Canada's Drag Race | Season 4 | Condragulations to the winner!

IlianVargas

8 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Was thinking it’s between Denim and Venus but now leaning toward Venus or Aurora. I don’t mean this in a mean way but Aurora is the only one who’s particularly good at anything (performing) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they give her the win for that. Or maybe they see an AS in her future and will want to hold off? Either way I think Venus wins if she doesn’t and she would be an incredibly “weak” winner imo 

EDIT: nnnnn the Nearah erasure, she’s a great performer as well but her winning would maybe be the most shocking thing to ever happen on DR for me :rip: so I’m not even considering her 

The problem with Nearah is that she’s pretty much only good at lip syncing. Her snatch game was bad - especially when she opted to battle with Kitten for Jennifer Coolidge. The rusical showed that she’s got the same moves (the choreographer did some of the work and gave her the opportunity to add in some of her own stuff) that does in almost every performance. Her design aesthetic is weak as well. I could see her doing well on an all stars season. 

Aurora has been pretty consistently decent at everything else (her snatch game wasn’t great but that wasn’t a particularly memorable snatch game). I enjoyed her in the rusical and her design in the last challenge wasn’t really even bad (except for that one bit in the back). 

Venus hasn’t really excelled since week 1 but she hasn’t been terrible either? Her snatch game was okay but I agree with the boy in a dress comments. It’s lazy. I will credit her for stepping up her makeup game post filming though. She looks much better with an actual mug. 

Venim… the less said the better. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Rigalo

• Hephaestus

• publikcitizen

Spoiler

Erm... Congrats, I guess. We should have seen it coming from the moment a rosebud was given to her for that entrance look.

Anyway, onto the next season. :ryan:

• Like 1

Terrible ending. What they did with throughout the entire finale episode was very transparent. They put Venus in the pimp spot for the performances. They included so much of her story during her interview with Giselle while the others barely got a word included in the edit. They chose a slow song so she doesn’t get devoured by Aurora. They sang praises for her during the judges critiques and deliberation (“She saw the light and the darkness!”; “I almost killed myself too!”; “She was phenomenal since week 1!”) while giving muted praise to Aurora (“She was safe in the beginning”; “I like her song”; “She was good”).

Venus whipping out that suicidal story was the ultimate nail in the coffin for everyone. So tacky for her to pull that out at the last minute. 

Venus’s win just ticks off boxes for the producers. First west coaster winner (Aurora would’ve been the 4th east coaster in 4 seasons). First indigenous. First fashion queen. Sometimes I hate how this show crafts storylines and prioritizes  the meta aspect of it all rather than just crowning the actual best queen of the season.

Edited by ALittleGauche
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

wait what? :psyduck: rigged.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just finished, not shocked lol 

Melinda looks so sexy in finale eleganza :gaycat1:

4 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

Venus’s win just ticks off boxes for the producers. First west coaster winner (Aurora would’ve been the 4th east coaster in 4 seasons). First indigenous. First fashion queen. Sometimes I hate how this show crafts storylines and prioritizes  the meta aspect of it all rather than just crowning the actual best queen of the season.

Unfortunately this is very true. It sort of feels like she won because she is Indigenous tbh.

I get the sense that CDR has been really trying to tick a box every season. S1 a popular queen from Ontario, S2 a queen from the capital (deserved obvi, only one that does not feel rigged), S3 a francophone from Quebec, and now S4 an Indigenous queen. 

Very happy to see the Métis representation, but I would have preferred an unbiased competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I would say that I'm shocked by this outcome but I should have known better given how this franchise overall treats Asian queens. The way they even tossed that other girl a ballad so the riggory didn't seem as obvious (yet she still got out-performed by Ms. Matrix). :deadbanana2:

Also that final critique section with "oh uh, I almost killed myself last year" was quite pathetic and cringe...:coffee2:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Venus may have the weakest body of work of any winner ever. Even Kylie and Blu gave more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

littlebodybigheart

that finale was…unsatisfying to say the least

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, IlianVargas said:

I get the sense that CDR has been really trying to tick a box every season. S1 a popular queen from Ontario, S2 a queen from the capital (deserved obvi, only one that does not feel rigged), S3 a francophone from Quebec, and now S4 an Indigenous queen. 

S5 will probably try to crown a Calgary or Atlantic queen (PEI/Newfoundland) lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Venus may have the weakest body of work of any winner ever. Even Kylie and Blu gave more.

idk about that. i enjoyed her quite a bit. i thought she was good TV and was consistent in the challenges. Overall, I can't complain and I hope Venus winning will bring more light to indigenous rights in Canada. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Weird finale.  Top 2 should have been Aurora Vs. Nearah with Aurora as the winner. 

Historic week for indigenous representation with Lily Gladstone winning at the Golden Globes,  Echo on Disney+, and Venus as the first indigenous winner. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

idk about that. i enjoyed her quite a bit. i thought she was good TV and was consistent in the challenges. Overall, I can't complain and I hope Venus winning will bring more light to indigenous rights in Canada. 

I think “consistent in challenges” is kinda a bare minimum for someone in the Top 2 of the season. 

Edited by Rotunda

This franchise just doesn't give a **** huh? :bibliahh:

Wears barely ANY makeup and looks a mess with no padding. If you're gonna refuse to pad at least serve fashion. What a horrendous winner :skull:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Morissette said:

Wears barely ANY makeup and looks a mess with no padding. If you're gonna refuse to pad at least serve fashion. What a horrendous winner :skull:

Ok, but Venus looks amazing post filming. She definitely had a glow up with her mug. 

• Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Moderator

Thank god that terrible Drag-4-Us style child did not win a drag competition of this stature.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
35 minutes ago, Morissette said:

If you think that’s bad you should take a look at the fashion crimes committed by the runner up this season. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Meh. I'm not surprised because I predicted Venus would win, but I kind of felt like Aurora deserved it more overall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Venus is the only one with a winner energy BUT the good sis did not earn that crown throughout the season. Kinda hoping they'd give to Denim so they won't cast that drag archetype anytime soon. :fan: But congrats! 

• Thumbs Down 1

Venus is the only one with a winner energy BUT the good sis did not earn that crown throughout the season. Kinda hoping they'd give to Denim so they won't cast that drag archetype anytime soon. :fan: But congrats! 

• Thumbs Down 1

Oh jesus gross

When she said I'm different...I don't tuck or block my brows...

And to have that promo red wig representing this season now...Upsetting in ways I can't even fathom yet

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Denim changing the T in C.U.N.T. from "talent" to "transgender" in the lyrics of her song... At least she's self-aware

spacer.png

Edited by feelslikeadream
  • Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.