Yellowjackets: Season 2 | Showtime

Lee!!

1 hour ago, DoctorIce said:

Why the hell have they ruined continuity by adding new characters? :rip: The blonde chick in the baseball cap who hasn't even had any lines... why?

This was so silly. If they wanted to introduce new characters just to kill off they should have introduced other stranded people which i figured they would eventually bc of those symbols that were already there when they crashed.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncatena

• Leptine

• eclipsed

• Walk_Away21

yeah I'm out. it just doesn't grip my attention like the first season

having Christina Ricci back on my screen was cute for a bit but even that can't save this show atp

Literally nothing has happened in 6 episodes. wtf. 

• 2 weeks later...

well it took entirely way too long to move forward but i did think the most recent ep set us up for a good finale 

hmmm, maybe ill just binge when all the episodes are out, cause these comments are discouraging.

I loved S1 but S2 is absolutely tanking.  It's so incredibly boring, especially the present.  The cult which seemed so sinister and exciting at the end of S1 is... a wellness retreat where everyone is happy.  Adult Lottie is yet another misunderstood trauma victim as opposed to an actual villain.  The cops investigating Shauna has dragged on way too long.  Taissa's visions have yet to move the plot forward.  Adding Van has done absolutely nothing (and giving her cancer is lazy as ****).  And Natalie has been criminally underused.  Only Misty remains entertaining.

E8 has pushed me over the edge.  What was the point of having Javi go missing, then have him return mysteriously, unable to talk, only for him to die the second he says anything?  

Also, both the scenes with Shauna losing the baby and Natalie pulling the queen of hearts card lacked tension because of the present.  We knew the baby had to die, and we knew Natalie had to live.  Yawn.

Also, there are way too many visions and hallucinations.  And at this point they've hinted too heavily at supernatural involvement to not go all the way and pull the trigger.  Show the "demon" for real, or whatever the **** is "there with them."

Unless the finale is jawdropping, I'm going to be out after next week.   

4 hours ago, Miles. said:

I loved S1 but S2 is absolutely tanking.  It's so incredibly boring, especially the present.  The cult which seemed so sinister and exciting at the end of S1 is... a wellness retreat where everyone is happy.  Adult Lottie is yet another misunderstood trauma victim as opposed to an actual villain.  The cops investigating Shauna has dragged on way too long.  Taissa's visions have yet to move the plot forward.  Adding Van has done absolutely nothing (and giving her cancer is lazy as ****).  And Natalie has been criminally underused.  Only Misty remains entertaining.

E8 has pushed me over the edge.  What was the point of having Javi go missing, then have him return mysteriously, unable to talk, only for him to die the second he says anything?  

Also, both the scenes with Shauna losing the baby and Natalie pulling the queen of hearts card lacked tension because of the present.  We knew the baby had to die, and we knew Natalie had to live.  Yawn.

Also, there are way too many visions and hallucinations.  And at this point they've hinted too heavily at supernatural involvement to not go all the way and pull the trigger.  Show the "demon" for real, or whatever the **** is "there with them."

Unless the finale is jawdropping, I'm going to be out after next week.   

thank you for this. I watched the first two episodes... sounds like I don't really need to catch up. I'll watch the finale too just in case they have something interesting but...

what an absolute fumble. S1 was so promising

Yellowjackets consistently has been 2 shows in one: one is well acted, thrilling and has a plot. The other is nonsensical, has laughable performances, and is basically a plotless mess.

I surprisingly have liked a little bit more this season, just for the good half, while the other is way worse than S1. Someone kill adult Shauna please.

The worst part is that I think they are gonna sacrifice Juliette Lewis. On Twitter they said that she wasn't promoting the show that much, so...

1 hour ago, D/X said:

Yellowjackets consistently has been 2 shows in one: one is well acted, thrilling and has a plot. The other is nonsensical, has laughable performances, and is basically a plotless mess.

I surprisingly have liked a little bit more this season, just for the good half, while the other is way worse than S1. Someone kill adult Shauna please.

well, lynskey is the one who got most of the accolades for s1 

s2 is boring and ive only watched the promos and the finale in full- its like i didnt miss anything, didnt really progress from s1

I wasn't as down on the season overall as a lot of people have been, but boy the finale didn't work for me.

Spoiler

The stuff in the past worked and mostly made sense, though the Coach stuff was clunky (he was a strong character in season 1, but they really didn't know what to do with him here, feel like they just should have had Missy kill him in the end of season 1 like how it seemed she might at the time) and I guess they'll be hunting him next season after they figure out he burned down the cabin? I like losing the cabin as a storytelling choice though, can see how things would get darker and more dire after that.

The present stuff was a full blown disaster though. Like borderline Scooby doo level with the madcap antics of the cops and Walter/Jeff, just no dramatic tension to any of that. And then the "hunt" was so clunky, like we knew Tai/Van were being a bit weird about it, but there was just no explanation before or after as to why all of the women (other than Lottie) started hunting Shauna immediately. But then the second Callie shows up they all just snap back to normal and act like it wasn't a big deal and that Lottie is the only crazy one. And Natalie's death was being hinted at so heavily and what caused it was so random that it didn't feel very impactful like it should have.

Nooo.. Yall bumming me out after waiting to binge this season :fish2:

I just knew they'll ruin it 

On 4/20/2023 at 1:29 AM, eclipsed said:

I normally notice this in long running shows but it usually happens in their later seasons. The massive cast probably eats up a big chunk of the budget. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main actresses from the present day storyline is killed off by the end of the season, I could see them killing off

Juliette Lewis' character.

The way I called this. They better step it up for season 3 if they want to keep people watching.

I'm so disappointed with this season, particularly with the last two episodes.

Spoiler

in episode 8 I just can't wrap my head around how all the girls were so quick to start hunting each other. the showrunners should have dedicated at least 5-10 minutes for the girls to have some discussion over this. the fact that all of them agreed to hold this card drawing ritual so quickly is so mind-boggling. 

and when Nat gets the queen card, it's bewildering how none of the girls tried to come for her defense, they all just started running after her like crazy. I get that they are hungry, but hunting an actual person is a HUGE decision, at least one person among the group should have questioned doing it. 

the same goes for the adult versions in episode 9. like what the hell? they were opposed to the ritual in the first half of the episode and by the end suddenly all of them switch? it just doesn't make any sense. 

this season feels so incomplete, maybe there was an earlier draft of the script where the second season was supposed to have 10 episodes like the first one? 1 more episode could have provided enough time for a more natural progression of things. 

I'm so bummed out I don't think I will be watching the third season. I don't want to root for any of the characters anymore, they can all hunt each other down for all I care. 

This show is such a hidden yam! 

2 hours ago, Rino said:

I'm so disappointed with this season, particularly with the last two episodes.

Reveal hidden contents

in episode 8 I just can't wrap my head around how all the girls were so quick to start hunting each other. the showrunners should have dedicated at least 5-10 minutes for the girls to have some discussion over this. the fact that all of them agreed to hold this card drawing ritual so quickly is so mind-boggling. 

and when Nat gets the queen card, it's bewildering how none of the girls tried to come for her defense, they all just started running after her like crazy. I get that they are hungry, but hunting an actual person is a HUGE decision, at least one person among the group should have questioned doing it. 

the same goes for the adult versions in episode 9. like what the hell? they were opposed to the ritual in the first half of the episode and by the end suddenly all of them switch? it just doesn't make any sense. 

this season feels so incomplete, maybe there was an earlier draft of the script where the second season was supposed to have 10 episodes like the first one? 1 more episode could have provided enough time for a more natural progression of things. 

I'm so bummed out I don't think I will be watching the third season. I don't want to root for any of the characters anymore, they can all hunt each other down for all I care. 

thank you i 100% completely agree with everything you said and i also am checking out for s3

S2 was AWFUL. They should have waited to reveal who all were the survivors, ever since we knew, there’s just no suspense in the past timeline.  

The showrunners have said they have a 5 season plan but there is just SO much filler, it’s obvious they’re really dragging the story out, 1 to 2 seasons would have been enough :rip: 

also, a lot of the characters are SO unlikeable. New girls being introduced for the sole purpose of being eaten later on in the series. Shauna almost beating up Lottie to death like? And everyone just watching and letting it happen :rip:  Present day Natalie is so miserable. Tai and Van….meh. 

Misty is my fave, even though she’s done some truly awful things I still find myself rooting for her. (Her and Walter are so cute together ajskks) I really like Lottie too. So far she seems to be the scapegoat for the girls, blaming her for a lot of what happened out there but watching the past timeline they were all pretty awful with or without Lottie.

6 hours ago, ang said:

thank you i 100% completely agree with everything you said and i also am checking out for s3

it is a shame because this show was truly something special :gaycat6:

On 5/23/2023 at 9:29 PM, D/X said:

The worst part is that I think they are gonna sacrifice Juliette Lewis. On Twitter they said that she wasn't promoting the show that much, so...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ywo1mcepmzjaxuh9hc

Agree with the past posts and some reviews that have been out... they truly lost the plot with the present day timeline and it became the show's burden. Not gonna say that the 90's scenes don't have flaws, like

Spoiler

I agree with those saying that when they started the ritual to hunt themselves came out of nowhere and was rushed, also Nat being the leader... lmao

but other than that, if it was entirely focused on the 90's timeline, it would be a far superior series. Present day is pure non-sensical, corny filler. 

Yikes. Everyone is saying Season 2 is dreadful.

I don't remember the last time a trending TV show had such a rapid fall from grace? 

I think the girlies are being a bit melodramatic but yeah, it's overall a significant step down from S1. The last two episodes leave me very concerned for Season 3

Everything is much too wrapped up in the present day? The two murders, Lottie's cult, the girls now know all of eachother's secrets. We're left with Tai's sleepwalking which was completely dropped a few episodes in this season and  Van's cancer. Somehow the only one I find potentially exciting at this point is Callie being like Shauna and the implication that she enjoyed the thrill of the events towards the end of S2 - bringing an unhinged teenage girlie into the present day plotline sounds fruitful.

I'm fine with Nat dying in abstract, particularly at the hands of Misty which I think was a good choice, but it's kind of annoying considering she had nothing to do this season except become cult indoctrinated? The cult as a whole was fumbled sosososo badly - our conclusion in the end was that it really is just a wacky wellness centre and there isn't any sinister intent behind Lottie? Were we meant to believe her story about Travis? I'm fine with Lottie not being a villain but given how they set the cult up in season 1 - killing Travis, kidnapping nat, gangstalking the bank lady - it feels like they chickened out at the thought of having to write a more explicitly malicious survivor and group of people. 

Similarly, Javi definitely had to go because that boy is going to look older than the girls by next year lol, but it was frustrating that he was brought back, completely ignored and then immediately offed when something started to happen in his story again.

The initial cannibalism with Jackie was well handled but I agree that the hunt felt unearned. It narratively works at that point - they resort to it to save their jesus figure Lottie - but it just... happens. There's no framing or discussion about how they're gonna do it.

Idk they messed up a lot lol. On a positive note I think Episode 7 was one of my favourites yet, I still find it enjoyable on an episode-to-episode basis and I love how they're using young Misty. But it's not hitting the quality of S1 and given what we're left with now idk how they're gonna take us back to that standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly this second season was a disaster :shakeno:

The past story remained kind of decent but present one a total disaster, totally absurd and senseless, it's a shame because the cast is valid and it's the main reason I kept watching, but the writing for this season was awful, they didn't have valid ideas, not to mention the show totally lost the intriguing mystery vibe of the first season with tones of stupid choices-dynamics.

This season was truly giving trashy CW show.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:17 AM, eclipsed said:

Always love Lauren Ambrose and shes exceptional here as well. I'm honestly surprised by all the Emmy talk for younger Shauna. Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show bc the acting from the younger cast is only slightly better than what I would expect from a show like Pretty Little Liars :rip:

Lauren Ambrose is amazing, she should have won an Emmy for 'Servant'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.