• Drowned8World

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

JUST DID, WHAT AN EPIC FINALE :jonny5:

honestly the best episode so far AND WHAT A FINALE IT WAS :clap3:

it was just so good, much much better than anything I imagined reading the book

• Like 1

I *KNEW* it was going to be her because the casting leaked like a year ago but

Spoiler

I still CAN'T BELIEVE they got Laia Costa to play Moghedien, she's going to eat this so hard :jonny5:she's nothing like I imagined Moghedien to be but I can already see how this is going to go and IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING. 

*light books 4/5 spoilers but oh well

Spoiler

to see her and Nynaeve being mortal enemies is going to be so fun lasklasklaslkasklaskl especially with Nynaeve always being angry and Moghedien being playful

also Birgitte glimpse :jonny5:though I know they'll change actresses 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomTom said:

"May the light help you, Rand al'Thor" :jonny5:

god i cant believe we'll have to wait AT LEAST 18 months to see more :jonny5:

• Like 1

honestly i'll probably devour the second half of the books alkasklaslkaslk this season got me so hyped I finished book 6 in a week after the first 3 episodes 

• Like 1

my only negative view is 

Spoiler

I WISH they could've gotten Nynaeve to do something with the One Power when they got to the top of the tower. Seeing Rand hurt or the blue Aes Sedai (honestly forgot her name) dead should probably take her over the emotional edge that she needs to surpass to channel. I know it makes sense that she didn't but I'm a sucker for these girl power moments in television lol

she's the most powerful non-Lanfear channeler alive and it would make sense for her to face Ishamael

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kummercell said:

AMAZON PLS HURRY S3 PLEASSSEEEE

I think they are busy with Ring of Power Season 2 in 2024

19 hours ago, Kummercell said:

also I need amazon to green light season 4 IMMEDIATELY

i want that too but they cancelled already renewed tv shows recently. Green light means nothing now and we can't trust streaming services anymore :chick3: i really hope S3 does good numbers.

Edited by Drowned8World

loved the finale and how well Lanfear orchestrated everything :clap3: 

Egwene getting her revenge :clap3:

the last scene :wanda: i'm so perched for S3, Amazon better not cancel this 

• Like 1

That was CVNTTTTTTTTT :jonny4: can Amazon stop trying with Flops of Power and focus on Wheel of Emmys :jonny4: like BITCHHHHH 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I just binged season 2, I only have 2 left :duca:

I'm so glad I waited and didn't watch week to week like I did in 2021 for season 1.

This show is so much better as a binge and season 2 is such an upgrade in every aspect. :clap3:  Not that season 1 wasn't good, I didn't understand the critics because I thought it was super strong.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:47 AM, Kummercell said:

also I need amazon to green light season 4 IMMEDIATELY

Unfortunately we need season 2 to serve longevity and word-of-mouth after it's great quality because so far it's not making as much noise as season 1.

They really fumbled the marketing for this season, it's a shame. It has so much potential to be better and better.

15 hours ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

That was CVNTTTTTTTTT :jonny4: can Amazon stop trying with Flops of Power and focus on Wheel of Emmys :jonny4: like BITCHHHHH 

Now now don't go there. 'Rings of Power' got 6 emmy noms for it's first season, 'Wheel' got nada.

3 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Now now don't go there. 'Rings of Power' got 6 emmy noms for it's first season, 'Wheel' got nada.

S1 of RoP was panned by audiences (much more than S1 of WoT) and did not meet expectations.

I like both and RoP is a cute girl, but @bluevelvetcrowbar is right that WoT has much more potential in light of the huge quality upgrade between S1 and S2 which I personally doubt RoP will be able to match.

Spoiler

ppzhcR3.png

qe9IO9r.png

@TomTom 1. i didn't know you were a medium who could foresee if a quality of a show will upgrade as it goes or not. 

2. i wasn't even trying to compare the reception to the public for both shows but if you want to pit the 2 shows against each other in your head go ahead. I was just cheekily pointing out that he called it 'wheel of emmys' when it didn't get any nominations and called the other a flop when it did.

3. 'lord of the rings' is a brand 10x times bigger than 'wheel of time', and with a community just as big as it is toxic. you can't pretend to ignore that the color blind casting of the show didn't create a staggering amount of hate and controversy at the time that sadly completely rendered any ratings on any site obsolete. especially rotten tomatoes, who is famous for it's review bombing.

it's sad that you had to derail the thread this way. can we just focus on this show and praise it without bringing other content. more fantasy the merrier.

• Thumbs Down 1

50 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

1. i didn't know you were a medium who could foresee if a quality of a show will upgrade as it goes or not. 

I never said that.

2. i wasn't even trying to compare the reception to the public for both shows but if you want to pit the 2 shows against each other in your head go ahead. I was just cheekily pointing out that he called it 'wheel of emmys' when it didn't get any nominations and called the other a flop when it did.

I literally stated that I like both, how am I pitting things against each other?! 

3. 'lord of the rings' is a brand 10x times bigger than 'wheel of time', and with a community just as big as it is toxic. you can't pretend to ignore that the color blind casting of the show didn't create a staggering amount of hate and controversy at the time that sadly completely rendered any ratings on any site obsolete. especially rotten tomatoes, who is famous for it's review bombing.

None of this is relevant to anything I said, but go off.

it's sad that you had to derail the thread this way. can we just focus on this show and praise it without bringing other content. more fantasy the merrier.

I absolutely did not derail anything, I gave a short and polite answer to your comment and you bringing up RoP. If you do not want people to respond to topics you bring up, then maybe don’t bring them up at all.

I‘ve been in this thread for weeks, so spare me the derailing accusations.

You sound extremely triggered for some inexplicable reason.

Edited by TomTom

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

Too bad it wasn't giving for me :monkey: maybe it's cause I'm not super into LoTR, but I couldn't make it past ep 1. End of the day, hopefully like you said, WoT can get some good word of mouth, cause it's genuinely one of the only fantasy shows for me rn that have fully embraced the fantastical aspect and have the budget to back it up.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I never said that.

I literally stated that I like both, how am I pitting things against each other?! 

None of this is relevant to anything I said, but go off.

I absolutely did not derail anything, I gave a short and polite answer to your comment and you bringing up RoP. If you do not want people to respond to topics you bring up, then maybe don’t bring them up at all.

I‘ve been in this thread for weeks, so spare me the derailing accusations.

You sound extremely triggered for some inexplicable reason.

not this whole post giving 

i-dont-know-what-youre-talking-about-uninterested.gif 

you lowkey made my day with this finesse gaslight :dies:

23 minutes ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

Too bad it wasn't giving for me :monkey: maybe it's cause I'm not super into LoTR, but I couldn't make it past ep 1. End of the day, hopefully like you said, WoT can get some good word of mouth, cause it's genuinely one of the only fantasy shows for me rn that have fully embraced the fantastical aspect and have the budget to back it up.

that's fair, LotR is not for everyone. it's a very particular kind of fantasy. very mythological/philosophical tales of hope in face of despair. 

Just now, Eóghan said:

you lowkey made my day with this finesse gaslight :dies:

That feeling is mutual!

I know I trashed RoP here too before but I was just trying to be funny, I haven't even watched the original LoTR movies and I slept trying to read the first chapter of the books :deadbanana2:

Wheel of Time as a concept is just so much more interesting to me.

• Like 2

I still haven't watched S2 but you guys hyped me up! The male actors are so hot :chick3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.