The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

Oh, I also forgot to mention I use "maxmotives" Sim cheat. That and "motherlode" are the only 2 cheats you'll ever need in The Sims 2 @Dolce Vita

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Thanks 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

6 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

sis i'm used to sims 3/4 where everything is handed to you so getting familiar with the game & keeping up with wants/fears is kinda stressful :rip:

like why 4 minutes into playing the game my sims go into aspiration failure 

spacer.png

:rip:

You wouldn't survive TS1 :deadbanana2:

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, xXavril said:

Sims 1 and 2 really do show their age with how extremely focused you need to be on your sim in the early game. Eventually you'll get into the routine and it won't be an issue! Level up cooking to make better meals, and spend the extra money on higher quality items so their needs will fill up a bit more quickly! 

Sims 1 is HARD. You go to Magic Town, duel Vicki Vampiress one time, and your sim needs to pee, shower, and go to bed. It's an amazing game but is slightly too needs based. Probably stems from the core game with no expansions.

Sims 2 IMO is pretty fair. You still have to focus on needs and can't like max your career in one week, but the gameplay gives you time and freedom to explore and go out. (There are amazing mods to improve this game's bugs, looks, and feel but it's a lot of work. I also pray for a loading speed increase one day.)

Sims 3 relaxed things a bit which makes sense because of wanting to explore the open world.

Now why the Sims 4 is like child easy mode when you never want to leave your house to avoid loading screens is beyond me. It's only a build mode simulator for me for a reason. The question is, do I fire up the dogshit EA App to claim some of these mobile gaming garbage daily logins even though I rarely play?

6jqr4Zd.gif

Edited by Walk_Away21
  • Like 1

I counted how much time it takes in Sims 2 and Sims 3 to go to a community lot. Sims 2 loaded faster when I went to a community lot than when my Sims went from their apartmant to a club in Sims 3 Late Night. From waiting that damn elevator to driving taxi to randomly stopping to go to that green thingy transportation to going to taxi again. Open World really got me fooled into thinking Sims go from house to a community lot faster (unless it's near you in a smaller world). Not to mention when your needs get low, you simply load back into home, while their needs are dropping as I am travelling back home in Sims 3. Sims 5 needs Open World but faster transportation option

6jqr4Zd.gif

On 6/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

I counted how much time it takes in Sims 2 and Sims 3 to go to a community lot. Sims 2 loaded faster when I went to a community lot than when my Sims went from their apartmant to a club in Sims 3 Late Night. From waiting that damn elevator to driving taxi to randomly stopping to go to that green thingy transportation to going to taxi again. Open World really got me fooled into thinking Sims go from house to a community lot faster (unless it's near you in a smaller world). Not to mention when your needs get low, you simply load back into home, while their needs are dropping as I am travelling back home in Sims 3. Sims 5 needs Open World but faster transportation option

6jqr4Zd.gif

I just teleported mine everywhere :skull:

On 6/12/2024 at 6:58 PM, BigBangStan said:

i hope it flops (it won't)

i can't believe they're really advertising cuddling in bed as an EP feature :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/12/2024 at 6:58 PM, BigBangStan said:

Not it having less features than the Sims 2 Nightlife. But that's par for the course for the Sims 4. :rip:

• Like 2

They spilled so much 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 2

Life By You's been cancelled 

4 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

The Sims won :rip:

I was looking forward to their Sims 3 open world, nooooo :weeps:

InZion or whatever it's called better come thru 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

I bet the people that donated to this feel real silly.

Anyway The Sims (2) will always win.

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

That's sad !

but with that being said, I personally think it looked a little bland, very Second Life esque, I just assumed it was because it was under development

Is it possible to create a whole new fanmade Expansion Packs via mods for Sims 2? I see someone tried making Farm Life a thing but the problem is that chicken, horses and cows don't move. They are basically just decorations that you feed and hatch. But if they managed to make things that weren't programmed into original game be functional then you could play brand new expansions pack for free. But I guess they are much difficult to create if you're not a highly advanced programmer,  and they do exist but I doubt they are playing Sims 2 in order to cook a bunch of new stuff and functions as if it's still 2008 and Sims 2 team is still developing Sims 2 expansion packs :weeps:

And if they can make you visit residential lots, not just community lots, oh it's gonna be cooking 

6jqr4Zd.gif

50 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is it possible to create a whole new fanmade Expansion Packs via mods for Sims 2? I see someone tried making Farm Life a thing but the problem is that chicken, horses and cows don't move. They are basically just decorations that you feed and hatch. But if they managed to make things that weren't programmed into original game be functional then you could play brand new expansions pack for free. But I guess they are much difficult to create if you're not a highly advanced programmer,  and they do exist but I doubt they are playing Sims 2 in order to cook a bunch of new stuff and functions as if it's still 2008 and Sims 2 team is still developing Sims 2 expansion packs :weeps:

And if they can make you visit residential lots, not just community lots, oh it's gonna be cooking 

6jqr4Zd.gif

I doubt it, since it would have been done by now if possible, considering TS2 got a active modding scene still

My guess is that mods on that scale would make the game implode, honestly

10 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

As much as I hate EA and money-milking-cow schemes since The Sims 2 Store times, I must admit, that there will be no competition ever for The Sims.

Life by You looked bad at arrival.

Paralives looks like a Switch game (and the only success they can have is on Switch).

InZion has FPS Problems on their own rendered trailer and feels more like GTA.

EA won.

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

6jqr4Zd.gif

Yeah, there are some old fan made expansions made by Chris Hatch (farming and nurses are some of them), I think they still rely on some leftover mechanics. I don't think the programming language they used for TS2 is available anywhere

1 hour ago, zuper said:

As much as I hate EA and money-milking-cow schemes since The Sims 2 Store times, I must admit, that there will be no competition ever for The Sims.

Life by You looked bad at arrival.

Paralives looks like a Switch game (and the only success they can have is on Switch).

InZion has FPS Problems on their own rendered trailer and feels more like GTA.

EA won.

Honestly, unless Will Wright wakes up from his slumber and joins developing TS5, I don't think there's much future for the life sim genre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2024 at 6:15 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

They spilled so much 

6jqr4Zd.gif

Saw this the other day too, and they did!

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

None of these Sims clones are seeing the light of day I fear 

4gJB9un.gif

• Haha 2

It's the way with a few mods and custom content TS2 looks even better than TS4 and has enough gameplay and lore that never gets old. I just got back to playing it after like a year break and it's so timeless. 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

Life By You's been cancelled 

Well, how surprising lol

It looked SO ugly since Day 1.

Between this and the Cities Skylines 2 huge fiasco, Paradox must be shaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.