The Boulet Brothers' Dragula | Season 6 coming soon

khalyan

2 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Okay. Would season two be a good season to start up on?

season 2 is also very low budget but has really great queens and fun drama. season 3 was just okay, season 4 was great. the titans/all stars season was fun but a lil predictable, and this season has been decent so far. def don’t judge it from the first season , tho u should def look up who wins and get into their drag bc they’re amazing

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• genetic fail

• Bimbo

• Dragonfly

• ATRL Moderator

Season 1 has so many iconic monsters despite its low budget. Vander is an amazing winner, Melissa is a legend (and I adored her on Titans), Meatball icon, Loris has “not tonoiiiight” :jonny4:

Season 2 has legends on legends as well. The winner’s storyline is still one of the best from Dragula, plus VEB, Dahli, James, Kendra, cockroach (complimentary) Erika, Disasterina 

Season 3’s winner is a Dragula LEGEND for good reason, some hilarious drama with Hollow Eve, and PRISCILLA CHAMBERS

Resurrection is a fun special with some incredible looks from pretty much all of the monsters who participated

Season 4 has the most memorable cauldron that will probably ever come from Dragula

Titans drama is nasty and the storylines are confused af but as a showcase for the monsters’ drag, I would say everyone except Abhora had a positive showing from it

Season 5 top three is already obvious already and has been for weeks but there’s some great drag (again) even though the Jay Kay drama is a bit overwhelming

Dragula is at its best when it focuses on the monsters’ drag. The drama seems to have been taking a front seat since Season 4 but there’s still so much amazing and unique drag on display that I can’t not enjoy it, even a terrible season like Titans

11 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I’ve been a huge fan of drag race, and saw that Dragula is on prime now so I tried it out. I made it through about 3 1/2 episodes of the first season and stopped. 

Does it get better after the first season? I’d love to watch some other drag media than just drag race but I found it to be really low budget and not cohesive. I know drag race season one was rough so I’m willing to give Dragula a chance. 

thoughts?

I can’t explain just how drastically different the newer seasons are compared to season 1. The last two seasons have felt very Drag Race’d. There’s a reason season 1 was free to stream on YouTube lol.

7 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Season 1 has so many iconic monsters despite its low budget. Vander is an amazing winner, Melissa is a legend (and I adored her on Titans), Meatball icon, Loris has “not tonoiiiight” :jonny4:

Season 2 has legends on legends as well. The winner’s storyline is still one of the best from Dragula, plus VEB, Dahli, James, Kendra, cockroach (complimentary) Erika, Disasterina 

Season 3’s winner is a Dragula LEGEND for good reason, some hilarious drama with Hollow Eve, and PRISCILLA CHAMBERS

Resurrection is a fun special with some incredible looks from pretty much all of the monsters who participated

Season 4 has the most memorable cauldron that will probably ever come from Dragula

Titans drama is nasty and the storylines are confused af but as a showcase for the monsters’ drag, I would say everyone except Abhora had a positive showing from it

Season 5 top three is already obvious already and has been for weeks but there’s some great drag (again) even though the Jay Kay drama is a bit overwhelming

Dragula is at its best when it focuses on the monsters’ drag. The drama seems to have been taking a front seat since Season 4 but there’s still so much amazing and unique drag on display that I can’t not enjoy it, even a terrible season like Titans

I agree with almost everything, Dragula is indeed a great franchise. And the casting is always AMAZING, something I've been missing from DR for ages. The amount of talent, personality and diversity is overwhelming. Maybe this season is a little weaker in that regard, with a couple more fillers than usual, but still some awesome additions nonetheless.

Blackberri was giving Renaissance tour teas with that look. I agree with the judges though that she lacks perspective. She's always polished and delivers what the challenges are asking for but there's no uniqueness or wow factor.

Overall, extremely disappointing episode with a very poor floorshow.

The right person went home but something about Rob's statement towards JK in the cauldron seemed off. Its like he wants it both ways about how if it was Jarvis vs Rob he'd play to win but since it was JK he wants him gone. So by that logic, if Rob sent Jarvis home, he should've self eliminated. It all felt very contradictory and pointed only because it was JK.

I do agree with JK that Rob was seemingly 'flipping' on him because I didn't buy Rob's "Everyone is competition" defense.  

16 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This is lowkey the worst season tbh. Also Throb gives racist I'm sorry

I peeped that too!! The way she yelled ''dont touch me!'' with so much disgust when JK put his hand on her shoulder was weird. And she seems like she wants any reason to hate on Jk and Fantasia...

Also, idg why everyone is ganging up on ms JK (eventho we've had much more annoying hoes on this show, but for some reason theyre treating him awfully. It's giving bullying). What HAS he done that was SO awful?

3 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

I peeped that too!! The way she yelled ''dont touch me!'' with so much disgust when JK put his hand on her shoulder was weird. And she seems like she wants any reason to hate on Jk and Fantasia...

Also, idg why everyone is ganging up on ms JK (eventho we've had much more annoying hoes on this show, but for some reason theyre treating him awfully. It's giving bullying). What HAS he done that was SO awful?

The Boulets mentioned once in their podcast that Orkgotik felt uncomfortable with JK because something that the camera didn't show is that JK was being flirtatious towards him and it became too much, which okay you can understand that, but the rest of the cast? The looks aren't THAT horrible either so it just comes off as really weird.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

The Boulets mentioned once in their podcast that Orkgotik felt uncomfortable with JK because something that the camera didn't show is that JK was being flirtatious towards him and it became too much, which okay you can understand that, but the rest of the cast? The looks aren't THAT horrible either so it just comes off as really weird.

It gives me high school mean girls teas. It's sad to see and nobody's clocking it on the show

• Like 1

The Sigourney Beaver and Jay Kay alliance on Titans 2 would be so iconic :alexz:

• Like 1

Yea this floor show was gutter, the winner felt underwhelming; Loved her look but I would’ve gave it to Nio. Not everyone can slay in Windowsen shoes now, unless you’re Doja

• ATRL Moderator

I liked this episodes floor show.  It was a messy group of looks but I liked the concepts.  

Orgotik should have been in the bottom instead of fantasia though 

• Like 1

The floor show was bad yeah. I agree with the winner but other than Blackberri I only liked Cynthia and Nio's looks/performances. Everyone else felt like they missed the mark completely. :rip:

The Boulets said they intended them to take inspiration from The Rocky Horror Picture Show :deadbanana4: how the hell would they get alien sex from that if they all look human :deadbanana4:

Ork and Nio are so iconic :smitten: my final two. Fantasia and Berri can make a cute 3rd/4th. 

This season is honestly so bad...Everyone hating on JK for simply existing, Blackberri being praised for serving Drag Race runways, Fantasia serving absolutely NOTHING besides huge **** and ass, Cynthia being safe while wearing green pajamas, Ork starting to wear the same look every episode, Throb being weird and secretly malicious.

Just crown Nio and end this misery. :rip:

2 hours ago, killer_rose said:

This season is honestly so bad...Everyone hating on JK for simply existing, Blackberri being praised for serving Drag Race runways, Fantasia serving absolutely NOTHING besides huge **** and ass, Cynthia being safe while wearing green pajamas, Ork starting to wear the same look every episode, Throb being weird and secretly malicious.

:rip:

23 hours ago, killer_rose said:

It's really weaker than the other seasons yeah... But still watchable.

On 12/7/2023 at 12:32 AM, Terrielle said:

It gives me high school mean girls teas. It's sad to see and nobody's clocking it on the show

Honestly, I think JK might be annoying as hell and not really a good person. That's the vibe I've been getting all along and now it's even more clear with the false SA allegations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.