Charmed: Original Series Discussion | Complete Blu Ray Boxset Released

Miley Cyrus

On 5/15/2023 at 1:44 PM, The Slayer said:

@Miley Cyrus

Soooooo, I met them and omg they were all absolutely amazing!

Rose is literally the sweetest person ever, she really listened and at one point she grabbed my hand and held it while I was talking to her about something personal. She gave me a massive hug and we took selfies together. I went on the second day of the con and she she was 'HEYYYY, we meet again' and was so so sweet, like it was unreal. I met her quite a few times throughout the weeked (auto/photo sessions), when it was my trio photo she came rushing up to me saying omg hey and came hugged me and brought me over to Shannen and Holly. The next day she signed my Charmed trio picture of me with her, Holly and Rose and she was telling me how good I looked. I can't say enough nice things about Rose. She was talking about how she had been quite sick for the past two years and is finally getting better, she seemed like she was in SUCH a good place, it was so nice to see. She was my favourite of the weekend, she just radiated so much warmth:heart:

All of the Charmed cast had HUMONGOUS lines to meet them, the demand :jonny6:

Holly was likewise super, super sweet and is even more hilarious in person. Such a lovely woman, she spelled my name incorrectly and got a new photo and signed it with a sweet message. I saw her a lot of the weekend too and was just lovely, I saw her on the second day to sign my trio picture that I took with them and she said i'll spell your name right today and winked, I was surprised she remembered me as they literally saw hundreds and hundreds of people. I even said 'wow i'm shocked you remembered' and she said ofcourse! I did not realise how much work it is that they do on these cons, it looks exhausting, she was obviously tired by the end of the day but kept going and had a smile on her face for the fans! I was alone with Shannen and Rose and it was just us while Rose was getting water and it was just so nice speaking to them, Holly was so cute and just grabbed me and saying how nice it was to see me again.

Shannen was also lovely, she was visibly tired though and took a few breaks (which was understandable). You can see she found it a lot, she even said to me on the Saturday that it had been a long day for her. She did a cheeky laugh when I told her this was my power of three (without Phoebe)  :fan:

I can't say enough nice things about these three.

Also, omg Brian was SOOOOO chatty and is so bubbly. Such a genuinely nice man, pure good vibes. He kept talking and talking, he properly took the time out to just chat, he was loving it and was in his element. He was like 'I'm going to Canterbury where they do the chocolate', I said are you sure it is Canterbury and not Cadbury and he realised :deadbanana2::fan: Love him.

Drew is so hot in person, he was also extremely talkative and such a joker. Another really nice guy and has a lot of time for you.

They all took their time to properly talk to you, which was so nice. Also it was so nice to see them all interact with eachother during their signings, going up to eachother and chatting and having jokes, they truly are all close. Rose in particular out of three probably took the most time with each person.

I got selfies with all of them, as well as professional photographs and autographs! All worth it and such an amazing experience.

Also someone passed out meeting Brian and Holly so medics came and got a wheel chair for them :deadbanana2:

---

In regards to the Charmed Q&A panel, we were not allowed to record it.

The most interesting parts:

- Shannen said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up of the Power Of Three yet, hinting at Prue, Piper and Paige - it was insanely obvious this is what she meant :jonny6: As someone asked Holly what her favourite Power of Three was and Shannen butted in and asked do you mean 'Prue, Piper and Phoebe' or 'Piper, Paige and Phoebe' and then said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up :fan: They all laughed and looked at eachother and Holly said 'somebody take this mic away from me', so she didn't have to confirm or deny :fan:

- Shannen said we may see something from this line-up, Prue, Piper and Paige one day, it sounded like they were doing something - not necessarily a reboot or anything but definitely something from what she was hinting.

- They were asked what a reboot would look like if they had their say and they said 'you're looking at it' - Prue, Piper, Paige, Leo and Chris. More shade :fan:

- Rose confirmed she is working on a second book.

- Shannen said she had been writing too, perhaps a book too?

- Rose was asked what it was like when she was asked to join a show that known to be 'toxic' on set. Literally everyone gasped when they got asked :fan: Holly hilariously said again 'somebody take this mic from me' :fan:. Rose said 'LALALALALA' to try block it out and said all I heard was Toxic by Britney Spears and Rose began singing like 20 seconds to Toxic to everyone and we all LOVED it. Rose said in all seriousness something along the lines of it was mostly good despite some toxic-ness, hinting at Alyssa.

- Rose said she was so proud to be a part of the Charmed family and for giving her a family, she loves seeing there are people of different races, shapes, sizes, genders loving Charmed. She said playing Paige has given people who felt like the odd one out to relate to her and she's heard like that and she can relate to Paige on that front.

It was genuinely such a hilarious panel, I could say so much more but those were the main bits!

Summary:

All of the cast were incredible and amazing to meet, Rose was my favourite of the weekend :heart:

i love this summary :weeps: 

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• livelikemusic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Dream

37 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

i love this summary :weeps: 

Truly an amazing weekend, if you ever get the chance to meet them definitely do it :heart:

What would y'all's rankings of the seasons look like?

For me it's:

#1. Season 3

#2. Season 1

#3. Season 4

#4. Season 2

#5. Season 5

#6. Season 6

#7. Season 8

#8. Season 7

9 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I really hate how the show treated Cole like a villain even though he was possessed and brainwashed the whole time.

3 hours ago, John Slayne said:

omg that would've been even more awful than what they did to Cole. I personally hated how he was treated all throughout S5, the girls kind of made him a villain with their prejudice. he should've stayed on the show as Phoebe's partner. 

It legit made no sense the way they butchered his character in season 5. I totally understand Phoebe not wanting to be with him anymore because he triggers her dark side, but the show should've focused more on that and her trauma. Instead we got 12 episodes of "you're evil, you're evil! You will never amount to anything good." What an unsatisfying way to end the show's most interesting couple. Charmed had a big problem sticking the landing with these storylines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

For me it's:

#1. Season 3

#2. Season 1

#3. Season 4

#4. Season 2

#5. Season 5

#6. Season 6

#7. Season 8

#8. Season 7

1. Season 4

2. Season 3

3. Season 1

4. Season 2

5. Season 6

6. Season 7

7. Season 8

8. Season 5

For the sisters for me it's:

1. Piper

2. Prue

3. Paige

4. Phoebe

For the Seasons:

1. Season 3

2. Season 4

3. Season 2

4. Season 5

5. Season 1

6. Season 6

7. Season 7

8. Season 8

1. Season 4

2. Season 3

3. Season 2

4. Season 1

5. Season 5

6. Season 6

7. Season 7

8. Season 8

Love the serialized format for season 4, it's so rewatchable. Them going back to the episodic format was disappointing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

For me it's:

#1. Season 3

#2. Season 1

#3. Season 4

#4. Season 2

#5. Season 5

#6. Season 6

#7. Season 8

#8. Season 7

Pretty much this rank, except, I would swap season six with seven season, and then rank season eight last.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, chosensparkles said:

I'm glad Buffy stayed consistent to the great quality from 1-7, one of my fav shows not ruined by time passing by

I've just started watching Buffy now, halfway through season 1 and honestly, it reminds me a lot of Charmed season 1.

11 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I've just started watching Buffy now, halfway through season 1 and honestly, it reminds me a lot of Charmed season 1.

Haha, that'll change. Trust me. 😉

On 9/21/2023 at 8:14 AM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

“Buffy” doesn’t actually start until Season 2, that’s when Joss Whedon fully took control of the show. You’ll notice a drastic change in the direction along with the budget in the Season 2 premiere. If you want, just watch the S1 finale and skip to Season 2. 

Here’s an epic trailer of the whole series so you can see how much the quality improves.

Edited by Buffy

On 9/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, Buffy said:

If you want, just watch the S1 finale and skip to Season 2. 

Ehh. I would never recommend that. The first season is not as horrible as people make it out to be, and to suggest skipping the two-part premiere and the seventh episode is a choice.

I sometimes wish the show kept the darker "The Craft" vibe from the pilot and some of season 1.

The more I think about it, the more I realise that I genuinely really enjoyed Season 5 and Season 6. They're not perfect by any stretch of the word, but they're really entertaining and fun. It's really Season 7 that sucked the life out of the show.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

The more I think about it, the more I realise that I genuinely really enjoyed Season 5 and Season 6. They're not perfect by any stretch of the word, but they're really entertaining and fun. It's really Season 7 that sucked the life out of the show.

Oh see, I felt like the seventh season restored some of what the fifth and sixth seasons took away from those first four seasons, and then the eighth season just... destroyed it all to Hell and back.

55 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Oh see, I felt like the seventh season restored some of what the fifth and sixth seasons took away from those first four seasons, and then the eighth season just... destroyed it all to Hell and back.

Season 8 is not as bad as Season 7, which felt like a big compromise to me. It's not on par with the first four seasons, or even Seasons 5 and 6, but I didn't mind it too much, especially not it the final few episodes. The first five or six episodes were a pain though.

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Season 8 is not as bad as Season 7, which felt like a big compromise to me. It's not on par with the first four seasons, or even Seasons 5 and 6, but I didn't mind it too much, especially not it the final few episodes. The first five or six episodes were a pain though.

The eighth season, for me, looking back after a re-watch, felt like the main three had zero passion, beyond a few episodes. It's disappointing, but, at that point, The WB were done with them, and vice-versa.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:35 PM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

For me it's:

#1. Season 3

#2. Season 1

#3. Season 4

#4. Season 2

#5. Season 5

#6. Season 6

#7. Season 8

#8. Season 7

I would switch up 6 and 7, other than that you're spot on :clap3:

6 is quite bad, it has a very strong start and finish, + the whole Chris storyline thread was ok overall but good god half the season is composed of weak standalone episodes. but nothing will reach the low of lows of season 8, there's 4-5 episodes in that season that are easily the worst of the show. season 7 is not great but at least it's more consistent thoughout with less standalone fillers. 

3 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

yeah same feeling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

I would switch up 6 and 7, other than that you're spot on :clap3:

6 is quite bad, it has a very strong start and finish, + the whole Chris storyline thread was ok overall but good god half the season is composed of weak standalone episodes. but nothing will reach the low of lows of season 8, there's 4-5 episodes in that season that are easily the worst of the show. season 7 is not great but at least it's more consistent thoughout with less standalone fillers. 

I feel like even the filler episodes of Season 6 (The Power of Three Blondes, Witchstock, Witch Wars etc.) are funny and well-done.

Season 7's filler like the pirate episode or the one about guardian angels or the one about Pandora's Box are woefully dull and feel reductive, it feels like ground the show had already covered and there was room for more exploration in the show. I'm surprised Charmed never did a musical episode, especially when they had Billy Zane around. Alyssa Milano had a career as a teen pop singer in Japan in the late 80s/early 90s, and Rose McGowan has always had musical inclinations and even put out an album in 2020. 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:50 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I sometimes wish the show kept the darker "The Craft" vibe from the pilot and some of season 1.

I believe that's what Shannon wanted before she departed.

On 10/1/2023 at 8:42 PM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I'm surprised Charmed never did a musical episode, especially when they had Billy Zane around. Alyssa Milano had a career as a teen pop singer in Japan in the late 80s/early 90s, and Rose McGowan has always had musical inclinations and even put out an album in 2020. 

I'm glad to be honest :rip: musical episodes in shows are horrible 

Controversial ranking but haven't watched in awhile... 

Season 3

Season 4

Season 2

Season 1

Season 7

Season 8

Season 5

Season 6

The last two swap a lot, as do the top two. Season 7 and 8 at least had Season long arcs. Season 5 and 6 had almost none either than baby/their children ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.