Canada's Drag Race | Season 4 | Condragulations to the winner!

IlianVargas

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished ep. As much payola as Venus got this season, I think she was top 2 in the challenge since her song actually had a hook. Denim was awful. Nearah was great in the performance, but I agree the song was cluttered. Aurora was the best overall.

As soon as they announced the lip sync song, I knew it was a final rigging for Venus :rip: Trash. I actually love Try, but what a random ass song for a finale lip sync :rip:

Bad season and bad winner, but it had a nice middle stretch at least!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Rigalo

• Hephaestus

• publikcitizen

Such a weak finale. The individual song format was not it. At least make it like the US version and have each song tailored to the queens' aesthetic. With that said, Venus had the strongest verse. Giselle is devoid of charisma. Congrats to Venus, I guess.

This season was so rigged for the winner. I'm sorry but NO.  Aurora deserved.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I’m not mad at Venus winning. I think Aurora probably could/should have won but based on that finale, Venus cleared. It will be interesting to see her on a vs the world or all stars season. This was the weakest top 4 I’ve seen in a long time… if ever. I wish her all the success in the world. She could absolutely use this as a way to boost her drag and platform. I hope she uses this moment to grow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Nelly guiding them when recording was so fun to watch 

As much i was a bit meh with Venus during the entrire season,  seeing the 4 of them with their final looks on the stage next to each other felt like Venus was the winner with this gown and her height 

Final lipsync is usually not a banger because of the outfits they are wearing but i would DIE to see Aurora and Venus performing Maneater 

Also Gisele is probably one of the least interesting winners 

• Thumbs Down 1

Top 2 was correct

Bless Nelly's heart

Overall, a decent season

What a horrible way to end this enjoyable season...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Let it be KNOWN, Miss Venus with a penus did NOT win that lip sync despite production rigging it for her so she wouldn't get eaten up by Aurora! :fish2:

Aurora sweetie I'm so sorry. To be an actual lip sync assassin with a well rounded performance on the show and overlooked like this... Yikes.

• Thanks 7

Venus is the rightful winner. I love Aurora and have seen her perform many times in Toronto, but she lacks the star quality, point of view, and intelligence that Venus possesses. Being an incredible dancer isn't enough to win. I think Venus was the most well rounded finalist, and she also won the episode which put her track record on par with Aurora's if we're getting technical about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, djcalpal said:

Venus is the rightful winner. I love Aurora and have seen her perform many times in Toronto, but she lacks the star quality, point of view, and intelligence that Venus possesses. Being an incredible dancer isn't enough to win. I think Venus was the most well rounded finalist, and she also won the episode which put her track record on par with Aurora's if we're getting technical about it. 

What is Venus' pov exactly? Not tucking and barely wearing any make up? :deadbanana2:

Plus I genuinely don't believe she won the episode. She didn't even win the lip sync for the crown :skull:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, djcalpal said:

Hard disagree. 

Aurora was arguably the queen with the clearest sense of perspective & identity, that was just as equally backed up by application, performance & execution, from the moment she entered the werkroom.

She also ate this finale, had the best written song, performance, finale lewk & she clearly won that lipsync.

Lacking “intelligence”?? Please explain that one. :/

I appreciate the significance of Venus winning and she’s been consistent all season, so I’m not mad, but it was clear riggory if based on this episodes challenges. She came just “nearah nuff” for production to justify it. 

Nelly was an outstanding guest & mentor & had such clear & genuine advice. Petition to replace Michelle - the only thing she can direct successfully is that one quizzical eyebrow - up and down - and even that’s struggling with the filler, we’ve “advanced” to a pursed lip. 

I’m glad this seasons over, Brooklyn’s wigs were getting more egregious with each episode. 

• Like 1

How did Denim "transcend the binary" when they (using they bc I'm confused af at this point) went from one binary to the other? 

From the clips I've watched throughout the season, Aurora seemed like the winner to me. Venus is unlikeable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I’m so shocked that people ride so hard for Aurora who 

A) only skill possessed was dancing 

B) flopped anything else

C) sounded like if ChatGPT was a drag queen 

D) had the worse track record 

like what did she do that was winner worthy? Venus was consistently in the top and did the best this episode. She also is most well rounded. Not that deep m. Aurora is way too green. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

This was a cute finale until the crowning... :'( 

I like Venus, but I think Aurora deserved it more. She did better this season (without the payola) and is just a more put-together queen. Venus has a lot of potential and deserved Top2, but her growth post-show just highlights that it wasn't her time yet. She would've been a great contender for a VSTW or GAS in the future.

Also, the solo singles was a cute idea, but the song itself wasn't that great, the mixing could've been better, and they needed to put a bit more budget into the visuals of the performances. It ended up being a bit meh, but I think this idea could've been fierce with a better execution.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djcalpal said:

Her track record was better even without this episode. By a lot. She was in the top 6/8 episodes with zero bottoms vs Auroras in the top 3/8 episodes with 2 times being BTM3. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Rotunda said:

I think “consistent in challenges” is kinda a bare minimum for someone in the Top 2 of the season. 

Well Aurora flopped anything that wasn’t dance related. She was far from consistent. 

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

Out of all of Nelly's songs they chose THAT? :deadbanana2:

I love the song but it was out of place considering who the top 2 were. Powerless was right there, especially with the "shove away my ethnicity" line if they didn't wan't to go with a dance song.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Well Aurora flopped anything that wasn’t dance related. She was far from consistent. 

I don’t think that changes anything I said. I understand why Venus won, I just also think she’s the worst winner I’ve seen.

Edited by Rotunda

Venus is the worst winner in any season I’ve watched. I can’t remember a single thing she did except leave her c*ck out.

Blu you are SAFE! 

• Haha 4

Aurora won that lipsync :biblio:

• Like 1

venus was the most interesting of the 4 and deserved. wild that people wanted boring uncharismatic aurora to win, all she could do well was generic uninteresting lip syncs, no thanks.

Edited by keerbyriri
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I am not happy. Venus is so unlikeable and comes off like a cocky mean girl in her confessionals. Aurora was really robbed. 

But overall, this is my favorite season of Canada. I enjoyed it so much and getting to see Nearah lip sync so many times was a true gift. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I’m so shocked that people ride so hard for Aurora who 

A) only skill possessed was dancing 

B) flopped anything else

C) sounded like if ChatGPT was a drag queen 

D) had the worse track record 

like what did she do that was winner worthy? Venus was consistently in the top and did the best this episode. She also is most well rounded. Not that deep m. Aurora is way too green. 

!!

it’s so obvious Aurora is naturally skilled but doesn’t possess that level of grit you need in a winner. She’s no Luxx or Krystal Versace.  

and let’s not even get into her finale performance, baby shark lyrics and the recycled moves in the final lip sync. 

I guess I’ll give Aurora credit for her mug which was pretty good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mindbender said:

I am not happy. Venus is so unlikeable and comes off like a cocky mean girl in her confessionals. Aurora was really robbed. 

But overall, this is my favorite season of Canada. I enjoyed it so much and getting to see Nearah lip sync so many times was a true gift. 

What??? Venus is SO likeable to me and comes across as witty, sarcastic, and loving. She's so warm to the other girls, and has a quiet confidence (as she should). 

Crazy how we can watch the same thing and have such different perceptions! 

1 minute ago, djcalpal said:

What??? Venus is SO likeable to me and comes across as witty, sarcastic, and loving. She's so warm to the other girls, and has a quiet confidence (as she should). 

Crazy how we can watch the same thing and have such different perceptions! 

Wow! I just detect an ego that turns me off. For example, in comparing the ways Venus and Aurora both talked about taking Gisele's place as the next reigning queen, Venus's confessional just grinded my gears. She reminds me of folks in the gay world I have had negative interactions with so that's also what's going on in my head haha 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.