My Policeman (Nov. 2022)| Starring Harry Styles & David Dawson | Now on Prime Video!

James_Dean

VtWlie7.jpg

Set in the 1950s in Brighton, a gay policeman named Tom (Styles) marries a school teacher named Marion (Corrin) while being in a relationship with Patrick (Dawson), a museum curator. The secret they share threatens to ruin them all.

Starring

Harry Styles

David Dawson

Emma Corrin

Linus Roache

Gina Mckee

Rupert Everett

Filming

9ILHb12.jpg

c7j5Niq.jpg

KOr06Eg.jpg

3PpkXNJ.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• storminthedark

• tbwtc

• LittleFreak

• 1 month later...

It’s from the daily mail so it should be taken with a pinch of salt but :duca:

Would Harry Styles Updates. @TheHarryNews lie?

Just now, fridayteenage said:

Would Harry Styles Updates. @TheHarryNews lie?

So edgy :heart: The title of the DM article is literally “Pop star Harry Styles is tipped for an Oscar after his 'masterful' performance in the upcoming drama My Policeman” so I’m not sure why you’re clowning on an update account for tweeting the same thing. 

The DM have had information about the film from the start with announcing Emma Corrin and David Dawson’s casting so it’s possible this source is legitimate, in which case literally what difference does it make for an update account to tweet the quotes they gave :rip: 

I’m so curious to see this movie. From someone I talked to who have seen both DWD and MP, this is definitely Harry’s movie and he’s great in it. I believe it’s coming in November, so that’s a good sign too. I don’t want to put too much stock into DM (especially since they mention supporting actor when he’s definitely the lead from what I heard, lol) — but I’m looking forward to see what happens

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how/ which film he will be campaigning for if they're both being released in the fall :huh:

We need a teaser or something. I'm dying for content :weeps:

Can't wait to see the trailer for this movie. It should be coming soon! 

Grammy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Harry Styles :jonnycat:

18 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

:heart:

So... that's it? No trailer?

I also thought we were getting the trailer today :weeps: But we at least know when it's coming out now. So excited!

"When director Michael Grandage, a prolific British theater director who found himself drawn to the story as a gay man, began looking for the trio of young actors to star in the 1950s-set story line, Styles was not on their radar. His team actually came to Grandage’s, saying that Styles had read the script and was very interested in the film.

Grandage met with Styles in his London office, and was immediately impressed by the pop star. Styles, known best for his time as a part of boy band One Direction and his successful solo career, hadn’t done much in the film world yet, making his acting debut in Christopher Nolan’s 2017 war film, Dunkirk. But Grandage says Styles came to that meeting as a fully formed actor. “He had read the script so many times that he knew every single beat of it at that meeting. I found that incredibly impressive. He knew other people’s lines; he knew all of his lines. He knew why he wanted to talk about it, why one scene worked this way and another worked another way,” says Grandage.

Styles’s career onstage and the massive fan following he’s amassed also made it clear that he and Tom actually have a lot in common. “This story is about two people that are in love with Tom, slightly obsessed with him,” points out Rogers. “Harry—the world is so transfixed on him, on his every move.”

And it would turn out, Styles’s limited experience as an actor worked well for this part, says Grandage. “Because he hasn’t done much, he hasn’t developed the ability to work out tricks or even lie. He can only do it truthfully and as he knows it,” he says, likening his naturalistic work to that of a young Albert Finney or Tom Courtenay. “They just bring themselves to the role, and it seems to be very uncomplicated in the way they achieve it and Harry had that,” he says."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/06/harry-styles-in-my-policeman-emma-corrin-first-look-images

Where the video for the trailer??

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Where the video for the trailer??

It's not coming today :chick3:

I’m glad we got theatrical and streaming release dates! 

17 hours ago, Sam96 said:

I’m glad we got theatrical and streaming release dates! 

wait what, where? 

4 hours ago, Flexus said:

wait what, where? 

it’s all over Twitter 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.