Shenmue the Animation: Season 1 | Toonami/Crunchyroll February 5

Lee!!

• ATRL Administrator

Shenmue the Animation: Season 1 | Toonami (adult swim)/Crunchyroll February 5

FJxaZUIWYAIml1O?format=jpg

Based on the SEGA game franchise, Shenmue follows the journey of Ryo Hazuki. After he witnesses his father's murder at the family dojo, Ryo dedicates his life to finding the man responsible-a mission that takes him from the streets of Yokosuka, Japan to the sprawling metropolis of Hong Kong, and beyond. Soon he will learn that larger, mystical forces are at play as he trains to become the ultimate martial artist in his quest for revenge.

The English dubbed version will air in North America on Toonami, Adult Swim's signature anime block, and Crunchyroll will stream the subtitled version worldwide outside of Japan and China.

I really enjoyed the episodes I was able to see! Great voice work, the animation is really good, an interesting story and it has a cool sense of style and noir feeling. The opening theme is really catchy and has been on repeat in my head! I never played the video games before but it was easy to get into and enjoy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.