Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

This is so adorable, can definitely relate to the stuff in this series, I love the animations, Charlie and Nick are so cute together :heart2:, love Elle, Tao, Isaac, Darcy and Tara :heart2:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

Amazing show!

Spoiler

Episode 8

I'm just wondering, does Tori kind of feel like a mother figure to Charlie even though she's his sister, I'm assuming his father has divorced from Charlie's mum or she has died, Tori is a great character though and I love her and Charlie's relationship with each other :heart2:

That was a great show, so f*cking amazing and adorable :weeps: :weeps:, the fight in Episode 7 definitely reminds me of school here in Northern Ireland, hitting and slapping and everyone around those fighting egging them on :dies:

I have never had a proper boyfriend though, so made me feel sad in that respect, but wish I had have had something like this when I was growing up and figuring out who I was.

Spoiler

Definitely can relate to Nick finding out his sexuality, been there myself :dies:, those Are You Gay tests really bring back the memories for me and the internalised homophobia as well

1 hour ago, Tiziano's Boy said:
  Hide contents

Episode 8

I'm just wondering, does Tori kind of feel like a mother figure to Charlie even though she's his sister, I'm assuming his father has divorced from Charlie's mum or she has died, Tori is a great character though and I love her and Charlie's relationship with each other :heart2:

Spoiler

No, Charlie's parents are together. We saw Charlie's mom briefly in one episode when Nick came over in the rain. And of course we saw his dad two or three times. Nick's parents are the one who is divorced. Nick's father is French and lives in Paris. In the graphic novels, Charlie and his mom don't get along very well. It takes awhile for them to really understand each other. And that's why I think Tori watches out for Charlie and tries to be there.  I agree, I love Tori! She is a really awesome character. In the graphic novels, she cares for Charlie and Nick a lot. She defends them from Nick's homophobic older brother as well. 

I’m kinda mad they didn’t do anything with the bully’s storyline. 

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

I’m kinda mad they didn’t do anything with the bully’s storyline. 

You mean Harry? 

Spoiler

If they follow his story in the graphic novels, we might see more of him in the second season. 

Edited by publikcitizen

37 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

No, Charlie's parents are together. We saw Charlie's mom briefly in one episode when Nick came over in the rain. And of course we saw his dad two or three times. Nick's parents are the one who is divorced. Nick's father is French and lives in Paris. In the graphic novels, Charlie and his mom don't get along very well. It takes awhile for them to really understand each other. And that's why I think Tori watches out for Charlie and tries to be there.  I agree, I love Tori! She is a really awesome character. In the graphic novels, she cares for Charlie and Nick a lot. She defends them from Nick's homophobic older brother as well. 

Sorry didn't realise we seen his mum, I forgot :dies:, Tori's role needs to be expanded in the 2nd season and I'm assuming Charlie's dad is South African? Just noticed his accent and knew it was South African.

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

It would depend if Netflix would go hard on campaigning for the show. Olivia Colman could get a nom for best guest actress and maybe Alice can get a nom for best writing.

I think it’s Emmy chances are incredibly slim but I definitely feel like they will campaign it for some British awards (BAFTAs, NTAs, RTS Programme etc) tho shows from network TV tend to win big over streaming service shows.

6 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Sorry didn't realise we seen his mum, I forgot :dies:, Tori's role needs to be expanded in the 2nd season and I'm assuming Charlie's dad is South African? Just noticed his accent and knew it was South African.

Spoiler

He's from Almeria, Spain in the novel iirc 

About season 2 

Spoiler

They can save some budget by changing the trip's destination from Paris to whatever is convenient from them. 

I believe Nick's fluent in french in the comics, Kit's french is.. not very convincing (He can count up to thirteen tho, that was cute)

My point is that Nick's dad being french and the trip to Paris are not really important so I guess they could just scrap it and choose some other destination :bird:

16 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

About season 2 

Reveal hidden contents

They can save some budget by changing the trip's destination from Paris to whatever is convenient from them. 

I believe Nick's fluent in french in the comics, Kit's french is.. not very convincing (He can count up to thirteen tho, that was cute)

My point is that Nick's dad being french and the trip to Paris are not really important so I guess they could just scrap it and choose some other destination :bird:

Spoiler

I feel like the true fans would be so upset if the location changed from Paris nnn

But going somewhere smaller would actually almost be cuter

6 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Reveal hidden contents

About season 2 

Hide contents

Spoiler

Excusez moi? They better not cut Paris from S2. I don't think Alice will do that. Why do you say the trip is not important? It is for Elle and Tao's relationship, Nick's first suspicion of Charlie's eating disorder, Charlie standing up to Harry, and the relationship between the teachers. It will allow for more character developments of the central Paris group. 

Kit will get a French tutor. It's part of being an actor, that's their job. 

38 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Spoiler

Charlie's dad is Spanish. We see his grandparents from Spain coming to visit them in one issue. 

11 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

Excusez moi? They better not cut Paris from S2. I don't think Alice will do that. Why do you say the trip is not important? It is for Elle and Tao's relationship, Nick's first suspicion of Charlie's eating disorder, Charlie standing up to Harry, and the relationship between the teachers. It will allow for more character developments of the central Paris group. 

Kit will get a French tutor. It's part of being an actor, that's their job. 

Spoiler

The trip is important I never said it wasn't, I meant the destination was not important, it doesn't have to be Paris, Paris is expensive :bird:

I hope we get more Farouk x Ajayi

Just finished! I liked it! It was definitely wonderful representation of all sorts of queer experiences. I related to certain parts so hard lol

Wish the show dug a little deeper on some characters, everyone but Nick and Charlie felt a little bland. That said, I'm so happy this show exists and I hope so many young kids are watching and seeing how it's okay to be different 

Spoiler

the scene with Olivia colman in the last episode : ' )

that's like almost exactly what my mom said :hug:

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

tumblr_inline_qefz7eXrOC1qkegog_500.png

tumblr_inline_qefz8uYRAf1qkegog_500.png

EMUGeFGXkAEZRR4?format=jpg&name=900x900

I’m the same MBTI type as Tara (INFP) :gaycat1:

• ATRL Moderator

Caught up on the entire thread now that I'm done and the way everyone is both so enamored with the show but ALSO depressed that we don't have a Nick in our lives :lmao:I have to c̶r̶y̶ laugh.

a few points:

- The final scene with Nick and Olivia made me tear up. So well done. For those of you who read the source material, does his mom have a role in the next 2 books?

- re: Tao: As @Bloo said, he was incredibly annoying, BUT I have to say I switched on him. His focus on maintaining the friend group was kind of cringe, but in the latter half of the season it was clear he was actually looking out for Charlie and was actually being a good friend to him imo. I think people need a friend who can call you out if you're lowering your standards for someone, and Charlie didn't deserve to have to date someone in secret again.

- I love how mature the Imogen x Nick conversation was :heart2: So unrealistic for high school, let's be real, but I still loved it anyway.

- The soundtrack!!! :jamming: :smitten:

16 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

a few points:

- The final scene with Nick and Olivia made me tear up. So well done. For those of you who read the source material, does his mom have a role in the next 2 books?

Spoiler

She's still around in vol 3 and 4, she's kind and unproblematic so she doesn't get more screen time :bird:

Spoiler

We'll see how she deals with the homophobic brother in the show  :bird:

38 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

a few points:

Spoiler

Yes quite a bit, especially for some serious topics.

If there’s a second season, her story could be expanded to deal with Nick’s older homophobic brother and helping Nick come to term with Charlie’s eating disorder. It’s a very powerful scene in the graphic novel. This will all depends if Olivia Colman will be available.  So I really hope this can happen. 

Casting spoiler for a potential second season. Don’t open if you haven’t read the graphic novels.

Spoiler

Who should play Nick’s homophobic brother for S2? I was trying to think of an up and coming British actor but I can’t think of one who would be good at it. At first I thought of George Mackay but I think he’s too old to play him. 

5 hours ago, GentleDance said:

Reveal hidden contents

About season 2 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

When instead of Paris they go to Stockholm and we get that Young Royals crossover :jonnycat:  

You may say I’m a dreamer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.