The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

It's been 4 days since Sims 1's 24th anniversary, where is that "celebration" DLC they promised :rip:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

Overwolf, Mod the Sims, Sims Resource all got infected with malware :deadbanana:

What a sad and lonely game. 

Literally what even is this video.

Edited by Hey Dude

I mean, now that Paralives teased a promising game with Early Access in 2025, Life By You is not needed anymore.

And still looks ugly.

about to download the sims 2 for the first time after watching acottonsock/cindy’s let’s plays, they make it look so fun :WAP:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

about to download the sims 2 for the first time after watching acottonsock/cindy’s let’s plays, they make it look so fun :WAP:

It still holds up well :1stplace:

I think you should start with a test world to get an idea of how the needs work. They drain faster than Sims 3/4 and a lot of interactions take a lot of time to finish. 

• Like 1

New trailer tomorrow. Seems like the rumors of a 

Spoiler

Stuff pack where we make jewelry out of the base game crystals

are true. This would actually be seriously cool and give me more gameplay than certain $40 expansions. 

19 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

It still holds up well :1stplace:

I think you should start with a test world to get an idea of how the needs work. They drain faster than Sims 3/4 and a lot of interactions take a lot of time to finish. 

omg the needs are so hard to keep up with. my sims needs depleted quick asf :rip:

I just realized Taylor now has enough albums to make a Legacy a challenge with the 10 generations being each era in the Sims.

Please tell me people online are joking when they say they didn't know there are crystals you can find in Sims 4 :bibliahh:

Those crystals finally getting a purpose after almost a decade besides just selling them for quick simoleons :deadbanana4:

On 2/7/2024 at 1:49 PM, VeniceBeach said:

Looks great, also the last part :clap3:

"Paralives will NEVER have paid DLCs. Only FREE expansions" :clap3:

They already won :clap3:

2 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Day 1 purchase for me.

when did their trailers stop having songs in simlish? :rip:

god, the soul of this series is completely gone.

at the same time, this does seem like a more thought out pack than the last 10. I like the fact you can custom make your engagement ring

4 minutes ago, xXavril said:

when did their trailers stop having songs in simlish? :rip:

god, the soul of this series is completely gone.

They do those for the main DLCs:

• Thanks 1

I like the emotion animations (feels inspired by Sims 2) but the walk and run feel odd.

The animations don't match the speed of movement, imo. 

New update. 

They deadass added another icon next to the gallery tab that is dedicated to...buying DLC. 

And you know how some icons radiate when there's new content / info? Apparently it does it all the time. 

Update: Wow...it's even worse than I thought. Look at the video... I don't want to download this update.

What

The

Edited by Hey Dude
  • Confused 1

It's honestly so sad to see what a pure cash grab the franchise has become. Granted it was always very nickel-and-dime, but at least in previous games your money actually went towards something interesting. The Sims 4 is so bland and personality-less it feels more like an overfunded sandbox experience rather than an actual game with heart and soul. I've been playing The Sims 2 on the PS2 recently and although very limiting it genuinely feels fun to play, whereas this latest installment is such a toxic wasteland content-wise that even if you own all DLCs it's so easy to get bored with it because the game has genuinely nothing to say. I'm not excited for Project Rene at all and I honestly think EA will kill The Sims for good with it. The signs are all there.

Edited by Bloody Willy
  • Like 2

Playing for free on the PS5. :coffee2:
and the add ons are really cheap and discounted. :jonnycat:

On 3/1/2024 at 5:55 AM, Bloody Willy said:

It's honestly so sad to see what a pure cash grab the franchise has become. Granted it was always very nickel-and-dime, but at least in previous games your money actually went towards something interesting. The Sims 4 is so bland and personality-less it feels more like an overfunded sandbox experience rather than an actual game with heart and soul. I've been playing The Sims 2 on the PS2 recently and although very limiting it genuinely feels fun to play, whereas this latest installment is such a toxic wasteland content-wise that even if you own all DLCs it's so easy to get bored with it because the game has genuinely nothing to say. I'm not excited for Project Rene at all and I honestly think EA will kill The Sims for good with it. The signs are all there.

Project Rene is such a mistake. 

Edited by Hey Dude

I seriously hope the rumors of 

Spoiler

Grim Reaper and Fairies DLCs

Are true because I know those will be epic based on their track record with the fantasy packs. 

22 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Project Rene is such a mistake. 

the minute I saw that mobile-PC cross play footage I knew it was over, they do NOT know their audience at all

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:16 PM, Hey Dude said:

What a sad and lonely game. 

Literally what even is this video.

This looks like Second Life but 1% less ugly :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.