The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

On 12/18/2023 at 8:47 PM, Hey Dude said:

I wish Sims 2 youtubers would move away from 2004's Pleasantview. 

He says and then proceeds to recreate Pleasantview in Sims 4. I'm also adding Sim State University. 

Also there's a crazy good deal on the EA App, create-a-bundle is $30 USD and you can even add Horse Ranch and Growing Together.

I think this is the first time High School Years went 50% off :rip:

Is this pack actually that successful that? I remember Discover University also went a whole year with just 25% off while Snowy Escape went 50% super fast. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

i never purchased a sims 4 pack, i only bought the base game in 2014 and quickly learnT from my mistake 

thank you anadius 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So looks like the new stuff pack will include gem cuts? That could actually be so cool if we get a new use for the base game gem collection. 

1 minute ago, noonbob said:

this-is-a-concept-the-sims-2-remastered-

A concept!

:jonny5:

We need TS3 remastered 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, noonbob said:

this-is-a-concept-the-sims-2-remastered-

A concept!

:jonny5:

i GASPED... i hatechu sis

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

i GASPED... i hatechu sis

I googled TS2 remastered and found it. Was hoping to find some fan project or something :rip:

The leather jacket is a 10/10 for me. Maybe better than the Get Together one, I have to see the other swatches

sims-4-goth-kit-2-1140x641.jpeg

The windowsssssssss

sims-4-castle-estate-build-kit-objects-1

Grant Rodiek left Maxis. He was the head of the new game they worked on. 

So he was able to push through and survive Sims 3 and 4's disasterous developments (he and others said bad bad stuff about how it was lime to work on Sims 3. Rod Humble is a *****) but this new trash mobile game broke him. 

He said he doesn't have any job offers that led him to leave. He actually bailed out on the mobile game.

Welp hope they got fairies and skateboards DLC in mind because I really fear Sims 4 is the end :redface:

Edited by Hey Dude
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Grant Rodiek left Maxis. He was the head of the new game they worked on. 

So he was able to push through and survive Sims 3 and 4's disasterous developments (he and others said bad bad stuff about how it was lime to work on Sims 3. Rod Humble is a *****) but this new trash mobile game broke him. 

He said he doesn't have any job offers that led him to leave. He actually bailed out on the mobile game.

Welp hope they got fairies and skateboards DLC in mind because I really fear Sims 4 is the end :redface:

Ooouu TS5 is about to be dead on arrival. Let's get a sims 2 remaster and call it a day :ryan3:

• Thanks 1

I really like the first town shown here. I actually want to play with it, think I'll download it. 

The castles dlc is a 10/10, actually looks so good. I voted for this one in the poll and it's exactly what I wanted.

The goth stuff...seems tame? IDK it feels more emo than goth to me. The leather jacket has some braided laces on the back and it ruins it for me :rip: I didn't vote for this one so whatever. 

--

I hope Cindy likes Growing Together and Werewolves, they are really good.

I echo the The Sims 2 remaster sentiment. It was a perfect game

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 3:43 AM, bestfiction said:

I echo the The Sims 2 remaster sentiment. It was a perfect game

It really was! I just bought my new laptop and the first thing I tried was installing sims 2, but I can't find a way to make it compatible with windows 11.

I'm downloading Sims 4 for the first time, but I'm scared I'll be disappointed after playing Sims 3 years ago. 

Is Sims 4 any good? 

47 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

It really was! I just bought my new laptop and the first thing I tried was installing sims 2, but I can't find a way to make it compatible with windows 11.

I'm downloading Sims 4 for the first time, but I'm scared I'll be disappointed after playing Sims 3 years ago. 

Is Sims 4 any good? 

I got Sims 2 to work on Windows 11 thanks to this:

https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-windows-10/

Sims 4 can be fun with DLC. I think it's at its best when you play as vampires, werewolves, or celebrities. And it's worth to look into the clubs system from Get Together. 8 years now and I still find new ways to use custom clubs. LGR himself said Get Together is one of his all-time favorite Sims DLCs ever.

Steam reviews and the fan voted packs (Paranormal*, Castle Estates) also leads me to believe fantasy gameplay is the main draw point of Sims 4. 

Servo in University is also cool. 

* technically Paranormal didn't win first place, but the vote was so extremely close they knew demand was there. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:27 AM, Sombre said:

how did y'all like the For Rent EP? 

There are still bugs to fix but the fact we can finally build our own multi-unit lots anywhere and have like, 90 playable households live in one lot (with the use of a cheat) is extremely cool. 

The handyman career is worthless. 

The marbles are cute.

You can apparently get spam mail with coupons for build/buy mode. 

The mold infections is...disturbing lol. But in a good way. I'm curious how this interacts with the infections from SV, didn't test yet.

It's cool we can play as a landlord. This was a very obvious way to expand on Apartment Life's system. Good money sink for rich sims. 

Overall the multi-unit system is 10/10 repaly value. It really is Apartment Life system reborn.

There are load screens between each apartment tho. 

Edited by Hey Dude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

Is Sims 4 any good? 

Iirc the main problem with getting The Sims 2 to work on modern computers is to getting it recognize modern graphics cards. It only recognizes a bunch of old cards and they are all written down in one of the game files and you have to manually add the name of your card in it. I believe there are many videos out there on how to make your game work and even update it visually with default texture replacements

Edited by bestfiction
  • Like 1

Sims 2 GBA is low key one of the best. The pirates card game is so addictive. 

I can’t play TS4 anymore :deadbanana2: my EA App deleted itself and when I try to redownload it it says ‘the app is already installed’. But when I launch it it says ‘xyz file can’t be located’.

Already googled it and multiple people had this problem and there seems to be NO solution for it. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Love Again said:

I can’t play TS4 anymore :deadbanana2: my EA App deleted itself and when I try to redownload it it says ‘the app is already installed’. But when I launch it it says ‘xyz file can’t be located’.

Already googled it and multiple people had this problem and there seems to be NO solution for it. 

Don't fight God's intervention :clap3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I love how the Castle Estates swatches have worn and clean swatches, I want that level of detail for every item in the game. 

10/10 best B/B kit since Basement Treasures. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.