Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

Heard that China still taking COVID restrictions seriously and most of them are still afraid to go out to watch movies in cinemas.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

Damn, this was a recycled mess. I feel like if I had never seen the first film I'd be more forgiving but the novelty had warm off but the first 2 hours were just a retreading of the same ish. At least the film had heart and an emotional punch.

It was **** :redface:

Having “spider” running around nearly naked the whole time hissing at people was such a kiii :rip:

The sea people alone is better than any movie from the last 5 years

Queen Kate Winslet is about to have her career renaissance with Avatar and another 1B+ grossing movie :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Otter said:

Damn, this was a recycled mess. I feel like if I had never seen the first film I'd be more forgiving but the novelty had warm off but the first 2 hours were just a retreading of the same ish. At least the film had heart and an emotional punch.

what did you want? Spider man and aliens coming to attack the planet. Its a SEQUEL.

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

From the numbers I've seen so far, it's smashing in Germany, France, Belgium, the Nordics, the UK, Turkey, South Korea, India, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia.

Doing well in the US/Canada, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, decent in Japan (for today standards, it should still make $40-50M there) the Eastern Euro region.

Disappointing in China (maybe $150-200M total, when even $500-600M could have been witnessed).

Quite a few markets (Thailand, Peru, Portugal, Netherlands, Vietnam, Central America, etc) I haven't been able to access numbers for yet. 

I honestly think the European market is going to eat this movie up. All the screenings in the cinema I saw it are packed until the end of the year. 

it's doing well in most Europe and Asian countries, excluding China

I think 1b5+ overall is locked but still hope for 500m domestic and 1b5 international when it's done

The visuals were incredible and there were things I enjoyed especially seeing the water na’vi and inspiration from pacific cultures but some of the writing was so bad. I was invested throughout  though.

Spoiler

The constant use of ‘bro’

The way they forgot about the forest na’vi when the point of the invasion was to colonise Pandora :rip:

Them leaving really made no sense either.

Some of the narration was kinda annoying too

I hope it does well another to warrant another sequel.

Smashing really hard in most of these markets. If only China was doing better...

Edited by mystery

2 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

what did you want? Spider man and aliens coming to attack the planet. Its a SEQUEL.

What kind of nonsense response? So a sequel needs to retread the same narrative beats, use the same uninspired Villian and motive... Like we're dealing with a whole alien planet, you can create any narrative. :deadvision:

It was so sad when Jake Sully’s son died :gaycat7:

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

It was so sad when Jake Sully’s son died :gaycat7:

I haven’t seen it yet. 

Is this a spoiler? 

The movie needs a more refreshing villain for next parts. 

They are doing a good job introduce the new generation and the water tribe. But fail to introduce a new interesting villain. 

2 hours ago, bjorn said:

I haven’t seen it yet. 

Is this a spoiler? 

A major one. 

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

The movie needs a more refreshing villain for next parts. 

They are doing a good job introduce the new generation and the water tribe. But fail to introduce a new interesting villain. 

Bringing back a villain in the body of his enemy is extremely interesting imo. Especially because he’ll biologically be tied to the planet and therefore be eventually torn between his duty to humans and to the Na’vi. Just like Jake in the first movie. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens to his character! But hopefully Edie gets more screen time to develop. 

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Girl use spoiler tags :biblio: some of us haven’t even seen this 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.