• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

I'm ok with the 9 lots world actually.

As long as it's not big and empty and there's a lot a living public communal space between them (the fish market I think for this new world ?)

• ATRL Moderator

I worry a nine lot world will mostly forego community lots when the truth is we need MORE in every world, not less. My only (delulu) hope is there are lots eg gyms and parks permanently loaded into the world, or that they’re public spaces in the apartments 

The Sims 4 worlds are very pretty but we shouldn’t have to travel to three or four different worlds to access every type of community lot on the rare occasion it feels like a Sim needs to leave their home lot for something. I’d even take empty 20x20s we can build our own coffee shops, gyms, parks onto tbh

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Cindy causing major controversy during her recent YouTube live.

Not her licking the spatula and then putting it back in the bowl. An Ariana licking the donut tea.

11 minutes ago, Adam’s Eve said:

Not her licking the spatula and then putting it back in the bowl. An Ariana licking the donut tea.

AND she mentions she's been sick, and this is for some kind of community / friend's dinner. How gross.

• Like 1

I like to put double garages for my homes (great space for a man cave) and it's really hard on small lots :-x

Got the itch to do some more stuff with Horse Ranch, maybe I'll finally start a tumblr for my sims stuff. 

• Like 1

First gameplay live stream this Friday, according to a Sims Guru

Edited by Flocon

I like lilsimsie she's a hard worker and unproblematic but her being so mad at playing as a landlord is so annoying :skull: Like it's just a game she does way worse to her sims and I would argue that giving your money to EA is far worse than playing as a landlord in a fictional game.

Also this may be because I'm not american so please correct me if I'm wrong, but her calling toddlers the pronoun "it" is so weird, when it's supposed to be used to things and not people? Is it common in the US to call toddlers "it" and not him/her? I could also use the "it's just a game" logic here but I bet she would be mad or find it problematic if someone was calling her they/them sims as him/her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VelvetCrush said:

I like lilsimsie she's a hard worker and unproblematic but her being so mad at playing as a landlord is so annoying :skull: Like it's just a game she does way worse to her sims and I would argue that giving your money to EA is far worse than playing as a landlord in a fictional game.

Also this may be because I'm not american so please correct me if I'm wrong, but her calling toddlers the pronoun "it" is so weird, when it's supposed to be used to things and not people? Is it common in the US to call toddlers "it" and not him/her? I could also use the "it's just a game" logic here but I bet she would be mad or find it problematic if someone was calling her they/them sims as him/her.

Yeah I 've seen a lot of complaints over the landlord feature.

People are out there downloading BDSM content, extreme violence mods but playing a landlord is where they draw the line?? :deadbanana:

I even saw some youtubers promote mods for

Spoiler

random miscarriages and teen pregnancies

EA: "Werewolves!"

magic stans: "thank you EA <3 can't wait for the castles dlc in 2024 <3"

realism stans: "**** the magic stans they are FAKE stans sims is a SIMULATOR it should be realism we want realism!!!111"

EA: "Okay, here's rental apartments and landlords just like real life"

realism stans: "No not like that!!!"

:psyduck:

And yes, there have been very nasty remarks by magic-haters when Werewolves got revealed much in the vein of what I wrote above. And yes it was a one-sided fued. 

The only sim reviewer I even listen to is LazyGameReviews. He seems to be the only one that is totally frank, and doesn’t care if EA stops sending him review copies. So I will wait to see what he has to say about the expansion. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tropez said:

The only sim reviewer I even listen to is LazyGameReviews. He seems to be the only one that is totally frank, and doesn’t care if EA stops sending him review copies. So I will wait to see what he has to say about the expansion. 

He is super biased when it comes to the magical gameplay (didn't even bother to review Paranormal or Werewolves) so don't rely too much on him for the supernatural DLCs. I was shocked that he even hated Vampires. 

Also just a head's up: He struck a deal with Paralives. Take that as you will if he makes content once that game comes out.

He's not as obnoxious as today's popular youtubers, but in the end of the day his channel is a source of income.

Apparently we have a handyman career in this DLC :duca:

I hope this is an actual active career that would be so cool. 

12 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

He is super biased when it comes to the magical gameplay (didn't even bother to review Paranormal or Werewolves) so don't rely too much on him for the supernatural DLCs. I was shocked that he even hated Vampires. 

Also just a head's up: He struck a deal with Paralives. Take that as you will if he makes content once that game comes out.

He's not as obnoxious as today's popular youtubers, but in the end of the day his channel is a source of income.

He didn’t review those I believe because to put it plainly he’s sick of all the extra content that EA is releasing as a clear cash grab. The total game price with all content is in the hundreds. And playing the game, the magic stuff is not that great. 

Since we can buy specific marbles (and there's a Belladona Cove one!!!), does that mean those marble textures will be the ones in the jar and when sims play? That would be an extremely sweet detail.

POP EMERGENCY:

They will patch a feature for us to set if a sink is used for just bathroom functions, or just kitchen functions. 

From my code experience this is indeed not as easy as it seems to code. So many of my scripts are a mess because of if-else statements. 

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

POP EMERGENCY:

They will patch a feature for us to set if a sink is used for just bathroom functions, or just kitchen functions. 

From my code experience this is indeed not as easy as it seems to code. So many of my scripts are a mess because of if-else statements. 

I hope this actually works. Maybe now sims can actually not walk to the bathroom just to wash dishes. :skull: 

Sooo the general consensus is that the new world sucks. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:09 PM, VelvetCrush said:

I think the "it" thing is just a wider community joke of babies/infants/toddlers being the in-game equivalent of a needy poop machine. 

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

Sooo the general consensus is that the new world sucks. 

Yeah, its small, the tiger sanctuary is a rabbit hole and EA built all the lots which is the first time since eco lifestyle I think. 

Ive heard good things about the new apartment mechanics though, barring the few major glitches that seems to have popped up in the early access. This seems like the first pack since Cats and Dogs that can really change how you play the game and not just an add on that can be ignored after you get bored. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.