The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

So Sims updated yesterday and somehow every time I activate mods in the options menus and restart the game it says I have to activate mods. Does anyone know that problem? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

For the 5th game they really need to just mix the best aspects of Sims 2 and Sims 3 - multiple playable families with interesting backstories and characters + great customization/design options and improved gameplay from Sims 3. I'd play the **** out of that, meanwhile I didn't even last an hour playing Sims 4.

Simple things could make this game more interesting like for example, just adding more personalized wants and fears that are about other sims like ''This sim wants to flirt with...'' or ''This sim wants to spend time with...'', I know something like that already exists in the game but personally I barely get interesting wants that are focused on specific sims, it's extremely repetitive. I know not everyone likes the wants but it can always give you some ideas and obviously you don't have to agree to do it.

Another thing, attractiveness system is really missing. Imagine your sim finding his wife's sister or something physically attractive. It already makes it more interesting and gives some drama.

They truly need to improve the gameplay instead of giving us unnecessary objects but I don't expect them to do so.

Edited by better than revenge

I really wanna do a spooky Halloween town. 

I'm looking around CopperDale (HSY) and it just now struck me how creepy it is. Like, actually looks like a horror movie town. 

Yeah I'll do a spooky town for Halloween season.

14 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

New Sims event September 12. 

they're gonna be showing project flop, a microtransaction filled mobile nonsense aimed to drain kids of their parents $$ :sleep:  EA you will never beat the garbage allegations

• Haha 5

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, Stardom said:

Where the hell are these life sims coming from :biblio:

devs saw a space in the market with how panned TS4 is. the thing is we know it's a vocal minority complaining very loudly about TS4 because it's by far the most successful game in the franchise. nonetheless, hopefully the new life sims can grow from positive word of mouth and get EA working a bit

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

devs saw a space in the market with how panned TS4 is. the thing is we know it's a vocal minority complaining very loudly about TS4 because it's by far the most successful game in the franchise. nonetheless, hopefully the new life sims can grow from positive word of mouth and get EA working a bit

I wouldn’t say it’s a vocal minority. I am a LIFE long sim player (like sims 1 on my windows 98 computer) and haven’t bought a sims 4 pack since seasons.

It’s the most successful because it’s the most accessible and PC friendly. It also doesn’t help that EA is giving the base game away for free to try and squeeze new players for all they can get. Sims 4 is the most lifeless, soulless, cash grab game out there. it’s wild to suggest that very valid complaints against the game is the ‘vocal minority’. 

personally, I don’t think all these indie life simulation games are going to do huge numbers but I hope they threaten EA enough we get a sims 2/3 quality game (if that’s even possible in today’s day and age)

• Like 2

- New stuff pack (yes yes, a stuff pack) about cooking. Has a waffle maker and a new modern kitchen set. I guess now we pretend Cool Kitchen doesn't exist anymore?

- New "neighborly" expansion pack (yes yes, our 3rd $40 DLC this year). 

- 2 more kits

-  Castles kit will arrive early 2024. :clap: 

Please don't mess this up EA. Full on fantasy please. 

• Thanks 1

Why is The Simtimate Kit lowkey the best kit?! :ahh: Can’t believe I skipped over it. I like how the underwear has actual bulges. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

My sims keep reacting to something dirty in the living room and I CAN’T find the source. Nothing. I tore that room up and down. I hate it so now I gotta find a new house. :toofunny3:

9 minutes ago, Rogue said:

My sims keep reacting to something dirty in the living room and I CAN’T find the source. Nothing. I tore that room up and down. I hate it so now I gotta find a new house. :toofunny3:

Inventory maybe?

12 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Inventory maybe?

I looked and nothing. It’s so weird. I don’t get it. 

Regarding The Sims 5, their goal is to aim for something à la Fortnite. Free to play so kids can play it without asking their parents for a 60-80$ game, instead they’ll ask for 5-30$ microtransactions/dlc once a while instead.

Makes more money in the long run. Tbh, I could see it so super well.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, xXavril said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a vocal minority. I am a LIFE long sim player (like sims 1 on my windows 98 computer) and haven’t bought a sims 4 pack since seasons.

It’s the most successful because it’s the most accessible and PC friendly. It also doesn’t help that EA is giving the base game away for free to try and squeeze new players for all they can get. Sims 4 is the most lifeless, soulless, cash grab game out there. it’s wild to suggest that very valid complaints against the game is the ‘vocal minority’. 

personally, I don’t think all these indie life simulation games are going to do huge numbers but I hope they threaten EA enough we get a sims 2/3 quality game (if that’s even possible in today’s day and age)

It’s not wild at all. It’s the most *played* game in Sims history, had already sold like 40 million before it was made free. It’s huge.

Sims 3 is right there and failed to keep players from jumping ship. And Sims 3 Pets on PS3 had like 40k lifetime players, so even if the “too powerful for PC” comments come, no one was buying it on console either. 

It’s definitely a minority that isn’t buying. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain

thank god they announced they wouldn't abandon Sims 4 even when Sims 5 is released

not too excited for Project Renee so...

The state of this game is embarrassing. As is anyone who is still giving money to EA's greedy incompetent ass instead of p-wording it tbh

Ip1gEBj.gif 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It’s not wild at all. It’s the most *played* game in Sims history, had already sold like 40 million before it was made free. It’s huge.

Sims 3 is right there and failed to keep players from jumping ship. And Sims 3 Pets on PS3 had like 40k lifetime players, so even if the “too powerful for PC” comments come, no one was buying it on console either. 

It’s definitely a minority that isn’t buying. 

Just because it's the most popular or *played* doesn't mean it's good :coffee: Fans have literally no other option to get their simulation life fix. The best games in the series (1 and 2) aren't even available anymore, and if you do manage to download them, most modern computers struggle to run them. Also, the 40 million sold isn't impressive, because the sims sold over 100 million back in the time where PC gaming wasn't even as big as it is now. (It doesn't help that the sims 4 has been dragged along for almost a DECADE now). The Sims has ALWAYS been a top selling game. Hence why EA turned it into the microtransacion mess it is today.

Also, it's silly to compare a stand alone game (sims 3 pets on PS3) and the full game with all 1000 packs on most major consols.

I'm glad you feel like defending this mess of the game, but you failed to address any of the real concerns people have, and instead resorted to SaLeS

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Fairies DLC in 2024, trust. 

JHFMips.gif

Haven't they abandoned supernatural gameplay mostly ? :redface: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.