• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

There's so much I could say right now, but basically I've finally watched S1 in full and I'm completely mind-blown. It's such a beautiful, joyful, and hopeful show and I'm so happy queer media like this exists now! I've been in such a contemplative mood ever since I've watched it. It just hit so close to home, there were so many moments, characters, situations, and feelings that were way too relatable. I probably sound like a lunatic, but I've been crying for the past two days and have not been able to get this show out of my head. Not sure if anyone can relate, but yeah, I guess I just wanted to say that it's an incredible show and I can't wait for S2 this week :heart2: 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

There's so much I could say right now, but basically I've finally watched S1 in full and I'm completely mind-blown. It's such a beautiful, joyful, and hopeful show and I'm so happy queer media like this exists now! I've been in such a contemplative mood ever since I've watched it. It just hit so close to home, there were so many moments, characters, situations, and feelings that were way too relatable. I probably sound like a lunatic, but I've been crying for the past two days and have not been able to get this show out of my head. Not sure if anyone can relate, but yeah, I guess I just wanted to say that it's an incredible show and I can't wait for S2 this week :heart2: 

You don't sound like a lunatic, sis. This show is that successful for a reason. Tons of people, no matter how young or old they are, can relate to everything Heartstopper is trying to say It's such a beautiful, thoughtful, lovely, and well-crafted show. It hits hard and it's totally okay if you feel sad or happy after watching it. 

S2 is gonna be an amazing season as well. The comics are really strong and the storylines get more deep. :heart:

34 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

You don't sound like a lunatic, sis. This show is that successful for a reason. Tons of people, no matter how young or old they are, can relate to everything Heartstopper is trying to say It's such a beautiful, thoughtful, lovely, and well-crafted show. It hits hard and it's totally okay if you feel sad or happy after watching it. 

S2 is gonna be an amazing season as well. The comics are really strong and the storylines get more deep. :heart:

Thank you so much for this :heart2:

Honestly, I have to say, no other piece of media has ever touched me the way Charlie saying "I never thought this would happen to me" in the last episode did :weeps: 

Not only is it an amazing line considering his history with Ben (and also Nick to an extent), but I also think it's amazing commentary on queer depictions in the media. While I do think presenting queer struggle is VERY important and we need to show how horrible things like outings or HIV/AIDS can be, there are not many stories of just pure queer love and joy available to us. Many queer people really do not feel like the fairytale stories that always depict straight couples are possible for them, which is why this show is so incredibly important and powerful. While there are many problems and struggles shown in the series, at its core it's just a beautiful and pure love story, which can inspire queer people of all ages to feel like this could happen for them as well. I guess my personal struggle comes from the fact that on one hand the show makes me very hopeful, but deep inside I still feel like this type of story would never happen to me, but hopefully once the initial emotions from watching the show settle down I'll be able to get over it.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Rewatching the first season this week and it's still as magical and inspiring as it was when I first saw it. I'm still kicking my feet up and having to pause certain scenes from getting so overwhelmed by the show's earnestness and unflinching joy. We are so close to season 2 I can't believe it :wanda:

• Like 1

I'm really really sorry for posting so much here the last day, but I really needed to ask this.

Did anyone else experience a bit of a post-show depression after watching this?

Like, I know this is probably really dramatic, but literally for the last couple of days I've been in such a miserable, sad state after watching this, crying all the time etc. I don't even know why, because this is such a positive, uplifting, and hopeful show and yet it somehow made me feel so miserable about myself, despite the fact that I was doing perfectly fine and feeling very comfortably (mentally) before. I feel like I've been overthinking all my past experiences and my current situation, relationships, loneliness, all of it at once. I just really wanted to see, if someone related, cause I'm feeling really overwhelmed and overly emotional in a way that I haven't in a long time.

Can't wait for S2 :heart2: let's hope it won't break me this much lmao

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 8:44 PM, NumbSoul said:

I'm really really sorry for posting so much here the last day, but I really needed to ask this.

Did anyone else experience a bit of a post-show depression after watching this?

Like, I know this is probably really dramatic, but literally for the last couple of days I've been in such a miserable, sad state after watching this, crying all the time etc. I don't even know why, because this is such a positive, uplifting, and hopeful show and yet it somehow made me feel so miserable about myself, despite the fact that I was doing perfectly fine and feeling very comfortably (mentally) before. I feel like I've been overthinking all my past experiences and my current situation, relationships, loneliness, all of it at once. I just really wanted to see, if someone related, cause I'm feeling really overwhelmed and overly emotional in a way that I haven't in a long time.

Can't wait for S2 :heart2: let's hope it won't break me this much lmao

Not to this degree, but it had an impact on me for a few days and definitely made me question if I'll ever get a love story even remotely close to the ones in the show. I know it's fiction, but it's kind of what I always imagined my ideal relationship would develop, organically and with nothing but genuine love propelling it, which is not super common in real life.

I understand where you're coming from though, but think it this way: for most people, relationships like the ones the show depicts won't happen for a number of reasons that I won't list here and there's nothing wrong with that. Relationships aren't a cookie-cutter type of deal, people experience them in different ways and have different expectations for them.

I believe everything happens for a reason and everyone finds the right person for them sooner or later, so don't lose hope! :heart2:

• Like 3

Just one day left :duca: So excited!

Does anyone know what time the new episodes might drop?

43 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Not to this degree, but it had an impact on me for a few days and definitely made me question if I'll ever get a love story even remotely close to the ones in the show. I know it's fiction, but it's kind of what I always imagined my ideal relationship would develop, organically and with nothing but genuine love propelling it, which is not super common in real life.

I understand where you're coming from though, but think it this way: for most people, relationships like the ones the show depicts won't happen for a number of reasons that I won't list here and there's nothing wrong with that. Relationships aren't a cookie-cutter type of deal, people experience them in different ways and have different expectations for them.

I believe everything happens for a reason and everyone finds the right person for them sooner or later, so don't lose hope! :heart2:

You're totally right and thank you so much for this :heart2:

For me it was kind of the same - the show gave me so much hope, but inside I felt like this type of story, or even anything remotely close, would just never happen, which was kind of depressing. I think it's just the initial emotions and it's sometimes good to just feel it out, but it will hopefully pass in a bit once I settle back into reality lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NumbSoul said:

You're totally right and thank you so much for this :heart2:

For me it was kind of the same - the show gave me so much hope, but inside I felt like this type of story, or even anything remotely close, would just never happen, which was kind of depressing. I think it's just the initial emotions and it's sometimes good to just feel it out, but it will hopefully pass in a bit once I settle back into reality lol. 

You're welcome! My DMs are always open if you need to talk :hug:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

Does anyone know what time the new episodes might drop?

:WAP:

• Like 3

I can't believe this is out tomorrow!

I’m super excited! 

i watched S1 for the first time a couple months ago. I watched it a few days after ending a situationship with a confused bisexual man, so a lot of the themes in this show really hit hard. 

i completely agree with the sentiments above. The show does depict the ideal gay relationship and thats is what is so heartbreaking about reality. I understand why so many lgbt people feel sad after watching it, cause i did too. 

• Like 1

I will also mention that I did also cry over every scene with the graphic novel style art of leaves, flowers and sparks. It really is just so beautiful.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Lovett said:

First four minutes are out! :weeps: @NumbSoul @Hephaestus @Blade Runner @Ampersand13

I must refrain but I don't think I can:wanda:This show is about to take over my life yet again :gaycat6:

can't wait to fall into a deep depression tomorrow <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lovett said:

First four minutes are out! :weeps: @NumbSoul @Hephaestus @Blade Runner @Ampersand13

Ugh, noooooo, this is already the cutest thing ever :weeps: My heart is gonna completely combust tmrw!

Just hope everyone knows that if you feel sad or depressed after the show, you are not alone and pls always feel free to reach out! :heart2: 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I must refrain but I don't think I can:wanda:This show is about to take over my life yet again :gaycat6:

Honestly. I'm not sure I'm ready for my entire personality to be Heartstopper again. :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Gonna rewatch the first season again today :jonnycat:

Gonna binge season 1 again today :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.