Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise

Idol Of Roses

Animal Crossing Logo.png

With the announcement of Animal Crossing coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2020, I figured we could have a base to discuss the upcoming game and the previous instalments in the series!

Animal Crossing is a community simulation video game series developed and published by Nintendo, in which the human player lives in a village inhabited by anthropomorphic animals, carrying out various activities including fishing, bug catching, fossil hunting, etc. The series is notable for its open-ended gameplay and extensive use of the game systems' internal clock and calendar to simulate real passage of time.

Four Animal Crossing games have been released worldwide, one each for the Nintendo 64 (enhanced and reissued for the GameCube), Nintendo DS, Wii, and the Nintendo 3DS. A fifth game, for the Nintendo Switch, is scheduled for a 2020 release. The series has been both critically and commercially successful and has sold over 30 million units worldwide. Three spin-off games have also been released: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (for Nintendo 3DS), Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (for mobile phones), and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (for Wii U).

Website ? Twitter

Main Series        Image result for animal crossing isabelle png

Animal Crossing Coverart.png
Animal Crossing
GameCube - 2001

Animal Crossing is a life simulation video game developed by Nintendo EAD and published by Nintendo. Animal Crossing is a localized version of Dōbutsu no Mori, a Nintendo 64 title that was released in Japan on April 14, 2001, and then enhanced and re-released on the GameCube in Japan later the same year as Dōbutsu no Mori+, which was then localized to other countries as Animal Crossing, with a number of improvements. Another version, Dōbutsu no Mori e+, was released in Japan in 2003, adding the improvements made to Animal Crossing plus some additional features.

Animal Crossing is an open-ended game in which the player character moves into a village populated with anthropomorphic animals. Throughout the game, the player can interact with the animals as well as other players through the GameCube's memory card. The game is synced with the GameCube's internal clock and calendar, allowing the game to be played in real-time, which also follows seasons and holidays.

Animal Crossing Wild World Game Cover.jpg

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Nintendo DS - 2005

Animal Crossing: Wild World (おいでよ どうぶつの森 Oideyo Dōbutsu no Mori, "Animal Forest: Come Here") is a 2005 social simulation video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console, and is the second game in the Animal Crossing series.

Wild World focuses on living in a remote village populated with anthropomorphic animals, where the player is encouraged to perform any number of tasks, such as collecting and planting. Like all Animal Crossing titles, the game is synced to the console's clock and calendar, allowing the game to be played in real-time, which affects the occurrence of in-game events based on the current time of day or season. Wild World also utilizes Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which notably allows players to travel and visit the villages of other players via online play.

The game received positive reviews upon release, gaining aggregate scores of 86 and 86.46% on Metacritic and GameRankings. Wild World is the ninth best-selling game on the Nintendo DS with 11.75 million copies sold worldwide as of March 31, 2016.

Cityfolkbox.jpg

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Wii - 2008

Animal Crossing: City Folk, known in Europe and Oceania as Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City, is a 2008 life simulation video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii console and the third game in the Animal Crossing series. It is also one of the first titles that was re-released as a part of the Nintendo Selects collection in 2011.

In City Folk, the player character lives in a rural village populated with anthropomorphic animals, taking part in various activities such as collecting and planting. Similar to other games in the Animal Crossing series the game is synced to the Wii system clock and calendar, allowing the game to be played in real-time and affecting the occurrence of in-game events based on the current time of day or season. City Folk utilizes Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, allowing players to visit one another's villages via online play. The game is also the first Wii title to be compatible with the Wii Speak accessory, which enables voice chat.

City Folk was officially announced at E3 2008. The game is one of the best-selling games on the Wii with 3.38 million copies sold worldwide.

AnimalCrossingNewLeafNABoxart.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Nintendo 3DS - 2012

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a life simulation video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS console. In the game, the player character takes on the role of mayor in a town populated with anthropomorphic animals. As the fourth main title in the Animal Crossing series, it was first released in Japan in November 2012, and later in North America, Europe and Australia in June 2013. The game received positive reviews from critics.

Although the title was rereleased under the Nintendo Selects banner in North America and as Happy Price Selection in Japan, an updated version with amiibo support was released for free on the Nintendo eShop in November 2016 for owners of the original version. A retail version of the update was released as Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo in late 2016.

Image result for animal crossing new horizons

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Nintendo Switch - 2020

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Revealed. Nintendo delivered on one of the biggest requests from fans during its E3 Direct by announcing a new Animal Crossing game. It's called Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and it's currently scheduled to be released for the Nintendo Switch on March 20, 2020.

Spin-off Games

AnimalCrossing HappyHomeDJapan3DS.png

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Nintendo 3DS - 2015

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is a sandbox video game developed and published by Nintendo, with assistance from Monolith Soft, for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was released in Japan in July 2015, in North America in September 2015, and in PAL regions in October 2015. The game is a spin-off of the Animal Crossing series where the player has to design homes for various anthropomorphic animal characters.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Wii U - 2015

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is a party video game developed by Nintendo and Nd Cube for the Wii U. The game is a spin-off of the Animal Crossing series, and was released worldwide in November 2015.

Animal crossing pocket camp art.jpg

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

iOS, Android - 2017

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is a free-to-play social simulation mobile game in Nintendo's Animal Crossing series for iOS and Android devices. It was released in Australia in October 2017, and worldwide the following month. The game continues the series of social simulations that allow players to interact with a small campsite with various campers, performing small tasks, engaging in commerce, and decorating living spaces.

News   Image result for animal crossing pete png

Animal Crossing is Coming to Nintendo Switch!

Isabelle revealed to be joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Reveal trailer!

Friend codes

Send me your friend codes and I will compile a list of them here.

Idol Of Roses - SW-5378-0677-3882

• 2 weeks later...

restarted my island and starting from scratch for the 5th time :toofunny3:

there's so many treasure island streams on twitch that i'm already a bellionaire :bibliahh:

should I start new island in my Switch Oled? 

i havent played it in almost 1.5 year 

• 2 weeks later...

welp i restarted my island again :sistrens:

• 4 months later...

I played it almost a year later again while on my flight back from Vegas :gaycat:

you girls inspired me and maybe i’ll play while on my vacay in a couple of weeks cause i’ll be by the pool a lot and need something to keep me occupied. i could see myself finally flattening some big parts of my island and starting them fresh! 

• 4 weeks later...

why am i suddenly addicted to this game again, i finally have motivation to finish my island:rip: 

• 8 months later...

Isabelle is annoying! I’m glad she’s finally getting clocked :bibliahh::bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.