Shadow and Bone season 2 | March 16th on Netflix

Anye

On 4/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, Raptus said:

The promotion tour (cast interviews) was more entertaining than the show itself :rip:

yeah this season is lowkey type dry. i only got halfway through. i'm gonna try and finish this weekend

On 4/14/2023 at 11:49 AM, Miles. said:

I really hope this gets renewed for the Six Of Crows spinoff.  The Shadow & Bone books are standard YA mediocrity, but the SOC books are absolutely phenomenal.  

aren't they combining the six of crows with the original book trilogy already? realistically unless they film 2 more seasons back to back and don't got canceled they better figure something out. cause realistically this show doesn't have the popularity or success to be drawn out past 4 seasons

21 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

aren't they combining the six of crows with the original book trilogy already? realistically unless they film 2 more seasons back to back and don't got canceled they better figure something out. cause realistically this show doesn't have the popularity or success to be drawn out past 4 seasons

They've added the Crows in here, but their arc here is mostly backstory.  The actual Six Of Crows storyline from the book hasn't started yet.  That would be, presumably + hopefully, in the Six Of Crows spinoff.

The SOC duology takes place after the Shadow & Bone trilogy anyway, so it makes sense.

And the Crows are way more popular than Alina and Mal.  That's why they had to shoehorn them in here :rip: 

They could definitely carry their own show.

Edited by Miles.

7 hours ago, Miles. said:

They've added the Crows in here, but their arc here is mostly backstory.  The actual Six Of Crows storyline from the book hasn't started yet.  That would be, presumably + hopefully, in the Six Of Crows spinoff.

The SOC duology takes place after the Shadow & Bone trilogy anyway, so it makes sense.

And the Crows are way more popular than Alina and Mal.  That's why they had to shoehorn them in here :rip: 

They could definitely carry their own show.

idk if the show unfortunately warranted enough success to get a spinoff unfortunately. how many more books are their left to adapt?

This is getting canceled.. 

This season was a bore 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

This season was a bore 

The low budget is dragging the show down. All the fighting scenes :skull: 

The plot is actually decent and interesting

• 6 months later...

Netflix wtf!!!

For this reason the 90%  from what I see is the Asian series on Netflix... because Netflix Asia does not cancel series:rip:

I really liked Shadow and Bone.. I HATE YOU NETFLIX

7 hours ago, Nintendoes said:

Why did they cancel this.... I thought the second season was popular? :chick3:

per their #s:

week 1 50 mil hours

week 2 55 mil

week 3 27 mil

week 4 17 mil

week 5 12 mil

then out of top 10

ok but not big. 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:36 PM, Johnny Jacobs said:

This season was a bore 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:46 PM, Lovett said:

now sis :sorry:

OT: not surprised. i called it mid season. it was bad.

leave it to netflix to ruin a good adaption. 

HBO shouldve

19 hours ago, Nintendoes said:

Why did they cancel this.... I thought the second season was popular? :chick3:

The quality was way down and upon reading the season 3 scripts, the executives just pulled the plug.

Sandman awaits the same fate as this. Tepid, hesitant renewal for season 2 despite strong fanbase reaction and good numbers for season 1.

Hard to understand what Netflix's goal is with these high budget fantasy adaptations if they do everything right in the first season, getting a very positive reaction both critically and commercially, but let it flounder for some reason.

Season 1 was mid, I watched two episodes of season 2 and bailed out because it was terrible.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Dark Miracles said:

Sandman awaits the same fate as this. Tepid, hesitant renewal for season 2 despite strong fanbase reaction and good numbers for season 1.

well they did pick up Dead Boy Detectives so maybe they have a bit more faith in that universe

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2023 at 12:53 AM, fridayteenage said:

per their #s:

week 1 50 mil hours

week 2 55 mil

week 3 27 mil

week 4 17 mil

week 5 12 mil

then out of top 10

ok but not big. 

that is still good its not realistic for everything to perform billions netflix needs a reality check asap

On 11/17/2023 at 12:53 PM, PillowCase said:

The quality was way down and upon reading the season 3 scripts, the executives just pulled the plug.

so their was a season 3 in the works and netflix wasn't a fan? isn't that what re-writes are for like? also isn't this series like a trilogy? they really couldn't give us one more final season for closure?

i'm here talking all this **** yet not having watched the second season in full because it was so uneventful 

45 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

so their was a season 3 in the works and netflix wasn't a fan? isn't that what re-writes are for like? 

It is not unusual for shows to be cancelled even if significant headway has been made with the next season. The same thing happened with I'm Sorry and The Ghost & Molly McGee. Both shows had upcoming seasons where the writing was completely finished but the network still pulled the plug. It happens :emofish:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.