Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

3 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Which character do you see Kit playing in the DCU? I always thought he would've been a good choice to play Hulking. But for the DC, idk lol. He is still pretty young. Maybe Nightwing, Booster Gold, or Wally West (since he is ginger haired if I remember correctly). I can't imagine him as a DC villain lol. 

Idk exactly but with him getting bulked up and acclaimed... He has a that vibe idk. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

3 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I am sure there will be 5 seasons considering the amount of storylines left to cover. Let's hope we are lucky to get two more seasons. 

Alice said they're hoping for 4 seasons to wrap the full story. But I can imagine if the seasons continue to smash, Netflix will likely push to 5.

10 hours ago, Oscar Isaac said:

Kit Connor earned himself a second Emmy with that last scene, Christ. It’s crazy how good he is, especially for his age. Also, the chemistry he has with Joe carries the show for me.

that scene has me in shambles, he was acting his ass off.

I think the first season was more engaging to me overall. this season not as much until the last few episodes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Idky i have a feeling James Gunn abd DC will snatch him for a role. He's got this written all over him. 

Anyway... Excited to watch but i have to wait until the next weekend :chick3: i don't think i can wait that long and ill cheat-watch

It might be a while until they snatch him, word on the street is that Kit’s doing Shakespeare on stage next.

I just finished the entire second season and I loved it, and since it easily surpassed its last season, there were many stories, all of them interesting, even the teachers had their moment of love, I loved everything, I adore this cast and I hope Netflix bets more series like this, young guy royals and this:clap3:

We need happy stories, enough trauma in the lgtbq+ communit:hug:

Episode 3 stuff:

Spoiler

Oh wow okay so this episode sort of played like an anti 1x03 and I think it worked for the most part. The entirety of the Tao and Elle date being so awkward yeah they nailed that :dies: Will gave a great performance when he was talking to Charlie at the party I was actually quite surprised. Yaz sort of letting the team down as I feel like her acting is starting to seem like the weakest out of the main cast. The chaos and intensity of the party with the soundtrack worked really well and again felt almost like an opposite Clear Blue moment. Charlie telling Harry to p*ss off like Nick did at the party as well. The Charlie and Nicks mum scene definitely felt shoe horned in I just know Joe was pestering Alice to have a scene with Olivia :lmao:Charlie being the protective boyfriend and reassuring Nick for a change at the end of the ep was really really cute but again… 3 episodes in now and he just seems to be sticking to the supportive boyfriend arc with little else to do. Not really happy with the sidelining at all, like yes we get it Kit can act but like 3 episodes mainly centred around him and barely even two scenes for Tara and Darcy or Isaac (and again another new character just being dropped on us and we’re expected to just roll with it for James). The season definitely hasn’t been as seamless as the first so far but definitely still enjoying it. I think I’m just being hypercritical because its one of my fave shows and I see the potential so much. Also absolutely hate both the short lengths of the episodes and the stupid binge culture that streaming services have created, I miss weekly discussions and conversations about 1 episode.

Finished it last night and I think I prefer this season over the first one which was already perfect. I'm really glad that queer representation like this exists and is smashing because it's such a well-crafted show. The attention to detail is simply incredible.

Gonna do a second watch soon obv but I need S3 like..right now.

oprah-crying.gif

Spoiler

I do kinda hate how it just ended abruptly unlike S1, but I'm guessing it's because S3 was already confirmed and they'll pick up from here. I don't read the comics so I don't know what's actually happening next and I hope all the minor plotlines get their justice because this show is soooo good at it so far.

Other than that, I love how they tried to tackle some darker topics/issues while also keeping the wholesome, positive, and optimistic vibe of the show going. Irdgaf if people think that's "too unrealistic, it's basically a fairytale!!!".

One of the things I love the most about this show is that while Charlie & Nick are the obvious leads, it’s definitely an ensemble cast and the other characters have a good amount of screen time and storylines. The balance of the characters is quite remarkable. :heart2:

The scene with Seven playing had me tearing up omg. Simple queer joy. Perfect use of one of my favorite songs. :jonny2:Run Away With Me playing as Tao finally asks Elle to be his gf was amazing too. The soundtrack stays slapping.

The Paris trip was fantastic. It honestly deserved to be an entire season of its own. The budget jumped out.:jonny5:

I have so many thoughts lemme just watch again.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 3

Btw I keep forgetting how ******* annoying Heartstopper's fanbase actually is because I try my best to avoid them (esp on Twitter) but I wanted to check out some reactions and see what they're currently discussing and dear lorrrd :skull:

Spoiler

re: the sex discourse

Why the **** do people care this much about two minors having sex omg? :skull: Like I'm seeing people really saying them not having sex completely makes their queer experience unrealistic and/or conservative. :deadbanana4: I'm fully aware that teenagers also have sex!!! duh. but this is weird criticism. Seeing people throw such fits about the lack of sex in a show like this is just gross. :skull: 

Many people (including grown-ups) tend to date for months (some literally years) without sex. Some people date and break up before doing it.

I personally thought the scene in the hotel about them wanting to do it but not feeling ready yet was quite refreshing. And they will most likely get to it in future seasons. They're just not there yet. 

• Like 5

Mr. Farouk has no business being that fine :jonny4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Nick "I'm bi, actually." Nelson! :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

also they just had sex in the latest comic update so... 

omg

spacer.png

Just finished season 2 and :jonny5: 

I love the direction that they are going with.

Season 1 was viewed under rose colored glasses but I loved how season 2 is showing that not everything is as great as they made it seem. With the family struggles that Nick faces, Charlie's eating disorder (that we have only just touched), Darcy's homophobic household. Honestly those last 10 minutes brought me to tears. I think I'm going to just end up reading the graphic novels because I need to know where everything is headed.

Need season 3 ASAP 

5 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Finished it last night and I think I prefer this season over the first one which was already perfect. I'm really glad that queer representation like this exists and is smashing because it's such a well-crafted show. The attention to detail is simply incredible.

Gonna do a second watch soon obv but I need S3 like..right now.

oprah-crying.gif

Hide contents

I do kinda hate how it just ended abruptly unlike S1, but I'm guessing it's because S3 was already confirmed and they'll pick up from here. I don't read the comics so I don't know what's actually happening next and I hope all the minor plotlines get their justice because this show is soooo good at it so far.

Other than that, I love how they tried to tackle some darker topics/issues while also keeping the wholesome, positive, and optimistic vibe of the show going. Irdgaf if people think that's "too unrealistic, it's basically a fairytale!!!".

One of the things I love the most about this show is that while Charlie & Nick are the obvious leads, it’s definitely an ensemble cast and the other characters have a good amount of screen time and storylines. The balance of the characters is quite remarkable. :heart2:

The scene with Seven playing had me tearing up omg. Simple queer joy. Perfect use of one of my favorite songs. :jonny2:Run Away With Me playing as Tao finally asks Elle to be his gf was amazing too. The soundtrack stays slapping.

The Paris trip was fantastic. It honestly deserved to be an entire season of its own. The budget jumped out.:jonny5:

I have so many thoughts lemme just watch again.

I was shocked Netflix gave them the budget to film at the Eiffel Tower. It is so expensive to film there. I thought they were going to green screen the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre lol. 

1 hour ago, Desire said:

Just finished season 2 and :jonny5: 

I love the direction that they are going with.

Hide contents

Season 1 was viewed under rose colored glasses but I loved how season 2 is showing that not everything is as great as they made it seem. With the family struggles that Nick faces, Charlie's eating disorder (that we have only just touched), Darcy's homophobic household. Honestly those last 10 minutes brought me to tears. I think I'm going to just end up reading the graphic novels because I need to know where everything is headed.

Need season 3 ASAP 

I agree with this take! Yeah you should read the novels because S3 is going to be a lot more serious and darker :dancehall3:

Spoiler

I can see S3 ending with Charlie going to a treatment center for his ED. Plus with the expanded storylines for the ensemble cast, especially for Darcy, I fear we will get more dark stuff than we get from the graphic novel that’ll be adapted for season 3.

On 8/4/2023 at 4:19 PM, ChapelHooker said:

not just that (and yes, both of them are able to lift up the most cheesiest of lines) but especially this season it hit me just HOW much they look like their comic counterparts. it’s like Alice drew them with them in mind. the casting in this show is perfection. 

i loved that Tori had more scenes this season, she is so compelling as someone who has a defensive older sister lmao. 

It would be cool if Solitaire was adapted as well. 

On 8/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, Augmented said:

Think I’m going to try and do 1 episode a day, not sure if I will stick to it but I really really don’t want to binge it this time…after going through my rewatch and watching episode one I have to say it; this might get me dragged but It’s so interesting to me how the show that is supposedly too “clean and innocent” manages to sell physical intimacy better then 95% of the gay couples in both teen AND adult queer media :clap3:

EP 1 stuff ( it’s a lot of thoughts so feel free to ignore :dies:)

Hide contents

Well looks like we are staying on theme with Taos angsty personality because the way he reacted to Nick was :skull: The way Imogen’s actress delivers lines genuinely has me creasing like it’s so unintentionally funny I love her. Sort of mad that to keep her around this season she has to be connected to Ben in some way :biblio: Really not happy with them keeping Ben around tbh like one episode in and I already feel like he’s overstayed his welcome on the show, genuinely feels like a case of Alice having to come up with a drama plot to keep him around because the cast grew too attached to him and wanted him to still be involved :michael: Was not expecting Charlie’s parents to react like that omg the way they made it weird instantly… also omg Jenny Walser said yes you are going to see me for 5 seconds at a time but I’m going to absolutely sell it because the emotion in Tori’s eyes when she was looking at Charlie at the end of the episode :cries: Fearing for my life that the spoiler I posted in the other page is going to end up being true because Charlie’s monologue at the end of the episode was definitely giving “I’m getting the supportive boyfriend arc this season”. Nick already felt like the standout role as you progressed through season 1 so I hope they don’t do that again and shift the focus more back on Charlie instead.

Ben/Sebastian Croft 

Spoiler

Isn’t returning for s3 according to an interview I’ve just read

On 8/3/2023 at 10:11 AM, Crazy kid said:

Also Kit is so much more chiseled this season. I was shook multiple times when he was in a scene

I’m obsessed with his big booty :WAP:

On 8/3/2023 at 9:53 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Well hello, let's celebrate that 

@original_lifeline @lillavend3r

i will celebrate it when I'll hear this flop ballad with my own ears (which i still did not, even if I'm on the 7th episode out of 8). plus the song isn't included to official S2 playlist on Spotify 

i feel like it's a bit stalling in terms of the pace comparing to S1... like do we need that many side quests :deadbanana2:

Is Tao supposed to be queer?

Or is the viewpoint of the writer “We believe trans-women are real women, therefore, Tao, a straight male being interested in her is just as natural as him being into a cis-girl”

I found it odd how him dating her is not treated as a big deal. There’s no reaction from anyone outside their friend group. You’d think it would make as much of a stir as a gay couple. 

• Thumbs Down 1

God that last scene really got me. Kit is such a great actor, an absolute star in the making.

Nearly all aspects of S2 are better than S1 except for Tao.

Spoiler

Dude was tips fedora incarnate. Other characters couldn’t blink without being subjected to a soliloquy about how Elle is so perfect. In high school, if your friend is struggling & all you do is coo over your crush, nobody has the patience for that! IRL, he would’ve been gathered together. When he slammed that jus de pomme on E’s table, scuttled off & pined from a distance.. Jughead from Riverdale teas. He had no probs or dimensions beyond his unflinching hunger to suck all the oxygen out of the room. Pls.. pls write him off. By the end, his face alone had me p’d off

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I was shocked Netflix gave them the budget to film at the Eiffel Tower. It is so expensive to film there. I thought they were going to green screen the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre lol. 

S1 didn't cost much tbh and the show was a huge success so I was expecting the budget to come through but not like this :WAP: I loved the way they made it feel like you were with them in the city. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, truthteller said:

i feel like it's a bit stalling in terms of the pace comparing to S1... like do we need that many side quests :deadbanana2:

It’s an ensemble cast. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.