The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

3 hours ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

Sims 2 never had neighbours aging with you, only the household you played age. A lot of people play it rotationally so everyone in the hood ages but there are mode for everyone else to age & NPC age progression that ages up Townies/NPCs at 6pm (they may need to be on the lot you're on but I can't remember. You can download it here: 

https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-mods/

Thank you, I'm just gonna use Freetime EP where you only age out close friends! Don't need the whole town now lmao :dies: especially since I doubt they will get pregnant and produce new life as they age out like in Sims 3/4

------

I'M GAGGED!!! I finally downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and already spent 5 hours playing, Jesus why is Sims 2 so addictive? I don't have this problem when playing Sims 4 ksksksk

Already nostalgia hit me as I was getting apartment with pets while it's snowing outside :weeps:

I never played University or Open for Business so I don't know how to use their things but I'll get there eventually. Boy Voyage too!

I see you can also place families to live in Downtown too?? I hope they can visit my main city too if I play there. So much exploring to do as I only played base game and Pets :toofunny3: and Nightlife for a short period, I wish I didn't have to go to work because I would be playing this damn game all day ksksksk

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

Oh EA you're finished!! I might download this game after I get bored of The Sims 2 :jonnycat:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Oh EA you're finished!! I might download this game after I get bored of The Sims 2 :jonnycat:

Im soooo hype for life by you 

I've been interested since day 1, but there was a moment late last year/early this year when the graphics weren't improving at all and they kept only showing treasure hunting as the main gameplay. But the delayed me the EA by another 3 months and you can finally tell they're listening to feedback. 

character models still need work though

that life by you game looks really ugly and awkward 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kern said:

that life by you game looks really ugly and awkward 

all of these new lifesim games look UGLY. it's really over for this genre 

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I pre-ordered LBY twice (because early access kept getting pushed back). 

I am not doing it again, they gave themselves more time to "polish" the game and I haven't noticed any improvements.

I gave it all a pass at first because it was so early but no. It looks TS3 messy visually.

Yes it's still not complete and could become so much better, if so I will wait till then.

How can no life sim game beat TS2 in the visuals department?

20 YEARS later and it knocks all these games out the park!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xXavril said:

Im soooo hype for life by you 

I've been interested since day 1, but there was a moment late last year/early this year when the graphics weren't improving at all and they kept only showing treasure hunting as the main gameplay. But the delayed me the EA by another 3 months and you can finally tell they're listening to feedback. 

character models still need work though

Life by You, Paralives and Sims are finished in the graphics department.

Open world, city, apartments, seasons, pets, generations, socializing powers, super detailed creator mode, all in base game

6jqr4Zd.gif

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Open world, city, apartments, seasons, pets, generations, socializing powers, super detailed creator mode, all in base game

6jqr4Zd.gif

it's just too realistic and shiny looking like imvu or second life (is that still a thing?), not a fan

nothing will beat that Sims 2 experience

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

it's just too realistic and shiny looking like imvu or second life (is that still a thing?), not a fan

6jqr4Zd.gif

I prefer less cartoon-ish graphics (which is why I am gonna hate Paralives unfortunately ughh) and which is why Sims 2 graphics >>> Sims 3 and Sims 4 where their models simply don't hit 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

6jqr4Zd.gif

6 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I prefer less cartoon-ish graphics (which is why I am gonna hate Paralives unfortunately ughh) and which is why Sims 2 graphics >>> Sims 3 and Sims 4 where their models simply don't hit 

6jqr4Zd.gif

Agreed, the ones that look too realistic are too much. Then you have Paralives which is beautiful but too cartoony.

It's about finding the perfect blend.

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

6jqr4Zd.gif

Please at this rate it isn't going to end anything. That trailer STRUGGLES performance wise, you can see the constant drops in fps. 

personally I'm excited for all of these life sims because I'm so sick of EA owning the monopoly of life sims and completely ruining the good name of The Sims. 

I do think all of these new life sims have both pros and cons to them, but right now my focus is on Life By You since early access comes out next month. That said, it still has a LOT of work that needs done. Right now you can't even make a group meal, multitask, or have a kid. All features that were included in the sims 1 

• Like 1

I don't understand why can't they just make a game with different artstyle.
We just want a life sim that is not greedy like The Sims

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the article that came out the other day, they said two of the main people involved with life by you came from mobile games :rip: and honey we can tell

that said, I don't think you're giving them enough credit for the work they've done a last year polishing the graphics. The outside world/lighting has improved so much. Character models are definitely still rough, but they said they're going to continue working on them in early access. The game is probably two years minimum away, so there's plenty of time for them to actually fix them

Edited by xXavril

I am so desperate for the next roadmap :gaycat7: give it to us already :gaycat7:

Not 2 kits being leaked, I just want the next EP already  :gaycat7:

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, trying to find the mod which is f*cking up my game is very difficult :biblio:

• Haha 1

Paralives looks great. It's a cute cartoony vibe that's super cottage-core 

Downloaded that Silent Peaks neighborhood for my Sims 2, it's so good!! 

I already have so much drama kskskskksksks 

• Like 2

why is sims 2 so hard to play mama…cindy makes it look so easy

spacer.png

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

spacer.png

How is it hard? :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, noonbob said:

How is it hard? :deadbanana2:

sis i'm used to sims 3/4 where everything is handed to you so getting familiar with the game & keeping up with wants/fears is kinda stressful :rip:

like why 4 minutes into playing the game my sims go into aspiration failure 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2024 at 12:22 PM, Dolce Vita said:

spacer.png

Do you have all EPs?

3 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

sis i'm used to sims 3/4 where everything is handed to you so getting familiar with the game & keeping up with wants/fears is kinda stressful :rip:

spacer.png

Sims 1 and 2 really do show their age with how extremely focused you need to be on your sim in the early game. Eventually you'll get into the routine and it won't be an issue! Level up cooking to make better meals, and spend the extra money on higher quality items so their needs will fill up a bit more quickly! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

spacer.png

Playing with Romance Sims is easy. All you need to do is use one Sim household, invite dates to your home lot, tickle your dates a bit, hug, flirt, gossip, make out and woohoo and end date on perfect score and BAM, your wants get you like 30k aspiration points on a single date. My male Sim wh0re has 160k aspiration points for woohooing with all the men and a few women as well. Bisexual self. But I have him in a tiny ass apartment so I can't put that love/pink hottub in his place and spend a few of his aspiration coins. Knowledge Sim and Moneymaking Sim are the worst tho. Family Sim and Romance Sim outsold >>>>>>

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.