🇬🇧 RuPaul's Drag Race UK | S6 E1 | Cabaret Talent Show

Hephaestus

1 hour ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

How did Danny not win this week :rip: She was the only decent one. 

I think there are better queens on this season but I Lowkey want Jonbers in the top 4 over Pixie :rip: not one stand out moment. At least Jonbers bird in the rusical was good.

they're pushing Cheeto so hard, she didn't deserve to win the Family Resemblance either, she's such discount Sasha Velour

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• KFC

• Roberto

This is the first time I gave up watching a Drag Race season. Maybe I'll tune in for the finale.

The universal panning 

idk if this is like “problematic” to say about bearded queens but it almost bothers me that Danny’s whole brand  is her beard but she’s covered it up/tried to make it blend in to her face almost every runway. It just doesn’t make sense to me, your name is Danny BEARD and we can see the hairs poking out now matter how much make up she cakes on them 

that being said, Danny for the win. Peppa’s my fave but is doing atrocious, cheddar is frankly not that interesting to me and the others are there 

6 minutes ago, Riot said:

This is the first time I gave up watching a Drag Race season. Maybe I'll tune in for the finale.

Same. Keeping up through Nina's Rawviews :bird:

3 hours ago, Almodusa said:

Are there 2 eps left?

Fortunately

Hmm, idk the acting challenge was pretty mediocre but I kind of liked everything else about the episode besides the challenge. The queens have grown on me, especially Danny and Jonbers. Pixie is still annoying but not as annoying as past episodes. All the interactions this episode were endearing or funny to me. I also had to laugh at the Dakota stanning from the cast and everyone thinking it was a mistake to eliminate her :ahh: The way production knew they ****ed up and needed to do some damage control. 

I also don’t get the Cheddar hate? She’s definitely a bit hoity toity, but I think she’s still humble, silly and a good grounding point for viewers to get context into a certain concept/situation for. I would love to see her win and she’d probably be my favorite UK winner along with Legend Versace. Her perspective on drag is very interesting to hear about and her brand is also well defined without feeling repetitive or boring.

Peppa has completely fizzled out obviously, both in challenges, performances and personality but at least she’s still serving looks.

That all being said, I thought Danny won the challenge (tbh, I only laughed at her parts for the most part besides the one Reddit spoiler line from Cheddar) and I thought Jonbers won the lipsync. I’m not as uninvested in this season as others seem to be because despite one of Danny and Cheddar being the obvious winner, I think it’s impossible to tell who’s gonna win so the suspense is definitely keeping me interested. I’d personally choose Cheddar but I now think Danny would be an excellent winner too.

Honestly people loved UK2 but by this point in the competition, it was pretty much the same exact elimination situations? A’whora is the Dakota in that they were eliminated “unfairly”, especially when both were pretty much the only other real competitors for the crown. Tayce and Peppa are similar in that they’re both great performers with great looks, but obviously have no chance at the crown since they bomb almost every week and lipsync too much. Jonbers and Pixie are like Ellie in that both have pretty much overstayed their welcome, but they continue to roach through the competition every week to the very end. Lawrence/Bimini were the only two real competitors for the crown at this point just like Cheddar and Danny. UK2 also had a pretty tragic acting challenge at this point as well with BeastEnders.

So yeah, I do think UK2 was better than UK4 is, but a lot of the complaints about UK4 seem to apply similarly to UK2. I fear UK Hun has gaslit people into thinking that season was more flawless than it actually was.

Wait I just realised that UK2, UK3 AND the current season all didn't eliminate anybody in the top 5 acting challenge :skull: what a pre-determined sham

28 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Wait I just realised that UK2, UK3 AND the current season all didn't eliminate anybody in the top 5 acting challenge :skull: what a pre-determined sham

And in both UK2 and UK4, the previous lipsync deserved the double shantay more. Justice for Awhora and Dakota.

• ATRL Moderator

Tried to watch the latest ep but it's SO BORING without Dakota. 

Fast-forwarded to the end and now we have to see this bland top five an EXTRA week??? :bibliahh: A nightmare.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, xrosup said:

Pixie Polite leave already challenge. Do that challenge

Right like I've been waiting since episode 3.

Are Peppa's lipsyncs all the same? Just flailing around doing messy somersaults?

This might've been the worst acting challenge since McBitch.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Tayce and Peppa are similar in that they’re both great performers with great looks, but obviously have no chance at the crown since they bomb almost every week and lipsync too much.

Now gail. I tend to agree with your posts in many threads across ATRL.net, but this comparison is not the tea :chick3:

Peppa has been in the bottom because she bombs most weeks. She's not funny, not a good actor, not charismatic, etc. Literally a look queen.

Tayce was in the bottom because RuPaul was mad she has a healthy relationship with her father. Tayce was a great actor (she was one of the best in BeastEnders) did well in comedy challenges (she was B2 in ep 8 for storyline purposes to send Awhora home), and OOZED charisma and natural humor in her confessionals. She was def one of the narrators of the season.

Very importantly, while you say they're both great performers, Tayce is actually one of the best lip syncers in the show's history. She showcased range. Peppa could never serve the Memory lip sync that Tayce did.

I understand you're not saying they're exactly the same or anything, but even putting them together this way feels wrong because Tayce is that. girl. and BP peaked in episode 1.

Seriously it must've been Ru's transphobic ass acting up because Dakota was like the only queen with star quality left :rip: 

oh well Cheddar would still a better winner than Blu (not that the tittle means much nowadays anyway)

Jonbers is just not convincing as a "fashion girl". She is not SERVING in the same way that queens like A'whora, Krystal and Bimini did. She comes off like the fashion intern who desperately wants to walk runways but just doesn't have any it factor. Fashion should be effortless. Bimini is a top tier fashion girl for that very reason. 

With that said, Jonbers has worn some cute stuff. Would be even cuter on a true fashion queen. 

Cheddar doesn't live up to her hype :rip: You're told she's this amazing legendary queen and the show rewards her for it, but it doesn't translate on screen. Her girl groups win? Won by default. Her snatch game win? Meh, there weren't any jokes in sight. Her makeover win? Sure, but Danny could've won too. And this week's acting challenge win? I'm sorry but she was not hilarious, even Jonbers was better to me and she was awful, but at least she was comedically awful. 

I know the race is between is between Cheddar and Danny and we're supposed to believe they're neck and neck but Danny is a much stronger Drag Race competitor.

yeah if I were Danny I'd be pissed. Danny has the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent down and has been overlooked 2 weeks in a row now

the only redemption this season could have is if Danny wins but the chances are very very slim atp

Edited by Nikko

Top 6 shouldve been Sminty, Peppa, Cheddar, Dakota, Danny & Starlet :shakeno:

Im sorry but this season is below average 

The best moment so far was Dakota's lipsync 

Edit : Not the best moment , the only good moment 

Edited by shark_heather

2 hours ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

Top 6 shouldve been Sminty, Peppa, Cheddar, Dakota & Starlet :shakeno:

That’s five queens…

49 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

That’s five queens…

Mess i left out Danny :skull:

15 hours ago, xrosup said:

Cheddar doesn't live up to her hype :rip: You're told she's this amazing legendary queen and the show rewards her for it, but it doesn't translate on screen. Her girl groups win? Won by default. Her snatch game win? Meh, there weren't any jokes in sight. Her makeover win? Sure, but Danny could've won too. And this week's acting challenge win? I'm sorry but she was not hilarious, even Jonbers was better to me and she was awful, but at least she was comedically awful. 

I know the race is between is between Cheddar and Danny and we're supposed to believe they're neck and neck but Danny is a much stronger Drag Race competitor.

I agree, I think her SG was funny enough but playing historical charachters is such a lazy copout (not talking about 20th century ones ofc)
Danny needs to win the season, her solo wins were all deserved

Why is Jonbers still here? I hate to say it but she's a worse version of Elliott w 3 Ks.

Dakota should've stayed. Le Fil too over Jonbers. I am honestly disgusted.

I hope Cheddar or Danny take it.

18 hours ago, xrosup said:

I agree completely, I was expecting some sickening looks on the runway from Cheddar and what we've got so far has been mediocre at best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.