous seasons!

The Other Two 3x9

This show is Dificult People but better. So "Difficult People" done right. 

Cary's bulge - literally talking directly to atrl.

Brooke's burglar cosplay and first thought being to stab her ex for HER invading HIS apartment. Classic. 

I've never seen brokeback mountain and I have never regretted that obviously great decision ever. I used to dislike actor boyfriend but I look forward to him now. He's not necessary but he is appreciated.

Old agent, yeah I remember him. Funny screwhead.

Those two oldies gyrating in the club... ...the shot of her through the closet door...haunting.

Yikes, the lack of identity and soul. Cary is a profile on gay emptiness.

The debt collector is FOINE. Wentworth Miller type, the SOUND my orifice made...whew, excuse me, chile.

That twink beating it had me scared.

So Brooke's a murderer now.

I assume Cary topping is another reference to brokeback mountain??? I ju- and the TEXTS.

Yeah, they just give those awards out to everyone, Brooke. Good for pat. Boundaries are life-saving, literally.

8 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

You should watch it the series finale was perfect with so many callbacks to previous seasons!

Just watched the finale. I'm so sad but I'm soooo happy we got somewhat of a closure! :clap3:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daddy said:

Just watched the finale. I'm so sad but I'm soooo happy we got somewhat of a closure! :clap3:

same. it was a good way to end the show. i am glad cary has come back down to earth. same with brooke somewhat, but cary was so far gone that i was worried he wouldn't have a redemption. so it was good to see that he finally realized what a mess he was and what was important for him. i do wish we could've seen some more characters get closure though. but life goes on like it does at the end.

I'm a little bummed the show is over but S3 was kind of a weird rollercoaster so maybe it's for the best. :michael:

The ending was cute though! :heart2:

S3 damn near felt like a different show, Cary and Brooke became unbearable and while I understood it was a part character arcs some of the situations just became annoying and unfunny. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.