Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

Incredible visuals. Horrible screenplay & dialogue.. was hard not to laugh at times. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

2 hours ago, chiliam said:

The movie needs a more refreshing villain for next parts. 

They are doing a good job introduce the new generation and the water tribe. But fail to introduce a new interesting villain. 

Yes next one we should get doctor strange

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Incredible visuals. Horrible screenplay & dialogue.. was hard not to laugh at times. 

Sucks for you

Has anyone watched this in 3D HFR and can tell me if they recommend it? Hearing very conflicted opinions online about the HFR format either enhancing or ruining the experience and I'm not sure what to do 

4 hours ago, Otter said:

What kind of nonsense response? So a sequel needs to retread the same narrative beats, use the same uninspired Villian and motive... Like we're dealing with a whole alien planet, you can create any narrative. :deadvision:

Why cant it? You really dont deserve the movie avatar to be honest with this comment in my opinion 

Just now, Godly said:

Has anyone watched this in 3D HFR and can tell me if they recommend it? Hearing very conflicted opinions online about the HFR format either enhancing or ruining the experience and I'm not sure what to do 

People will always complain about this movie lol… watch it in 3D HFR

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Smashing really hard in most of these markets. If only China was doing better...

Holy crap $95M Saturday :WAP:even better. Looks like the weekend will get to $300M overseas.

A massive $435M global debut:clap3:

23 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Holy crap $95M Saturday :WAP:even better. Looks like the weekend will get to $300M overseas.

A massive $435M global debut:clap3:

A smash ❤️

38 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Why cant it? You really dont deserve the movie avatar to be honest with this comment in my opinion 

:deadvision: It’s a ******* movie people 

The same as The Batman domestically which I did not expect. :rip:

However, this is going to be a global juggernaut I predict, plus it has the rest of the holiday season to itself basically. 

I really hope China has legs

435 worldwide...would of preferred a 5 infront but ok. 2nd weekend needs to be over 300 world wide.

48 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

435 worldwide...would of preferred a 5 infront but ok. 2nd weekend needs to be over 300 world wide.

China really messed it up, the COVID emergency is serious over there. In a perfect world it would have been doing $200-250M debut in China. But aside from China (and Japan), it's really doing solid/huge business everywhere else globally. 

It will be fun to track the daily grosses for the next three weeks. It will be just like when the recent Star Wars films were collecting $20-30M domestic everyday through the holidays. 

A masterpiece. Literally the best cinematic experience ever created and this is no hyperbole. 

The original Avatar opened to 70M in the US. Do not bet against this movie just yet, everyone in the theatre was RAVING after it ended (plus a huge applause) so I’m expecting strong lengs.

Massive opening in Germany :jonny5:

China will come through soon as many people are still afraid to get to cinema there since the resurgence of COVID.

This is so massive at global scale :jonny5:

Global tingz.

15 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Is James Cameron paying you? The weirdest energy I’ve ever seen over a movie lol it’s visually stunning w an okay story, acting like it’s anything other than that is nonsense. Sets up some good points for moving forward so hopefully the plot is more interesting going forward than just a rehash of the original 

He is not.

People never learn. James Cameron movies never have huge debuts and are usually quite stable at the BO. This could be another case of that :rip:

23 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

People never learn. James Cameron movies never have huge debuts and are usually quite stable at the BO. This could be another case of that :rip:

I agree but those movies didn't come out recently or during covid 

$134M is a disappointment. This should have cleared $170m easily. But it might have legs and the overseas market will make sure it gets over 1b. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.