Canada's Drag Race | Season 4 | Condragulations to the winner!

IlianVargas

4 hours ago, FOCK said:

Hard disagree. 

Aurora was arguably the queen with the clearest sense of perspective & identity, that was just as equally backed up by application, performance & execution, from the moment she entered the werkroom.

She also ate this finale, had the best written song, performance, finale lewk & she clearly won that lipsync.

Lacking “intelligence”?? Please explain that one. :/

I appreciate the significance of Venus winning and she’s been consistent all season, so I’m not mad, but it was clear riggory if based on this episodes challenges. She came just “nearah nuff” for production to justify it. 

Nelly was an outstanding guest & mentor & had such clear & genuine advice. Petition to replace Michelle - the only thing she can direct successfully is that one quizzical eyebrow - up and down - and even that’s struggling with the filler, we’ve “advanced” to a pursed lip. 

I’m glad this seasons over, Brooklyn’s wigs were getting more egregious with each episode. 

Aurora is an incredible performer and dancer, but she's 22 years old and everything she says feels like it was generated by Drag Queen AI. Who is she beyond pulling catch phrases from the Drag Race lexicon, having a great mug, and being able to do the splits? She's nice, but there was nothing for us to latch onto... no wit, no out of the box thinking or referencing, no natural charisma. All 4 of the finalists being under 28 did make me feel like I was watching Drag Race Junior, but there's something much more relatable about Venus. She understands interpersonal communication, she creates fun television moments that don't feel contrived, and she has an overall presence that I think Aurora lacks (including when she isn't lip syncing). 

I disagree that Aurora won the finale. I think she was second best, hence her placement. Of course these things are subjective though! 

Great season, absolutely loved it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Rigalo

• Hephaestus

• publikcitizen

Not even gonna bother with the finale I guess. Congrats to Venus but she's probably the weakest winner across all franchises :rip: but I knew the finale would be a dud after Kitten went home and chopping mother Melinda was the final nail in the coffin.

Either way, the season was a fun mess. Thank you Melinda for being an icon, thank you Aurora and Nearah for amazing lipsyncs :worship:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

I'm actually kind of surprised by Venus winning after her whole OnlyFans drama, but maybe this is a sign that WoW is being less judgmental about the queens having OF, which is ultimately a good thing.

• Thumbs Down 1

I have a sneaking suspicion Venus won cause Brooke Lynn wants to f*ck them.

Because there's no way a queen that doesn't pad, barely wears make-up, doesn't even tuck and looks like a lil boy in make-up just won. This season was so good and now everything is ruined.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Venus won cause Brooke Lynn wants to f*ck them.

Because there's no way a queen that doesn't pad, barely wears make-up, doesn't even tuck and looks like a lil boy in make-up just won. This season was so good and now everything is ruined.

That implies Brooke has a say in things. Aren’t the rumors that Production has the final say in order of elimination and winner? She’s just the mouthpiece?

• Thanks 1

I’m gonna say it… I’m very tired of “my song is about my Asian/native/autistic/trans/etc. identity and what it would mean for me to win”. It’s getting boring. They were all guilty of this. Yes, representation matters but it’s so BORING when that is all you have to say about yourself. That’s not a brand… and it just rubs me the wrong way to market it as such

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

the songs were terrible, poorly remastered/edited

weak finale

good season overall, I enjoyed it more than last UK season 

This was an okay season. Venus did well but everything about her is so calculated so I really can’t get into her.  

2 minutes ago, pxxxtrick said:

This was an okay season. Venus did well but everything about her is so calculated so I really can’t get into her.  

I believe the same could be said about any of the final 4

OK I've come to terms with Venus winning. She did look gorgeous in that last look, her song was cute, she did well on most challenges (no one was eating eating tbh) and she did serve a fun personality. Congratulations!

I think all 4 of the girls were serving Drag Race catchphrase echo chamber, so that wasn't much of a defining issue to me.

My main gripe is that she really wasn't doing drag for the rest of the season with the no tuck + barely any makeup combo. 

feelings on the winner aside can we appreciate how amazing Nelly was as a mentor??? they HAVE to bring her back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

correct winner :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

To be honest, only Kitten or Melinda would have been correct winners, so I don't really care about the outcome lol

At least this franchise gave us an incredible winner one time (Icesis :clap3:)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

To be honest, only Kitten or Melinda would have been correct winners, so I don't really care about the outcome lol

Priyanka is doing way more and is way more versatile tho. 😘 so it gave us Two. And Jimbo. 

I didn't watch but I just saw they crowned a bare faced man? ok king!

• Haha 9

I hate to dogpile but did anyone else think Venus crowning look was a little frumpy? The wrinkles on the front :rip: 

that said the photo shoot on the native land is kinda iconic 

14 hours ago, Alaska. said:

Priyanka is literally on We're Here while all Icesis did with the crown was go back on Drag Race just to quit

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Shinning said:

Priyanka is literally on We're Here while all Icesis did with the crown was go back on Drag Race just to quit

If Priyanka went back for All Stars, she would bomb so hard lmao

• Like 2

I hope for CDR 5, they’ll take what worked for S4 and take it to the next level on S5. Hopefully more queens like Melinda and Kitten while still having some queens like Venus or Denim to get a good balance. 

1 hour ago, IlianVargas said:

Really? I can see her doing well in the talent show, GG, hosting, rusical, improv, and maybe SG if she picks a better character 

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

I hope for CDR 5, they’ll take what worked for S4 and take it to the next level on S5. Hopefully more queens like Melinda and Kitten while still having some queens like Venus or Denim to get a good balance. 

Production has pretty much killed it (the "40 minutes before" after Melinda's rant alone :dies:), they just need to cast at least 2-3 seasoned heavyhitters so that they would have someone worthy of the crown. This season only had Kitten if we're being honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IlianVargas said:

we'll see about that

Everyone in her debating if Venus or Aurora deserved … WHY?!

we all know NONE of the 4 deserved.

this was a really good season while Melinda and Aimee were there. Other than that, another lackluster season from Canada. No other season is gonna match the cast that Season 1 had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.