• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

if you don’t watch this movie in theaters and the biggest screen possible in 3D imax dolby atmos whatever, you’re simply missing out on a movie of CULTURAL significance, considering it simply

changed the game of technology/ aesthetics and visuals in cinema forever. 

peeeeriodd

3 minutes ago, BeachRat said:

if you don’t watch this movie in theaters and the biggest screen possible in 3D imax dolby atmos whatever, you’re simply missing out on a movie of CULTURAL significance, considering it simply

changed the game of technology/ aesthetics and visuals in cinema forever. 

peeeeriodd

There's like 3 more sequels coming to top its visuals/technology, not a big loss if you skip it

1321068396_ScreenShot2020-09-05at00_05_1

I don't think that Avatar 2 will hit the same increases as Sherlock Holmes 2 domestically because it is doing much more business, so it's dailies can only increase so much. The estimated $680-690M finish using SH2 holds over the holidays is wishful thinking. I'm putting down $500-550M as my domestic range for now. Holds more like Rogue One in 2016, though I think it can hold better. 

Overseas however, is doing gangbusters. Could go as high as $1.45-1.5B. 

Yall dont understand. This movie cannot flop, i need the other 3 movies. 

I love everything about avatar 

So, this is doing decent numbers, but I think it's highly unlikely it will get the 2 billion it needs to break-even. Avatar 3 has already been filmed so it's safe, but A3 and A4 are uncertain imo.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

So, this is doing decent numbers, but I think it's highly unlikely it will get the 2 billion it needs to break-even. Avatar 3 has already been filmed so it's safe, but A3 and A4 are uncertain imo.

2b breakeven has been debunked already but it most likely needs to do at least over 1.4b to be considered a decent performance. 

8 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

There's like 3 more sequels coming to top its visuals/technology, not a big loss if you skip it

1321068396_ScreenShot2020-09-05at00_05_1

oh my god! Danny DeVito i love your work!

Break even is around $1.15-1.2B 

$460M production (X2) + $150-200M advertising spend 

Wild how fast that false $2B to break even spread. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

The 2b break-even is about 2 and 3 together. They were filmed together. This movie will be at above 1b already by late December / early January and it won't stop there.

17 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

damn so many people hating on this for absolutely no reason, while praising endgame lol

There are so many pressed Marvel stans out there it's actually insane :deadbanana2: I was so surprised 

Deadline is now comparing this to Rogue One. I think its the perfect movie to compare it to in terms of box office success. 

Monday box office- Avatar collects $53M worldwide ($17M domestic/$36M overseas). Total sits just under $500M after just 4 days. ($494M)

Edit: Disney appears to be underreporting another approx $7M from the overseas debut. A reputable box office tracker Charlie Jatinder has the Overseas weekend actually at $314M. This would also mean Avatar: The Way of Water surpassed Doctor Strange: MoM for the biggest global debut of 2022. :party:

So Avatar 2 is now at $501M global after Monday ($151M DOM/$350M OS)

I can see it flying past $825-850M by Sunday, and $1B by next Wednesday. 

Edited by BNF91

4 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

Deadline is now comparing this to Rogue One. I think its the perfect movie to compare it to in terms of box office success. 

Yeah domestically it seems to be tracking right along Rogue One. I'm hoping it can enjoy slightly better holiday bumps than that film. 

Overseas is incomparable however; Avatar is doing like 3x the business as Rogue One. 

Lmao why are marvel fans always so bitter 

:foxaylove3:

Edited by Happylittlepunk

When they re-release this in china in a couple months itll make 200 million ez.

Another $2.5M increase for overseas Monday numbers.. $38.8M. $55M global day:clap3:

France with nearly $5M Monday :soda:

South Korea passes $30M after a $2.45M Tuesday (Top Gun Maverick at the same point was at $15.2M after a $1.2M Tuesday). Presales are incredible for weekend 2, I think it could drop less than -20% in SK :WAP:

Edited by BNF91

1 hour ago, XAMJ said:

With a spin-off? In that case I'd compare it with The last Jedi, the direct sequel to one of the biggest films of all Time.

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Another $2.5M increase for overseas Monday numbers.. $38.8M. $55M global day:clap3:

France with nearly $5M Monday :soda:

South Korea passes $30M after a $2.45M Tuesday (Top Gun Maverick at the same point was at $15.2M after a $1.2M Tuesday). Presales are incredible for weekend 2, I think it could drop less than -20% in SK :WAP:

Amazing :clap3:

Just wanna watch the movie :jonny5:

This will have legs.

I think many people didnt grab the chance to watch on first weekend because it was so hard to get good seats for 3D/IMAX.Most of them were sold out. 

Predicted to do 65-80M this weekend :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.