Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

This show has unveiled deep rooted trauma of missing youth to lgbt oppression and discrimination. My teenage years were traumatic and full of homophobia and oppression. It’s so uplifting to see this generation can live freely as themselves but I realised how much scars are there from my lost youth and how it’s impacted me and the relationships I form today. It’s a lot. I missed out on teenage innocence and experiences because of the world we live in. It’s ******* dark but I’m just happy that todays generation can have more freedom to live, love and be themselves. Power to our generation for suffering through so we can bring more power to the generations ahead of us. Damn this show got me. I love it and I’m obsessed. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

As a 26 years who hasn’t  come out to his homophobic parents yet, This show opened up so many wounds that I thought was healing.

A lot of us missed out on the innocent crushes and romance of our teens so this show hits hard…

To sum up my feelings about this show:

im both happy that the new generation gets a positive and uplifting queer love story but I’m also sad that for many of us that time has passed.

Although, I will say that I am more motivated now to go out there and find love because lord knows we all deserve love ❤️ :gaycat6:

PS: I bought all the novels and now in search for merchandise 

Edited by MusicforAll

1 hour ago, Blankspace2010 said:

This show has unveiled deep rooted trauma of missing youth to lgbt oppression and discrimination. My teenage years were traumatic and full of homophobia and oppression. It’s so uplifting to see this generation can live freely as themselves but I realised how much scars are there from my lost youth and how it’s impacted me and the relationships I form today. It’s a lot. I missed out on teenage innocence and experiences because of the world we live in. It’s ******* dark but I’m just happy that todays generation can have more freedom to live, love and be themselves. Power to our generation for suffering through so we can bring more power to the generations ahead of us. Damn this show got me. I love it and I’m obsessed. 

:heart2:

1 hour ago, MusicforAll said:

As a 26 years who hasn’t  come out to his homophobic parents yet, This show opened up so many wounds that I thought was healing.

A lot of us missed out on the innocent crushes and romance of our teens so this show hits hard…

im both happy that the new generation gets a positive and uplifting queer love story but I’m also sad that for many of us that time has passed.

Although, I will say that I am more motivated now to go out there and find love because lord knows we all deserve love ❤️ :gaycat6:

This definitely made me feel emotions. I just recently turned 30 and it scared me that like you said that the time has passed to have that young queer love story. 

I also like that line Elle said to Tao from the show about putting yourself out there more otherwise we are just isolating ourselves to be even more lonelier. So I am going to try to do that because I know I won't be able to find love from my apartment swiping right on Tinder. It's scary because I am a pretty introverted person, but I know I don't want to be lonely anymore. 

2 hours ago, anti-***** said:

You shouldn't really go on the apps to find something specific like that. I feel you though bcuz I often get these kinds crushes too. I used to have a mad crush on Isak from Skam, lol. 

I know... ugh I just want a Nick Nelson so badly in my life.  I shouldn't be like this because it's not a healthy mindset to have and it will be impossible for any guys I meet to be like Nick Nelson. 

2 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

Not Nick also being the young Elton John in rocket man :skull: 

He is gonna be future Hollywood A-list actor :clap3:

2 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

It's crazy how much he's grown since the movie and Heartstopper in 2 years. Like he looks so different. 

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

He is gonna be future Hollywood A-list actor :clap3:

His IG followers number is so huge compared to the rest of cast. And I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booked for a Marvel movie soon (*cough* Hulking *cough*)  But I kinda feel bad for Joe lol. Hopefully Joe will start getting more appreciation for playing Charlie. 

So I watched this show cos all my friends and even my mom watched it. Was pretty good, sometimes the dialogue bothered me but the characters were all very compelling and I loved the soundtrack. 

2 hours ago, Blankspace2010 said:

1 hour ago, MusicforAll said:

I’m dealing with the same feelings and It really hurts :cries:

it completely unraveled the facade I’ve put on that I’m not actually that lonely and don’t care to have a relationship

Oef the boys are not having a good time on twitter tonight

I can’t imagine what it must be like dealing with all this attention at 18

15 minutes ago, Flexus said:

Oh nooo...Joe is so cute. Both of them are handsome actually, even if i don't find them hot because of age gap (i'm 26). 

29 minutes ago, Flexus said:

I would've spiraled and my agent would had to restrict my access to social media. Hopefully they have supportive people around them to deal with the newfound fame and spotlight. 

2 hours ago, MusicforAll said:

Wow this just made me depressed :weeps: 

I am envious of the gay youth growing up in this generation. It must be nice to be OUT and be able to experience crushes, dating, heartbreak, love, etc. like our straight peers did in middle-school and high school. 

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

It's crazy how much he's grown since the movie and Heartstopper in 2 years. Like he looks so different. 

Yeah I know that’s what I’m on about, the fact he looked like 10 in rocket man :skull: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Flexus said:

Who do I need to beat up to protect both of them? :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Flexus said:

twitter is awful. I hope they don't let it affect them :emofish:

They need to not read comments. 

Any way in reference to my previous comment and other comments in here; we all need to remember that this is a fantasy story and actually lacks elements of reality. It’s almost a fairytale. 

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

They need to not read comments. 

Any way in reference to my previous comment and other comments in here; we all need to remember that this is a fantasy story and actually lacks elements of reality. It’s almost a fairytale. 

While this is true, I think the yearning for affection is all real. Charlie and Nick’s relationship reminds me of my first true love. I was the out one and my ex was coming to terms with his sexuality. We grew a lot during the relationship and it felt as magical as Heartstopper feels to watch. I think that’s part of why I love the show so much. It captures that sense of young love very well. My ex and I had our breakup and it was indescribably painful. But that’s the other half of the story. Heartstopper (at least this season) focuses on that first half and I think that’s okay. I think people having the reaction of wanting that kind of feeling is a real testament to how poorly LGBTQ media has provided that framework to gay men in particular. We’re so used to accepting trauma and oppression as being realistic and love stories as being unrealistic and fantastical. I don’t think it’s entirely fair. Is the show a supercut of those effervescent feelings? Yes. But that’s okay. 

• ATRL Moderator

Since when does 'lacking elements of reality' connote a poor narrative. We tell stories because they are remarkable, unbelievable, heightened, dramatic, and moving not because they are always a mirror to society. Just because something isn't the most realistic doesn't mean it's inherently subpar to more grounded works. It's a style and genre difference and this was a masterful expedition into idealism and romance.

I finally willed myself to watch the final two episodes and they did not disappoint :jonny5:I swear to a higher power, should this somehow not see a season 2 I will be rioting 

25 minutes ago, Bloo said:

While this is true, I think the yearning for affection is all real. Charlie and Nick’s relationship reminds me of my first true love. I was the out one and my ex was coming to terms with his sexuality. We grew a lot during the relationship and it felt as magical as Heartstopper feels to watch. I think that’s part of why I love the show so much. It captures that sense of young love very well. My ex and I had our breakup and it was indescribably painful. But that’s the other half of the story. Heartstopper (at least this season) focuses on that first half and I think that’s okay. I think people having the reaction of wanting that kind of feeling is a real testament to how poorly LGBTQ media has provided that framework to gay men in particular. We’re so used to accepting trauma and oppression as being realistic and love stories as being unrealistic and fantastical. I don’t think it’s entirely fair. Is the show a supercut of those effervescent feelings? Yes. But that’s okay. 

This just made me cry a little bit. It's so true that we're so used to accepting trauma and oppression as being realistic for us.

The way this show has a chokehold on the LGBT community even more than some other shows/movies ever did. :blush:

21 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Since when does 'lacking elements of reality' connote a poor narrative. We tell stories because they are remarkable, unbelievable, heightened, dramatic, and moving not because they are always a mirror to society. Just because something isn't the most realistic doesn't mean it's inherently subpar to more grounded works. It's a style and genre difference and this was a masterful expedition into idealism and romance.

I finally willed myself to watch the final two episodes and they did not disappoint :jonny5:I swear to a higher power, should this somehow not see a season 2 I will be rioting 

:clap3:

7 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

Hes's also on the amazing and underrated Cannes winner Little Joe :heart2:

4 hours ago, Flexus said:

Lord please keep them out of that hellhole

5 hours ago, Cheers said:

Wow this just made me depressed :weeps: 

I am envious of the gay youth growing up in this generation. It must be nice to be OUT and be able to experience crushes, dating, heartbreak, love, etc. like our straight peers did in middle-school and high school. 

I’m sorry??.  Feeling happy and angry at a show at the same time is so weird??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.