The Boulet Brothers' Dragula | Season 6 coming soon

khalyan

Spoiler

Let me preface this by saying that I've been team Nio since the start, so I'm very happy with the winner. I don't know if this is a controversial take or not, but I thought her last two looks were just fine. However, I loved the first one! She's been the most consistent throughout the entire competition and deserves the win so much.

Throb surprised me the most. I have to be fair and give credit where credit is due. I just find them a tad too calculating for my liking. They didn't miss once this season, but the petal gimmick was never going to work, not with how hard the Boulet Brothers keep trying to distance themselves from "that other show," as they say. The Sasha Velour comparisons would never end. I'm low-key glad Throb didn't win. I thought the reunion was edited around them and Blackberri, for some reason. I know Nio and Ork didn't talk much anyway, but I thought the Boulet Brothers were mad at them for not taking a bigger part in the reunion and I was worried they might punish Nio for it.

Blackberri should have been cut in fourth... if not earlier. Like I said somewhere in this thread, why waste someone's time and "exceptionally" have a top 4 (which seems to be becoming the norm) when you're not going to be crowning them no matter what? Blackberri's horror look was her best of the night, but I still don't know who she is as an artist.

Edited by La Divina Assoluta

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• genetic fail

• Bimbo

• Dragonfly

A deserving winner thank god :clap3:

Her level of drag is insane and I love that she always has this mix of femme but edgy and demonic.

Throb bombing the first two categories :fan: I didn't get why her princess was pregnant, I thought she was going to give birth/rip the belly open.

Ork didn't show much versatility but his first look really gagged me with disgust so I'm glad he didn't fully vomit :deadbanana:

I also love body horror so I thought his second look was great, very disturbing. Kind of a mix of amputation and deformity.

For glamour I don't get why he couldn't just do something like this if he's done it before: https://www.instagram.com/p/CxeSYZZugYs/?hl=es&img_index=1

Blackberri... she's very nice but those looks were just lame :deadbanana: I thought she was going to be covered in filth and garbage but she came out in a mascot suit with a half glued nose, then she fully ruined the horror look with those cartoon lips for no reason, I was so mad :rip:

Overall I feel like this new stage really takes away from the darkness and performance aspect of other finale shows.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, La Divina Assoluta said:
  Hide contents

Let me preface this by saying that I've been team Nio since the start, so I'm very happy with the winner. I don't know if this is a controversial take or not, but I thought her last two looks were just fine. However, I loved the first one! She's been the most consistent throughout the entire competition and deserves the win so much.

Throb surprised me the most. I have to be fair and give credit where credit is due. I just find them a tad too calculating for my liking. They didn't miss once this season, but the petal gimmick was never going to work, not with how hard the Boulet Brothers keep trying to distance themselves from "that other show," as they say. The Sasha Velour comparisons would never end. I'm low-key glad Throb didn't win. I thought the reunion was edited around them and Blackberri, for some reason. I know Nio and Ork didn't talk much anyway, but I thought the Boulet Brothers were mad at them for not taking a bigger part in the reunion and I was worried they might punish Nio for it.

Blackberri should have been cut in fourth... if not earlier. Like I said somewhere in this thread, why waste someone's time and "exceptionally" have a top 4 (which seems to be becoming the norm) when you're not going to be crowning them no matter what? Blackberri's horror look was her best of the night, but I still don't know who she is as an artist.

MTE

• Like 1

correct winner

mid season

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bicassie said:

correct winner

mid season

Exactly how I feel 

So happy Nio won but this was the boulet brothers best friend race the whole season. 

queen enjoying her win!

People on reddit “infuriated” that the Boulets didn’t find Throb’s horror look scary enough “even though just being a woman in this world is the scariest thing” :rip: thank god this season is over so we don’t have to hear “miSoGynY!!” every time he got a critique. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards

Daytime TV:

Best Makeup

“The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula”

Swanthula Boulet, Dracmorda Boulet - WIN :clap3:

• Like 1

Nio deserved she was miles ahead of everyone but the season was boring af sawry :michael:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

2 Emmy nominations! 1 for makeup (which the Boulets are nominated for) and 1 for hairstyling :clap3:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Almodusa said:

2 Emmy nominations! 1 for makeup (which the Boulets are nominated for) and 1 for hairstyling :clap3:

it's impressive that they still do their own makeup

• 1 month later...

Cast announcement real soon uglies the teasing has begun!!!!!!!! :ghostface:

Shudder has also revealed the full slate of judges for the upcoming season. They include Jennifer Tilly ("Bride of Chucky," "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills",) Mike Flanagan ("Midnight Mass," "Haunting of Hill House"), Jamie Clayton ("Hellraiser"), Tatiana Maslany ("Orphan Black," "She-Hulk,"), Don Mancini (creator and writer of "Chucky") and Justin Simien ("The Haunted Mansion," "Dear White People").

Other judges include: David Dastmalchian ("Late Night with the Devil," "Dune," "Suicide Squad"), Akela Cooper ("Writer," "Malignant," "M3gan," "The Nun 2"), Joe Bob Briggs & Darcy (hosts of "The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs"), Violet Chachki ("RuPaul's Drag Race") Alaska Thunderfck ("RuPaul's Drag Race"), Tananarive Due (author of "Horror Historian"), Darren Stein ("Jawbreaker"), Mathieu Cote (creator of "Dead By Daylight"), Landon Cider (winner of "The Boulet Brothers' Dragula" Season 3) and Niohuru X (winner of "The Boulet Brothers' Dragula" Season 5).

:jonny5: Gagged at Jennifer and Don. Dubbed "Season 666," it will consist of 10 episodes.

Edited by Almodusa
  • Like 2

Not James getting dragged back, wheew chile I love me some James Majesty, we about to be in some MESS.

• Like 1

stacked cast as usual:jonny5:i'm obsessed with grey matter already but they're giving me yovska (aka early out) vibes... i better be wrong

drag race did yuri so dirty, i just know they're gonna shine here :duca:

• Like 1

Dahli stomping on S4 only elevated that season rather than undermining the rest of the talent present, but I wish they would save all star material for Titans :'(

I know Majesty is gonna serve regardless. I hope they drive the rest of these ******* to do the same

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.